• PB&J with chili?

• Total voters

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Yuck! Why would you want to ruin something as wonderful as chili with a pbj?

On a side note, wife and I went to Skyline Chili for the first time ever last night. What a disappointment. We were expecting to select from a variety of chili recipes to try, but no, they don't serve chili. Only something similar to chili piled on other stuff. They called it a three-way (not the kind you're thinking of right now!);)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I like to make my chili what Steak and Shake calls 5-way. Spaghetti on the bottom, cheese (Monterey Jack or something, you know good cheese) on top, some onion and hot sauce. Peanut butter I can see, but I've never found a use for cheddar, sharpness notwithstanding.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Very, very common at schools in the 70's. I like it well enough, but I rarely eat it - mostly because I don't want an extra 3-400 Calories added on top of the chilli.

By the way, NEVER take an Aussi's word for what kind of pastes to eat. Have you ever tasted Vegemite? It's truly hideous stuff.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    peanut butter...NO JELLY!!!!!!!

oh and what "GODLESS HEATHEN" puts noodles in chili...at my house we call that spaghetti!!!!!

Overwatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2014
    Putnam County
    I grew up eating peanut butter sandwiches and Chili.

Now, that has morphed in our family to enjoying peanut butter on Ritz Crackers with chili.

IMG_2263.JPG

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    As a brewer, autolyzed yeast is a signal of something very, very wrong.

Yeah, someone let it sit on the yeast cake way too long.

Peanut butter sandwich with chili every time. No jelly though, save it for when there's nothing else to eat with the PB sammy.

This is important, so pay attention. 2 slices of beefy wheat bread, each one smeared with PB and folded in half. The first one is for dipping as you eat the chili. The second is for mopping up everything off the inside of the bowl. Occasionally dill pickle slices can be included pre-fold.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Dill pickles? Um, no. Please no. Autolyzed yeast on toast is one thing, but dill pickles, yuck. That would be like putting broccoli in it. Of course, that's just me.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    What is wrong with you people? Jelly or honey? Really? It is just peanut butter... wow... Where am I?

The school cafeteria always served PB and Honey sandwiches (sliced diagonally) with the chili. The honey soaked into the bread and gave just a hint of a crunch to the sandwich. Chili just isn't the same without it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ok, I grew up in the 70s and never had this. I'm starting to get paranoid. Of course, I don't recall ever having chili at all...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok, I grew up in the 70s and never had this. I'm starting to get paranoid. Of course, I don't recall ever having chili at all...

I grew up in the 60s/70s and I did have chili. Never with PBJ or PBH. I'm not from Indiana though, so maybe that's just a Indy thing? :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom