• PB&J with chili?

• Total voters

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Cooking chili now and noticed I am out of bread. Can't make PB&J to enjoy with my meal and mentioned this to a co-worker on Skype who is from and resides in Australlia. He seemed disgusted at the thought of eating PB&J or dipping it in chili.

As a kid, we always had PB&J served with chili in school lunch. As a kid, it's just how my Mom served it to us. I always dipped it in my chili, finished the PB&J, then ate my bowl of chili.

What about you?

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Every time!

This guy knows!

I work remotely and we've got staff all over the world. US, UK, Australia, India, Singapore, etc. When I brought it up in the internal chat before the end of my shift it was met with harsh criticism and comments of disgust! Even the US staff hadn't heard of it and found the idea revolting. Maybe it's an Indiana or general midwest / bible-belt regional thing?

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I am not opposed to it. As you mentioned, ate it this way in school, but then that may have been out of necessity since they did not let us use any flatware (kidding).

I prefer chili with onions and cheese or angel hair pasta and cheese.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Although I don't often have PBJ with my chili very often now, at a lot of it when a kid. At school and home. Think it was a matter of funds. Not much money at home and the schools recevied a lot of PB from government food programs.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That's interesting. I've never heard of it, I wonder if it's a regional thing. Where did the people who had it live vs those who didn't? I grew up in north Indianapolis, a little to the right.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    It's mandatory - anyone who doesn't eat peanut butter (no jelly; death to jelly!) with their chili, in my household we cut off their hands. Stealing, cut off their hands. Not flushing the toilet enough; cutting off hands. Staying up past curfew; cutting off of the hands. You think by now everyone would have gotten up to speed, but you'd be amazed at the regularity with which members of my family lose a hand. For not eating chili with peanut butter (no jelly; death to jelly!) sandwiches with their chili. It's gotten quite - out of hand. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cooking chili now and noticed I am out of bread. Can't make PB&J to enjoy with my meal and mentioned this to a co-worker on Skype who is from and resides in Australlia. He seemed disgusted at the thought of eating PB&J or dipping it in chili.

As a kid, we always had PB&J served with chili in school lunch. As a kid, it's just how my Mom served it to us. I always dipped it in my chili, finished the PB&J, then ate my bowl of chili.

What about you?
    I'm going with the Aussie on this one.
    Nothing beats a cup of chili and a good grilled cheese sammy for lunch.

See? CM gets it. Whatever you have to go with your chili MUST INVOLVE CHEESE!

It's the law.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What is wrong with you people? Jelly or honey? Really? It is just peanut butter... wow... Where am I?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I put the shredded extra sharp cheddar on top of the chili...
    Instead of saltines or tall house crackers I like sprinkling some of those fish shaped cheese crackers. That and a sharp cheddar on grilled asiago bread is the perfect companions for chili.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    y'all are crazy. Chili goes with chili, with maybe some Saltines and peanut butter on the side if you're one of those people who can stomach just eating PB. What is this madness about eating PB&J with it?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom