• ...and so much more!
  • dchiu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Glock

The first time I saw and shot a Glock I knew it was the first firearm that I was going to have to own. The first firearms that I've ever shot are sig sauer and glock, both held and looked amazing. I personally have a G36, and it suits me perfectly! I have yet to have any complaints about my Glock.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Glocks are the worst guns ever. They suck so much I carry one everyday and put my life on it. Only malfunction I've ever had with it was with really cheap ammo and it was during the break in period. That is it. Light, accurate, fun to shoot, easy to tear down and clean, and it eats ammo like a fat kid in a cake eating contest. So yes, they suck very, very much.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I think you answered your own question before you even asked it. You bought it, didn't you?

And as others pointed out: hundreds to thousands of police departments and even government agencies use Glock. I don't prefer them, but have and would again trust my life with a Glock.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    no

they are excellent...just traded a ruger 1911 for a glock 23 plust cash and didnt look back....
    I have been browsing internet forums and it seems that I have come across more Glock haters than Glock lovers. I just purchased a used gen 2 Glock 17. I have shot it and it is really fun to shoot. It has not exploded on me yet. :D
    My question is are Glocks poor pistols?

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    They get the job done, although I personally choose to view them as a weekend plinker rather than a trust-your-life-on firearm. It really just comes down to what you feel confident shooting.

evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana
    I made fun of them for years, simply reminded me of a chilhood cap gun. Several months ago I had a chance to buy a brand new 30SF at a bargain basement price. I have NO regrets. it's durable, accurate and rugged. shoots a little different then what I was used to, but different isn't always bad. That's the unabridged answer of no, they don't suck.
    :twocents:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Yeah they suck so bad that millions of people own them in the usa. And that their sales on america are something crazy 60% of all handgun sales..

Definitely a crap gun!

So please email me you address so i can safely dispose of such a piece of crap before someone gets hurt.

I suggest dont be so caviler with your next gun purchase.. and buy yourself a real gun.. hi point secomd generation :)

Seaweed02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Straight shooters

I hate the way they feel in my hand. The grips just aren't for me, but you can't miss with a Glock. They are straight shooters. I don't have one because they aren't comfortable to me. But my nephew has one and when we go shooting I have to say that I love the accuracy I get with it.

Carl.

zclevenger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Rochester
    Glocks are good guns, whether you like them or hate them. I personal hate them because of the grip. its too square for me and doesnt fit well in my hand, I prefer my M&P fits very nicely in my hand and is a quality gun

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That's my bigest gripe about the Glock, is the grip. It does not point naturaly for me. No mater how good a gun is overall, if it does not fit me. Then to me it's worthless. That goes for any gun on the market. Besides, I prefer hammer fired pistols.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I love my 1911 and J-frames. I had never really given glocks much thought until about 2 months ago when within a week I found myself the owner of a 23 and a 27. To be honest with you I had never even held one in my hands!! I sold the 27 to a glock fanatic and we met at MCFG to shoot them. I kept the 23(G3) and to be honest I liked how it felt and it shot really nice + it had a big ol' "spot light" hanging from the front. Now I'm not a glock lover or do I rant over how they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but my trusted Model 39-2 now gets a deserved rest in the safe while the glock sits in the nightstand. :twocents::dunno:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Yes..............please next time ask a hard question.

or use..........
    IngoSearch.jpg

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana

I used to be a Glock hater.

I remember when they first came out and said who would ever buy a plasticgun. Over the years I would pick one up from time to time in a gun shop and sayto myself, this thing is ugly, it doesn't fit my hand, the grip angle is notright, I hate the finger groves, I don't like the trigger, I don't like strikerfired pistols,...

When the Gen 4 came out I went to the gun shop to buy one just to see whatthe hype was all about, came home with an M&P instead. This was still a bigjump for me having carried 1911's ever since Uncle Sam issued me one years ago.Finally a few months later I broke down and purchased a G23. Since then I havepurchased 3 more Glocks! It took a bit to get used to the trigger but it made abeliever out of me.

I still love my 1911's but you will find me carrying a Glock 90% of the timenow because they are just so durable. Dirt, dust, scrapes, and the daily wareand tare just doesn't affect them. After a while even the ugly part seems togrow on you.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I never liked them in the past due to the large grip. Since the Gen4 came out I have 2 now.
    Maybe more on the way.
    I like the utility nature of it most of all, I have better things to do than oil my gun every day.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I heard a great story this weekend about a training class...forgive me if I don't get it 100% correct but it goes something like this.

First day of class the instructor said "Ok everyone unholster and throw your weapons on the ground" (all cleared of course) There were two ppl with very nice 1911's and a couple of ppl with Glocks, the Glock owners tossed them on the ground with no hesitation. The 1911 guys had to have it explained that you need to know how to pick your fire arm up from any situation, and that it's a tool. If you can get over that hurdle then we are not going to have a very good class.

I'd have no problem tossing mine, picking it up, loading and shooting!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My experience is that Glock fanatics are like Apple fanatics. Both see their product as better than any other, and refuse to consider other manufacturers. Like Apple, there are plenty of haters, just because they are popular. I disagree in that I think there are a lot of folks who will shoot anything that feels right to them, regardless of manufacturer.

I hear this crap more from Glock haters than Glock fanboys. It's like you can't stand the fact that people like their guns... It's almost funny how many of you will go out of your way to post something negative in a Glock thread, but Glockers won't go out of their way to do the same.

Top Bottom