• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Just moved all of my scripts back to Walmart in Newburgh. I've had trouble there before, but CVS just pissed me off to no end.

Bottom line - ALWAYS watch what they are giving you and if you are at all unsure, RESEARCH it on the Web or have someone do that for you.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We got a med filled for our daughter once there, back when we used WM Rx exclusively. It is fortunate that I know meds, because instead of the antibiotic she was supposed to get, she got an anticonvulsant (anti-seizure med) Well, that and the time she was supposed to get an epi-pen jr. and got an adult epi-pen instead.

We made clear that we were displeased with the Rx handling of her meds, and have not been back.

Also, for those taking Lipitor, just a note that Meijer dispenses a 30-day (generic) supply (with prescription, of course) without charge. I am not affiliated with Meijer, except as a customer.

Blessings,
    Bill

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just moved all of my scripts back to Walmart in Newburgh. I've had trouble there before, but CVS just pissed me off to no end.

Bottom line - ALWAYS watch what they are giving you and if you are at all unsure, RESEARCH it on the Web or have someone do that for you.

The wallmart in question is the one next to Home Depot on Burkhardt just off Lloyd. If your talking about Newburgh just east of evansville.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    *small note - they may not have needed your card back in order to issue a refund.

They know who you are and could've looked up the transaction in the "system" and refunded it completely electronically.

-J-

I kind of doubt it, we are talking Walmart here.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I've had my Rxs filled at Walmart for years now.

Not gonna stop.

My particular mix of things is less expensive there than anywhere else - despite my HDHP.

However - when I do visit the minute-clinic at my local CVS, I'll generally have the Rx filled there - because I'm already there.

One of the Pharm folks at my local store is...quite....ummm....pretty.

-J-

Just curious as to which store you are referring?

Use caution here, this is a loaded question.....:):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We got a med filled for our daughter once there, back when we used WM Rx exclusively. It is fortunate that I know meds, because instead of the antibiotic she was supposed to get, she got an anticonvulsant (anti-seizure med) Well, that and the time she was supposed to get an epi-pen jr. and got an adult epi-pen instead.

We made clear that we were displeased with the Rx handling of her meds, and have not been back.

Also, for those taking Lipitor, just a note that Meijer dispenses a 30-day (generic) supply (with prescription, of course) without charge. I am not affiliated with Meijer, except as a customer.

Blessings,
    Bill

And dont forget free generic antibiotics! We use them instead of Walmart. They are kinda annoying sometimes, but less so than everyone else.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Called wallmart and they said the ticket was sent to district level and regional but was still open, told her all that has happend since I put it in and she said obviously this issue has not been resolved, said there was no reason to send another email to the district because obviously she did not handle it so she said she will escalate it to regional... Get a call a few minutes later and it's the district manager who is less than pleased because I did not give her enough time to call me back.

she tells me she will give me a $65 gift card but I would need to sign a release form and go back to the store. Said that since no real harm was done and there were no medical bills that is she submits a claim that she doubts they would approve much. Told her that I was done with the hassles and did not want to go back to the store when I'm going home in the morning, she offerd to just mail it to me and I said that's fine.... So we shall see how long it takes them to mail it if they ever do.

i work for a big company and if someone just gets irritated we had out $50 like its candy......

really disappointed in wallmart lower and mid level management additudes.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    ^maybe you'd have more luck if you called Walmart instead of this wallmart you speak of.

Me calling and emailing wallmart is what resulted in me getting phone calls.

More irritated that I specifically said I did not want to talk to anyonr bellow the regional level and yet director also gets the email and then calls me.....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    From talking to the district manager if the customer catches the mistake before it is sold then it is not a big deal..... Pretty much said "it happens and as long as it is not sold the all well".

I wonder if whatever regulatory body handles this type of thing has a similar view on this situation.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wonder if whatever regulatory body handles this type of thing has a similar view on this situation.

I bet they only have to report improperly dispensed meds. If it wasn't dispensed, there wasn't a reportable error.

Humans run pharmacies and there will always be mistakes. The user should confirm the label with the script and ensure the pill looks like the description on the bottle.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    If patients continue to treat community pharmacies as any other retail service rather than a medical establishment, then that is the type of service they will continue to receive. :twocents:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm curious if the regional manager has the same view..... We shall see.

It is the additude of I could care less because no harm was done that has me irritated.....

Top Bottom