• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some departments have a policy that their officers not OC, that they CC if they carry at all. Some departments have a requirement that off-duty officers must carry a sidearm, whether OC or CC. Some combine both those rules requiring off-duty officers to CC. Some departments have no policy regarding off-duty carry whatsoever.

It's like Sociology. The grandest statement it can make on any subject is "Some do. Some don't."

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I know a couple cops who OC. One guy I know, who's new to the job, OC with his badge right next to his gun so people can ID him right away and not panic. That's what he said.

Some do, some don't and some do it sometimes

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    :ugh: and :bs:

OMG all those cops in uniform have no fighting chance!:runaway:

Cops in uniform that are on duty are not the same as a off duty Officer. They are all keenly aware that there is always at least one gun present in any incident.

Tactics is the key word.

I personally have fought off a dis-arming attack. have you?

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Per SOP's we are required to CC as well.... I do OC when heading to the range and I display my badge on the belt so I don't draw extra attention or cause panic. When I was a "rookie" I OC'd once while turning in some paperwork when off duty. After leaving station, I received a page to return and meet with the police chief! I was squared away so to speak :)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I CC if I'm off-duty. If I'm in plainclothes but headed to court or training I OC. I don't believe there is a policy dictating whether we CC/OC, and we aren't required to be armed unless we are driving a police vehicle.

Top Bottom