• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Some of you medical professionals I'm sure will love this.

I am on two meds one of witch if I suddenly stop taking it can cause severe seizures...

wallmart in Indy gets everything right, been down in evansville for..... A while.... And had to get refils.... Walk in and they give me the one med and in place of the seizure med try and give me caugh medicine... I tell them they messed up and the tech and the pharmacist both had the most clueless look on their face. This was after doc called in another Rx with more Mg.

fast forward a few days ago and the wife goes in and tells them she needs to refill both of the Rx's.... She brings to bottles, one pill looks the same other is very close and has one of those stickers saying it's the same med just may appear different so I think nothing of it. Flash forward a few days to today and I get my meds bumped up again and was talking to my mother who is a medical professional and things were not sounding right and she sends me a pic of what the pill should look like (she is on the same meds). Come to find out the recipes the same Rx twice and gave them to my wife... Even though one is newer and a higher mg then the other.

Soooooo I have been taking way to much of one med and not taking the one that can kill me. Yes you are supposed to look at the med names.... I allways thought the pharmacist looked everything over first.... Not to mention pills look the same to me... Regardless it should have been caught.

I left a messege for the store manager insisting that he call me ASAP.... Plan on going in there with the bottles and receipts and having a face to face with him and the pharmacy manager.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I beg you not to take it up with the store manager. It simply isn't his responsibility and nothing will change, he'll just try to appease you. Speak with the pharmacist in charge and ask who their DIRECT supervisor is if you wanna take it higher up the chain.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the meds in question? If you don't wanna share I understand.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    They are meds that medical mall practice lawyers have a field day with....

If he calls I was going to briefly tell him what happened and who I need to speak with. Been told that I should probably get a lawyer if phone calls don't amount to anything.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    They are meds that medical mall practice lawyers have a field day with....

With all due respect, that's all of them.

I hope you get the resolution you're looking for, but more importantly I hope the pharmacist learns from the mistake and any necessary changes are made at Walmart. From what I hear, their pharmacy system could use some updating.

I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any serious health issues as a result.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    With all due respect, that's all of them.

I hope you get the resolution you're looking for, but more importantly I hope the pharmacist learns from the mistake and any necessary changes are made at Walmart. From what I hear, their pharmacy system could use some updating.

I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any serious health issues as a result.

good point, thankfully my body can put up with quite a bit... Has saved me more then once.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Anytime I get a pill that looks different I look it up on a pill identifier site. It does happen sometimes with different brand medications. Luckily I have never had them give the wrong med, I have had them, cvs, fill medicines before that are not supposed to be taken together. Glad you are ok. Hopefully you can get in touch with who you need and straighten them out before they kill somebody.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I work in a physicians office and Wal mart Pharmacy is by far the worst place to deal with. Usually the best pharmacies to deal with are small, independent places.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    DO NOT GO TO WALLMART [STRIKE]PHARMACY[/STRIKE]

Problem solved. And in addition to talking to the pharmacy managers supervisor, let them all know you will be reporting the misfills to the state on your own. Contact the State Board of Pharmacy through the website (PLA: INDIANA BOARD OF PHARMACY). From 8 years in the grocery management business, misfills are serious business. With the available steps in the process, they shouldn't happen. At Kroger, the fills are checked I think 4 times during the fill process, with random script audits. In 8 years across something like 6 stores, I had 1 (one) misfill, and we caught it before the customer the same day.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Problem solved. And in addition to talking to the pharmacy managers supervisor, let them all know you will be reporting the misfills to the state on your own. Contact the State Board of Pharmacy through the website (PLA: INDIANA BOARD OF PHARMACY). From 8 years in the grocery management business, misfills are serious business. With the available steps in the process, they shouldn't happen. At Kroger, the fills are checked I think 4 times during the fill process, with random script audits. In 8 years across something like 6 stores, I had 1 (one) misfill, and we caught it before the customer the same day.

Are you in pharmacy or front store?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Im rather glad it's at least the right pills in the bottles as in they did not put some extreme addictive pain killer in it or something.

they should have seen there were two meds in the system for me and two scripts for one, one was a lot newer then the other and a higher dose... When they saw that they filled both of the same med you would think alarm bells would be going off and would ask questions... Like I said last time they tried to give me cough medicine so there is something not right.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Our doctor's office that prescribes my husband's pills didn't even have the dosages right in their records of what he has been taking. I called for refills the other day and had to remind them that he cannot tolerate the generic of the Lipitor as it gave him horrible side effects. The name brand works well for him without the suicidality and depression that he had with the Atorvastatin. She rattled off his scripts and had him down for 10 mg. I told her the bottle we have says 20 mg and the nurse just changed it in their records without questioning it. It isn't the first time I have had to tell them what he takes, and they are the ones prescribing the meds. They also had in their records that he was still taking another statin medication even though he was only on it for a very brief trial period when we had to trial other meds before doing the appeal with his insurance to get the name brand paid for due to inability to tolerate others or have good benefit from them.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Are you in pharmacy or front store?

I was front of store, but I tried my best to keep up with the pharmacy and what they were up to. So many pharmacists I worked with felt like they were the red headed step children of the building, so I tried to keep up a relationship. Saved my ass more times than I care to count, and glad I don't deal with it anymore.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    What meds? I'd like to know if it's a look alike/sound alike or what.

Really don't want to post what they are.... Not that I'm embarrassed just that big brother watches social media and I keep that life and personal life seperate... And there are some people on here that I work with.

The names are completely different but the pills look nearly the same.

Top Bottom