indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    these 1 line posts...:rolleyes:

I personally would not drink water i think or know that is above 140 ppms

Drinking water from unknown sources is risky for your health, Water sources near, factories, farm fields, well's near road sides, parking lots, public water sources that deal with contaminated water by using extreme amounts of chlorine/chemical treatments.

Today's water is not your grand daddies spring anymore.
    These waters contain cysts, dangerous life threatening pathogens, bacteria that will literally destroy your insides, heavy metals, Chemicals and pesticides from run off etc.

Don't believe me google "risk of drinking bad water.

Drinking water above 440 ppm's should not be consumed by pregnant women and human infants under 6 months old. Also risky for human adults and young livestock. Probably acceptable for mature livestock if feed is low in nitrates.
    Any water above 440 ppm's is highly questionable and is considered NOT safe for human or animal consumption.

Again I personally wont drink any water above 140 ppm's, I test all my water sources,
    If im out in public i usually have my own drinking water,

RO
    Packaged distilled
    or spring

And one should definitely consider taking muli vitamins when drinking heavily purified drinking water 100%
    The body needs those nutrients that get filtered out of the treated water.
    14814.0.570.359.jpg

http://web.aces.uiuc.edu/vista/pdf_pubs/SAFEWTR.PDF

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It seems to be almost an insult to offer someone a glass of water from the faucet anymore. I can't remember the last time I've had water from a fountain or faucet. When people come to the house or my office, we have bottled water for them. I'm of the opinion that tap water is perfectly fine and that's about all bottled water is anyway. I guess it's just convenient in many ways to go with the bottled brands. So, do you drink water fro the faucet? If not, do you believe it's unsafe or the bottled water offers something better?

I have dual filters on my kitchen sink and another for the refrigerator. It does improve the taste. Makes better :coffee: as well.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    these 1 line posts...:rolleyes:

I personally would not drink water i think or know that is above 140 ppms

Drinking water from unknown sources is risky for your health, Water sources near, factories, farm fields, well's near road sides, parking lots, public water sources that deal with contaminated water by using extreme amounts of chlorine/chemical treatments.

Today's water is not your grand daddies spring anymore.
    These waters contain cysts, dangerous life threatening pathogens, bacteria that will literally destroy your insides, heavy metals, Chemicals and pesticides from run off etc.

Don't believe me google "risk of drinking bad water.

Drinking water above 440 ppm's should not be consumed by pregnant women and human infants under 6 months old. Also risky for human adults and young livestock. Probably acceptable for mature livestock if feed is low in nitrates.
    Any water above 440 ppm's is highly questionable and is considered NOT safe for human or animal consumption.

Again I personally wont drink any water above 140 ppm's, I test all my water sources,
    If im out in public i usually have my own drinking water,

RO
    Packaged distilled
    or spring

And one should definitely consider taking muli vitamins when drinking heavily purified drinking water 100%
    The body needs those nutrients that get filtered out of the treated water.
    The-waterboy-adam-sandler-19487983-536-303.jpg

http://web.aces.uiuc.edu/vista/pdf_pubs/SAFEWTR.PDF

140 ppms of what?

440 ppms of what?

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    PPm's/TDS are the measurement of solids/salts in your water?

A way to test how "pure" it is

Jeeez Indy Guy was that cut and paste necessary? You lost in the woods?
    Tune up your Google fu.

Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) or (PPM's) are the total amount of mobile charged ions, including minerals, salts or metals dissolved in a given volume of water, expressed in units of mg per unit volume of water (mg/L), also referred to as parts per million (ppm). TDS is directly related to the purity of water and the quality of water purification systems and affects everything that consumes, lives in, or uses water, whether organic or inorganic, whether for better or for worse.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    PPm's/TDS are the measurement of solids/salts in your water?

A way to test how "pure" it is

Jeeez man was the cut and paste necessary? You lost in the woods?
    Tune up your Google fu.

Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) or (PPM's) are the total amount of mobile charged ions, including minerals, salts or metals dissolved in a given volume of water, expressed in units of mg per unit volume of water (mg/L), also referred to as parts per million (ppm). TDS is directly related to the purity of water and the quality of water purification systems and affects everything that consumes, lives in, or uses water, whether organic or inorganic, whether for better or for worse.

