• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I dont have much experiene with glocks,I've only shot two or three.Pretty nice guns but just dont like the way they fit my hand.Got to be good or they wouldnt be so popular with police departments everywhere.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    I think they are probably fine weapons. Very reliable and good weapon to trust your life to.
    However they are to me as about as attractive as a hi-point. Silly reason to base a handgun purchase I admit, but there it is.
    I feel that I can be just as well protected by a more eye pleasing firearm.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I have an Springfield XD. I chose it because I personally liked having the extra safety on the grip. The other reason is that it has an indicator to tell you that there is a round in the chamber. That said, I fired a Glock recently. I don't know if it was a Gen 3 or 4--I don't much about them. It was the same caliber--.40 I noticed the recoil was not as bad as the XD and I liked the sights better. I was able to to put a round right in the middle of a bullseye at 35 ft. So I can understand why people like them. The Glock does not have a chambered round indicator, though, and I am a little concerned about not having the extra safety feature. Other than that, I was very impressed with the Glock!
    Even my step son who hates Glocks was impressed!

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I think they are probably fine weapons. Very reliable and good weapon to trust your life to.
    However they are to me as about as attractive as a hi-point. Silly reason to base a handgun purchase I admit, but there it is.
    I feel that I can be just as well protected by a more eye pleasing firearm.
    ^^ This^^

On the other hand, if you feel comfortable with a gun who cares what it looks like. No BG is going to thank you for being shot with a pretty gun!!! Use what feels best to you and what you can comfortably use!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have been browsing internet forums and it seems that I have come across more Glock haters than Glock lovers.

Head over to Glocktalk. That will bring balance back to the force for you ;)

I was think of adding a frame mounted safety to my glock

That's just wrong. Clearly I need to take that Glock off your hands, because you just should not do that.

"Lame INGO Thread of the Year" Award winner. ;)

And it's not even in the Handguns forum. :rolleyes:

Agreed

I have an Springfield XD. I chose it because I personally liked having the extra safety on the grip. The other reason is that it has an indicator to tell you that there is a round in the chamber. That said, I fired a Glock recently. I don't know if it was a Gen 3 or 4--I don't much about them. It was the same caliber--.40 I noticed the recoil was not as bad as the XD and I liked the sights better.

The Glock likely sits lower in your hand than the XD, and therefore there is less muzzle flip, as the bore axis is more in line with your arm.

Also, since I consider all guns loaded, I don't have need of a loaded chamber indicator ;)

OP, the answer to the subject line of your post is No. Some may not like them, but the certainly do not suck.

Last edited:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I had a G19 and could never shoot it well, I have other 9mm handguns that I can shoot fine. I bought a G26 a while back and really like it, and can shoot it well and accurately. I think I am going to get another G19 and give it another try.

Dave

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Law enforcement carrying a weapon has nothing to do with anything but cost. Just sayin. Oh and im a glock guy.

lol....if that was the truth they would be carrying some pakistan built gun or the like.
    I cant believe police stations only buy the weapons they use merely because they are cheap.

They do stake their lives on the reliability of their weapons.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Ill take all of your crappy glocks off your hands at a heavily discounted price. Just say when. :)

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    You can't go wrong with a Glock! I've had mine since '01, only one failure ever, and I induced it. They're not picky about ammo. Put some night sights, an extended slide release, and a plug in the grip; you'll be good to go.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom