Do you feel strange when you DON'T carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I feel naked when not carrying too. The only time I don't have a gun on me is in the shower and in bed. But at those times its not too far away. shower- its on the sink. Bed- well its withing an arms reach, but not saying where:p

When I flew out to Oregon a couple years ago I felt really naked. It was the first time I was without a knife since I was around 8 yrs old or so. So being without a knife, lighter, or gun on me it was very strange. From now on no more flying, I'll only drive out there, lol.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Yes! I feel naked. But I dont always carry. (sorry guys) I dont feel I need a gun at all times to survive And If I have no time to think and use my wits then I most likely wouldn't have had time to use my gun. But I do prefer to have my gun.

Last edited:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    This is definitely an experience I have each time I head out without my gun. I went to an Indians baseball game this week, and didn't carry due to their rules (though security was pretty lax when I entered, so I'd have been fine).

I, too, went to an Indians game. I didn't see ANY signs at any entrance forbidding firearms. I also read the back of the ticket, and there was nothing about firearms. What rules have you seen, and where did you see them?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Ah, well, I will just ask the Mods to close this thread then, since the rest of us are "silly".

Thank you for correcting us Jack, you are obviously wiser than the rest of us.
    :rolleyes:

May be it's silly, may be it's not. The concept seems a little silly to that's all. Sorry it's a sore spot to ya. May be you need a little salve for that if that spot get's picked at a lot.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    May be it's silly, may be it's not. The concept seems a little silly to that's all. Sorry it's a sore spot to ya. May be you need a little salve for that if that spot get's picked at a lot.

Just a little harmless sarcasm back at ya. Figured if you had the chutzpah to call something silly that most of the other posters agreed to, that you could handle a little sarcasm. :whistle:

My wife says she knows if I am being sarcastic, when she sees my lips moving. :D

Have you never left, say, your phone, or your PDA, etc, behind? and all day you reach for it, and it isn't there, or you feel like something is missing? (because it is). That is the feeling I was describing.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Just a little harmless sarcasm back at ya. Figured if you had the chutzpah to call something silly that most of the other posters agreed to, that you could handle a little sarcasm. :whistle:

My wife says she knows if I am being sarcastic, when she sees my lips moving. :D

Have you never left, say, your phone, or your PDA, etc, behind? and all day you reach for it, and it isn't there, or you feel like something is missing? (because it is). That is the feeling I was describing.

Yep. Don't remember what it was any more though. Must not have needed it all that bad I recon.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I, too, went to an Indians game. I didn't see ANY signs at any entrance forbidding firearms. I also read the back of the ticket, and there was nothing about firearms. What rules have you seen, and where did you see them?

I just assumed that they would prohibit weapons, being that it was a sporting event... I just assume I'm going to be frisked entering something like this (concerts, football, basketball, etc.).

Anyhow, I checked their website before going: Indianapolis Indians: Ballpark

I didn't look around for signs on my way in, and would have been fine carrying (at least this time).

Sorry... :hijack:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    When I am not carrying, I always feel tense versus when I am carrying I am more relaxed. For instance, I have to take my Dad and StepMom to Midway today. Can't carry in Illinois. Too bad that bill wasn't passed, it would have solved my Chicago problem.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't feel naked as much as vulnerable. A good analogy would be that dream we've all had that we go to school in just our underwear and don't realize it until the middle of third period (at least I hope I'm not the only one that has had that dream:). That is feeling "naked"! Feeling vulnerable is a much more ominous feeling. Like you are unprepared for a potentially terrible situation. Every time I leave the house with my wife and son I think, "What if........"(you finish the thought with your own imagination). And that is why I carry and I think many of us do. Carry on brothers and sisters!

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    No , I like to believe I practice decent situational awareness . IMO , your mind is the most important weapon you have at any given time .

At first glance, everybody's' suspect :shady: . In God we trust , everyone else must show ID , listening to your intuition or gut . :draw::twocents:

grumpe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    whiteland
    Yes it does feel weird not to carry once you get used to it. When I applied for my life time it took almost a month to get it and my old one was expired. Officer said "Now, don't carry" Ok, sure..... I carried it only when I was working. I didn't want to not carry when I was in Marion Co. working reo's houses. You know everyone there is ! :dunno: I figured if I had to explain it to a cop it he may understand. I cannot do my job with out it

Top Bottom