In your post, you merely mentioned PPMs. Parts Per Million.
    You never mentioned solids.
    That's why he asked.
    It could have been PPMs Arsenic, Dye, etc.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I use city water for my coffee if I am using a French Press. Bottled if I am using my coffee maker because the water is hard and bottled water does not muck it up. I drink bottled water, mainly for the taste. If I had well water (deep well), I would drink that.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Usually in reference to analyzing water and water purity standards, ppm is listed for specific things, not just....things.

Correct.

I wasn't going for "total".

The body can easily handle up to certain levels of "stuff". LEL's, if you will. Lower Exposure Limits.

We all know that arsenic isn't something that we want to consume large amounts of.

But below certain levels, it hasn't shown any adverse health issues (at least nothing that denotes As as being the smoking gun)

But yes, I was wanting to know "ppms of WHAT, exactly" are you talking about.

Pardon me for being a scientist who works with ppms and ppbs all day.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Correct.

I wasn't going for "total".

The body can easily handle up to certain levels of "stuff". LEL's, if you will. Lower Exposure Limits.

We all know that arsenic isn't something that we want to consume large amounts of.

But below certain levels, it hasn't shown any adverse health issues (at least nothing that denotes As as being the smoking gun)

But yes, I was wanting to know "ppms of WHAT, exactly" are you talking about.

Pardon me for being a scientist who works with ppms and ppbs all day.

It happens when people who have just enough knowledge to be dangerous start throwing around terms they think will impress others.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    When I was growing up, the tap water had fluoride infused into it. I was told that companies remove the fluoride in their process and I sometimes wonder what else they add? Some companies have recently admitted to putting arsenic in apple juice, so I wouldn't put it past them to do the same thing with water for some reason.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    When Im using a unit to measure PPM/TDS in water

I am looking for what ever micro "------" substances, solids, particles of whatever are in a small measurement of pure water.
    either parts per billion or per million

It doesn't mean im looking for particulars,chlorine, arsenic, etc.

PPM is the collective measurement of "SOLIDS" within a sample of water in parts per million, or PPB parts per billion.
    My $$$ meter only gives the measurement of total PPMs/ TDS and the electrical conductivity readings, In a givin sample.
    It can't read whats in the specifics like a detailed lab result.

Indy your a "scientist" here am i wrong in going about testing the purity, etc of my water?

Ive been using this meter in my line of work for years.
    What unit in your line of work are you using to test PPm/ TDS/ SAL /EC ???

here RO water look at "ppm's" LOW i would drink this.
    see the PPM's reading 20
    IMAG1396_zps46d2ea71.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Here PPM high considered very substandard drinking water because of the amount of collective elements amoung the water itself.
    out of my well, I dont drink this.

IMAG1395_zps5cd33113.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    When Im using a unit to measure PPM/TDS in water

I am looking for what ever micro "------" substances, solids, particles of whatever are in a small measurement of pure water.
    either parts per billion or per million

It doesn't mean im looking for particulars,chlorine, arsenic, etc.

PPM is the collective measurement of "SOLIDS" within a sample of water in parts per million, or PPB parts per billion.
    My $$$ meter only gives the measurement of total PPMs/ TDS and the electrical conductivity readings, In a givin sample.
    It can't read whats in the specifics like a detailed lab result.

Indy your a "scientist" here am i wrong in going about testing the purity, etc of my water?

Ive been using this meter in my line of work for years.
    What unit in your line of work are you using to test PPm/ TDS/ SAL /EC ???

here RO water look at "ppm's" LOW i would drink this.
    see the PPM's reading 20/IM

Here PPM high considered very substandard drinking water because of the amount of collective elements amoung the water itself.
    out of my well, I dont drink this.[/IMG]

You really need to identify WHAT you're counting though.

Perfectly safe drinking water could very well have a total number of dissolved solids well in excess of your stated limits.

The part that matters, is WHAT is dissolved in the water.

ETA: example: I make kool-aid. Now the dissolved solids in water is well in excess of your stated limits. Is this no longer safe to drink?

Top Bottom