• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I was front of store, but I tried my best to keep up with the pharmacy and what they were up to. So many pharmacists I worked with felt like they were the red headed step children of the building, so I tried to keep up a relationship. Saved my ass more times than I care to count, and glad I don't deal with it anymore.

Us nerds in the pharmacy always appreciate pleasant front store interaction. I've gotta say, though, if there was only 1 misfill in 8 years, the pharmacists at those stores must've been robots! That's impressive.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Really don't want to post what they are.... Not that I'm embarrassed just that big brother watches social media and I keep that life and personal life seperate... And there are some people on here that I work with.

The names are completely different but the pills look nearly the same.

Not making excuses, but no matter how different the names might look to you, stock bottles can often look absolutely identical. Could be the root of the issue, might not be.

Example:
    sound-alike-look-alike.jpg

And these two are far from the worst offenders.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    From what I can tell it was a lack of asking questions and assumptions that led to the issue, they put the script stickers on both bottles themselves

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    From what I can tell it was a lack of asking questions and assumptions that led to the issue, they put the script stickers on both bottles themselves

So then they filled medications that were actually prescribed to you? Sorry... I think I misunderstood the issue originally.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    All the drugs I get from the ObamaPharm come from a Mexican website run by Russians named Peggy....funny thing, all the pills look a lot like M&M'w....but hey man I only pay $5 a script!! Obamy Care works for me!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    So then they filled medications that were actually prescribed to you? Sorry... I think I misunderstood the issue originally.

I had two scripts, instead of giving me one of each they gave me 2 of 1.

to clarify one script was 150mg.... Newer script was 300. The 150 looks a whole lot like the other meds I was supposed to get that I dident.... So from my end one looked the same other was close and had a sticker saying it may look different. Pharmacy instead of trying to clarify just refilled the two scripts for the same med.... They did say the important drug is in their system from the original fill so short they still have that valid script.

left a voice mail with the doc... Im sure he will be thrilled.

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I had two scripts, instead of giving me one of each they gave me 2 of 1.
    So basically they misfilled something, and did not put a wrong med or mislabled something. I see no foul.

I thought you were given carbamaziprine vs oxcarbazeprine
    (tegetrol)

Big brother already knows the meds you are on especially if you use insurance.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Us nerds in the pharmacy always appreciate pleasant front store interaction. I've gotta say, though, if there was only 1 misfill in 8 years, the pharmacists at those stores must've been robots! That's impressive.

Well, I was in 6 different stores across 8 years, so there may be more, but it's all that I've ever personally had to deal with. I've had to deal with way more outside of the pharmacy in that 8 years. Towards the end I could fill out an accident report in my sleep...

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I went to the one in West Lafayette after getting a tooth pulled. I went in to get meds, and it took over an hour. I spent that time walking around the store, and went up three times to check to see it they were done. All the walking around did not do me any good, because I ended up using the Walmart bag for a bib, because I started bleeding for about ten minutes. I think from all the walking and being aggravated. Even called the dentist about it, and he said it would stop and sometimes happens, but I was not a happy camper!!

Doing well now, but will not go back!!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've had my Rxs filled at Walmart for years now.

Not gonna stop.

My particular mix of things is less expensive there than anywhere else - despite my HDHP.

However - when I do visit the minute-clinic at my local CVS, I'll generally have the Rx filled there - because I'm already there.

One of the Pharm folks at my local store is...quite....ummm....pretty.

-J-

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    General advice for anyone picking up prescriptions from ANY pharmacy: ALWAYS ask for a consult with the pharmacist, even if you don't have any questions. It will take no more than a couple minutes and is an easy way to prevent things like this from happening.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I do get a consultation when I first start a med, this time we did not because I allready had one.... My point from the beginning is that alarm bells should have been going off in their heads when there were two scripts on file and the filled two of the same drug... Keep in mind again the last time I only wanted one of them and they gave me that but also then also have me cough syrup with it.....

when people can't get simple orders right it makes me wonder how much attention they are paying to what pills they are putting in the bottle.... It's probably the air head techs fault...

little le things turn into big things.... Seems my body is not liking being off the one med today.... Gonna be a long day.

wife also pointed out that at other wallmart a before they staple the bags the pharmacist opens the bottles to show you the pills and if they have changed shape or something. This one the tech puts the bottles in the bag, staples it and hands it to you.... Said it's like a safe guard because if the customer forgets to look at the names on the bottles when the pharmacist reads the names it will click in your head that they have you the wrong one. Only reason I caught the caugh med was because it was in a huge bottle

Last edited:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Short update, talked to the district manager a week later (was supposed to call me with in a few days) then talked to the pharmacy manager for a good 20 minutes. She agreed that it could have ended badly for me and that there were things that she needs to address with her staff. Told me she wants to refund my co pay of 10 bucks and take the meds back and asked what she could do to make it right and wanted to give me a gift card. I said this all went well beyond a $25 gift card a long time ago , she agreed and I said tell you what give me a few expensive gift cards and talk to the staff like you said and that will be the end of it..... She said no problem.

After work I stop by and give her the meds (was never handed cash or asked for the debit card that was used to pay for it) and told that the gift cards (plural) were not activating and she sent someone to the front to activate, after a bit she walks back over to me and hands me a $35 gift card and told me to call her with any future problems.....

Soooo when someone agrees that is has gone well beyond a $25 card then that means to just add $10 to it? After the lost money on the meds we are back to the $25. Granted I was not expecting to get $1000 but figured maybe they would give me $200 in cards or something.... And I would have been on merry way.... $35 does not say we are sorry.... $35 is when the cashier snaps and cusses you out and the manger walks up to talk to you.... $35 is not hey were sorry you were out the 10 for the wrong meds and that we gave you the wrong perception that you wanted filled and that we know based on your meds it could have put you in the hospital and we are sorry to see that people did not call back or took a while and that you had to make multiple trips... Not to mention when we filled a script for someone's cough medicine and put your name and I do on the label.....

I emailed corporate last Friday.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    *small note - they may not have needed your card back in order to issue a refund.

They know who you are and could've looked up the transaction in the "system" and refunded it completely electronically.

-J-

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I cant stand the fact that the last 3 times I have tried to use them, I'm always arriving within 15 minutes of them closing up shop entirely for lunch. (usually right after the gate drops)

And the last time I ACTUALLY used them they screwed up and I didnt notice until I started to walk away. I was told "you shouldnt have turned down our offer for a pharmacist consult" (it was a refill for a longstanding scrip, not a new med) and then "Sorry, once it is paid for and handed to you, we cant take it back." And I hadnt even left the dept yet! I went to drop my receipt in the bag as I walked away and noticed it didnt look right. Ultimately after putting up a fight, the pharmacist reluctantly refunded my money all the while reminding me many times that he was going to have to eat it since he couldnt re-dispense it.

I have officially given up on them.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Sorry if this is going to offend any folks on this site. But I RARELY go to Wal Mart for anything. My youngest sons buddy went there for new tires last weekend. Three hours later he drove out. Went there for an oil change about a year ago, 1 1/2 hour for an oil change. For tires I go to Discount Tire, in and out within 45 minutes. Oil change I go to the local shop that has a quick lube, in and out in 30 minutes.

Top Bottom