Do you feel strange when you DON'T carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Feel the same way. Almost naked without it now, even after many years of not carrying. I'm more likely to forget my keys or my wallet than my gun. That's just from habit......a good one at that!

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I have been carrying so long i feel lost without it ..i get nervous ..
    I dont walk out of my house without my piece , not even to cut my grass ..

so if i have to be without it i feel LOST :draw::patriot:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It's even worse now, I had to sell my carry piece. Should be able to get my new one out of layaway in a couple weeks, max. ugh.

Taipan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    I have been carrying so long i feel lost without it ..i get nervous ..
    I dont walk out of my house without my piece , not even to cut my grass ..

so if i have to be without it i feel LOST :draw::patriot:

...and here I was thinking I was the only person on the planet so determined to always carry that I mow the lawn with my sidearm! Thanks Dice! I'm not the only Uber dork on the forum now!!!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have been carrying pretty much everywhere I go since the middle of May. Today I had to take my daughter for some tests at Wishard, and met my wife at IU Med Center for lunch. I did not feel comfortable leaving it in the van, as I don't have a way to store it securely in a vehicle yet, so I left it at home.

Man, the whole time I was there I felt...naked. As well as having that "did I leave the stove on?" feeling. Something was missing. I KNEW what it was, but it was really weird.

Anyone else have this experience?
    I drove to Chicago for a Cubs game last week, and since I'd be committing a felony by taking a handgun into the People's Republic of Illinois, I didn't carry my Kimber Pro Carry and I removed the Glock 21 that usually resides in my console safe and left them both at home. I didn't get back to Zionsville until about midnight that night, and I stopped at a local bank's drive-up ATM for some cash. An older, beat-up Cadillac with tinted windows pulled in behind me at the ATM and turned off its lights. Not cool. Nothing else happened, but it was a little spooky and I felt like an IDIOT for not having a firearm with me under the circumstances. I kept imagining the headlines, "Unarmed Weapons Instructor is Gunned Down Without a Fight." How embarrassing would that be? (In addition to the whole death thing.)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yes, I hate not carrying every single day to and from work or every time I go to a kids game or practice because they are always at a school.

Every other time I leave the house I have it with me, even when I go hunting.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Yes! This past weekend was my first experience with multiply days in a row where i couldn't carry. I worked at the US Nationals all weekend (Fri-Mon) and then had class (iupui) all day Tuesday, so today is my first day back...and indeed i felt weird without it. I really felt defenseless.

Top Bottom