Do you favor or oppose passing stricter gun control laws?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I think the gun laws for purchasing are good enough. A criminal will get a gun, one way or another. The one place I think there should be a bit more steps to get something is a carry permit. I think at least a one day class in safety and other things should be taken to get a carry permit.

These steps you seek should be "personal responsibility." We don't need more laws hindering our freedoms. We need common sense, a sense of responsibility, self sufficiency, individualism and the like to be the backbone of society. Please don't advocate for more laws. They tend to be well-intentioned, yet very rarely give us the desired effect.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The only measure I might be in favor of is adding prescriptions of anti-psychotic medications to the background check. If you have to take medication to keep your schizophrenia at bay, you should not legally be able to purchase a firearm. Otherwise, we have enough laws on the books.

Do you advocate your physician turning your private medical history over to the FBI for inclusion in a NICS check?

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    Do you favor or oppose me sleeping with your significant other. Same line in the sand. It's about Freedom and Morality. If you're a swinger with low moral fortitude, you wouldn't mind. If you're a dedicated person in your relationship, then you might shoot me. I don't think we need more control of God Given Rights. The Right to Protect Yourself, and the right to have the pursuit of happiness are inalienable. Have a nice day.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Whats your purpose for passing more laws? Is it for crime prevention? Bottom line (IMO), laws only apply to the law abiding, therefore more laws carry no clout with people who are going to break the law anyways. No need to make it harder on law abiding citizens to acquire protection for their person and home.

Training would help with some of the NDs and basic stupidity with guns as well as some of the issues with children and guns. Not that training should be legislated, mind you, but I see how folks think it should be.

Obviously more legislation wont help with criminals, but training could alleviate some issues.

Walt K.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    After talking with a bunch of mo's on here, I'm sure there is a fair amount of INGO'ers who are in favor of gun control as well... you know, for the children or it's "common sense."

Unfortunately, you are too right. They love the sound of freedom, but are frightened to death of it actually becoming reality.

I would be hard pressed to agree with you folks more.

Even in a forum like this, the defenders of Lady Liberty are few and far between.

Many demand Liberty.... then crap their pants when she arrives.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Q:"Do you think that your baby raping neighbor should have the machine guns that he bought at a gun show no question asked should have them taken away"

A:"Why the hell is a baby raping neighbor out of jail and alive? Were the babie's parent some of those folks that advocated for gun laws and shirked their individual responsibility for the protection of their family, themselves, and their property by waiting for the police to take care of that responsibility for them?"

Unfortunately, you usually don't get to re-frame the question back to the pollster.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It completely depends on how the question is framed.

Q:"Do you think you should have your hunting rifles taken away"-A:"No"
    Q:"Do you think that your baby raping neighbor should have the machine guns that he bought at a gun show no question asked should have them taken away"-A:"Yes"

No and no.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I think the gun laws for purchasing are good enough. A criminal will get a gun, one way or another. The one place I think there should be a bit more steps to get something is a carry permit. I think at least a one day class in safety and other things should be taken to get a carry permit.

The only gun law that should be on the books is "don't shoot anyone or anything, except in self defense, defense of another, or of the Constitution; while hunting, or practicing for one of the above."

All other gun laws should be stricken from the books....I can dream, can't I :dunno:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Just Beck trying to get people riled up. No other survey or poll has shown anything like that. Even this one is only for "religious" people. That leaves out a good segment of the population. The questions also look rigged, judging by the pie chart. "Stricter gun laws and enforcement" covers a lot of people. Many of whom might be in favour of one, but not the other. More Beck crap stirring. Not what we need in the real discussion.

Everybody's religious....some just don't realize they are, or what theirs is.

That notwithstanding, a point well taken.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I'm against any laws that restrict our constitutional rights. Most people who vote for such laws are just afraid and do not understand that guns are not evil. Guns are inanimate objects.

Top Bottom