• ...and so much more!
  • Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    Last year I got a tattoo on my shoulder that reads, "Only God Can Judge Me"

I like to say my tattoo is a polite way of saying "I don't give a **** what people think about me. When I die, God is the only one whose judgment of the way I live my life that I will value.

But yeah, I don't lose sleep over someone not liking me, things I do, say and whatnot.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Eh, depends on the person If it's someone that I respect or, has the potential to influence my life, I will care. I won't worry over it, try to change it, or care why. I just won't like it. Other than that, I don't really care.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Everyone wants to either be:
    Liked,
    Loved,
    Respected,
    Accepted or
    Feared.

A person would even rather be hated than the alternatives:
    Unnoticed
    Ignored.

This is played out time and time again on these very pages.

trillobite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Muncie
    If people dislike me, they haven't said it to me. :dunno:
    Not too worried about it. I'm sure there's a lot of people I've pissed off. A lot that thank God I've been around, also. So, pretty much, I guess I rank above a lawyer, and below a EMT. Somewhere.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Care? Maybe a little. Will it change how I am or what I do? Not likely. Will I lose sleep over it? Hasen't happened yet. I sleep pretty good and know for a fact there are several people who don't like me.:D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Attempting_to_give_a_damn____by_fallschirm_jaeger.gif

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    To care what people think of you is (usually) a normal human feeling. To like or dislike others, is of course another normal feeling we can have. Even to hate and loathe someone can be a normal emotion but to do this you still are displaying feelings about that person to actually hate them. Hate is still a feeling itself. :xmad:

Apathy is the lowest you can get with someone because it is the true "Lack-Of" or "Absence" of Emotion and Feeling of any kind. (and my favorite) Its also borderline dangerous to use. Morally speaking.(and I don't mean mushrooms)

Just remember, use Apathy if you really want to go beyond hate with someone and just completely forget their existence altogether. (can you tell I was married once?)

So if I seem to ignore some of you here at INGO, now you know why. :n00b:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    A person would even rather be hated than the alternatives:
    Unnoticed
    Ignored.

This is played out time and time again on these very pages.

And that's where the internet troll was born.

I can only think of one person in my lifetime that would rather be hated than unnoticed. His name was John Brady.

I went to school with him every day from 7th grade until 12th grade. I remember being nice to him and trying to have a conversation with him on several occasions and his usual response was, "**** you ass hole."

To this day I'm still astonished that he never killed himself.

whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    The last day of my high school i got voted most friendly, that was 36 years ago. I learned how to move around different types of people long ago. Helped me get through life without many scars. What i have come to accept is that the human race is worse than a pack of wild dogs not only to others but to themselves. I don't go looking for friends.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I quit worrying about what people thought of me in my early H.S. days. It was just not worth the anguish I'd put myself through.

Since then I've found that there are only maybe 6 people who I respect and take their thoughts of me into consideration, the others who say things behind my back or make off handed comments about me can go pound sand, I don't waste a single heartbeat or breath of air thinking about that childish BS.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Only a few people in this world that their opinion of me matters. The list is dynamic but the core group won't change. I personally feel that before I give a rat sass about a persons opinion of me, I must first have a good opinion of them. Wierd, no?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Hmm... I have a family that loves me, my wife loves me, I have a successful career, management loves me, my co-workers love me, but there is a group of really immature guys I work with that give me a hard time...

I really don't let it grind on me that much, but it does get aggravating sometimes when they pile on and make a mockery of me, sometimes I think they may hate me, but I don't let it bother me. It's likely that they're just jealous of the position I'm in and they're trying to make me crack... I won't give them that satisfaction because I really don't give a **** what they think of me, the only people that matter in my life think highly of me so no skin off my back if somebody dislikes me.

Top Bottom