Do you favor or oppose passing stricter gun control laws?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walt K.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Of course you may not believe it is near that high... but you are a sample of 1.

I looked further and did find other polls showing it lower. I found other polls showing it higher.

Note, though, the drive being made and the attention it is getting.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I think the gun laws for purchasing are good enough. A criminal will get a gun, one way or another. The one place I think there should be a bit more steps to get something is a carry permit. I think at least a one day class in safety and other things should be taken to get a carry permit.

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Whats your purpose for passing more laws? Is it for crime prevention? Bottom line (IMO), laws only apply to the law abiding, therefore more laws carry no clout with people who are going to break the law anyways. No need to make it harder on law abiding citizens to acquire protection for their person and home.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just Beck trying to get people riled up. No other survey or poll has shown anything like that. Even this one is only for "religious" people. That leaves out a good segment of the population. The questions also look rigged, judging by the pie chart. "Stricter gun laws and enforcement" covers a lot of people. Many of whom might be in favour of one, but not the other. More Beck crap stirring. Not what we need in the real discussion.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Certainly, one can argue for gun control as a primary factor in crime reduction, but when asked to select the single most important “thing” that could end mass shootings, there was no consensus. On the whole, 27 percent of Americans (no specific cohort, but the nation as a whole) said that gun control is the most important, 22 percent said that it is increased mental heath screening and 20 percent claimed that placing more emphasis on God and morality is the answer.

These were the only options to select from?

Maybe if the question was: Considering most mass shootings occur in places where law abiding citizens are prohibited by law or by policy from protecting themselves and others, what would be the most effective way of curbing those mass shootings?

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Look at the source...I dont believe its near that high...

Of course you may not believe it is near that high... but you are a sample of 1.

I looked further and did find other polls showing it lower. I found other polls showing it higher.

Note, though, the drive being made and the attention it is getting.

It's all part of the old adage, "Figures don't lie, but liars sure can figure!"

The masses are easily swayed...is this surprising?

Not in the least :rolleyes:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I think the gun laws for purchasing are good enough. A criminal will get a gun, one way or another. The one place I think there should be a bit more steps to get something is a carry permit. I think at least a one day class in safety and other things should be taken to get a carry permit.

Since the percentage of crime undertaken by permit/licensed gun owners is so high? Serious question, not a sarcastic remark. I don't know the exact number but Ive heard it quoted many times below 1%. If mandatory training is your answer, what percentage of gun violence do you suspect it will reduce? Almost zero.

The answer lies in education, I agree, but not when some some reaches the age of legal purchase/ownership. It should be stared much much earlier. If there is to be mandatory training, I like what Kirk suggested in a different thread. A gun safety/marksmanship curriculum staring in grade school. If the public education system were really about bringing up responsible members of society, this would be a start.

Walt K.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012

I disagree.

I support exercising the natural right to defense as documented in the Constitution of the State of Indiana, Article 1, Section 32 and in the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the united States of America.

Walt K.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I don't think it will reduce it any, I just think it would be common sense to take a class. I do plan on taking one when I get my carry permit even though it isn't needed.

I respect the decision you are making for yourself on your own accord.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Whats your purpose for passing more laws? Is it for crime prevention? Bottom line (IMO), laws only apply to the law abiding, therefore more laws carry no clout with people who are going to break the law anyways. No need to make it harder on law abiding citizens to acquire protection for their person and home.
    You sure have got a lot of nerve using that common sense of yours.:):
    That kind of thinking is dangerous ya know.

Good post!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Per the link below, over half (52%) of the nation is content with the notion of stricter gun laws.

See how easy it is to control the sheep?

Stage and / or sensationalize a couple of attacks and the sheep fall in line in favor of surrendering Liberty to the state.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!

This Is Where Religious People Stand on Gun Control Laws | TheBlaze.com

It completely depends on how the question is framed.

Q:"Do you think you should have your hunting rifles taken away"-A:"No"
    Q:"Do you think that your baby raping neighbor should have the machine guns that he bought at a gun show no question asked should have them taken away"-A:"Yes"

Walt K.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    It completely depends on how the question is framed.

Q:"Do you think you should have your hunting rifles taken away"-A:"No"
    Q:"Do you think that your baby raping neighbor should have the machine guns that he bought at a gun show no question asked should have them taken away"-A:"Yes"

Q:"Do you think that your baby raping neighbor should have the machine guns that he bought at a gun show no question asked should have them taken away"

A:"Why the hell is a baby raping neighbor out of jail and alive? Were the babie's parent some of those folks that advocated for gun laws and shirked their individual responsibility for the protection of their family, themselves, and their property by waiting for the police to take care of that responsibility for them?"

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    The only measure I might be in favor of is adding prescriptions of anti-psychotic medications to the background check. If you have to take medication to keep your schizophrenia at bay, you should not legally be able to purchase a firearm. Otherwise, we have enough laws on the books.

Top Bottom