• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    lol....if that was the truth they would be carrying some pakistan built gun or the like.
    I cant believe police stations only buy the weapons they use merely because they are cheap.

They do stake their lives on the reliability of their weapons.

What happens is........police departments form committees....committees decide spec's...specs go out to all manufactures that make the type of gun that meets spec....lowest bidder is awarded contract. A pakistan manufacturer more than likely couldnt meet spec or fullfill quota in the set time limit for delivery. And you said trust there life with it. Dont governmental agency's write the checks that are paid to said bid winner? Last I checked no govt cares about any life, only the dollars living people provide.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    I have an Springfield XD. I chose it because I personally liked having the extra safety on the grip. The other reason is that it has an indicator to tell you that there is a round in the chamber. That said, I fired a Glock recently. I don't know if it was a Gen 3 or 4--I don't much about them. It was the same caliber--.40 I noticed the recoil was not as bad as the XD and I liked the sights better. I was able to to put a round right in the middle of a bullseye at 35 ft. So I can understand why people like them. The Glock does not have a chambered round indicator, though, and I am a little concerned about not having the extra safety feature. Other than that, I was very impressed with the Glock!
    Even my step son who hates Glocks was impressed!

Glocks have loaded chamber indicators. If the trigger is in the locked back position, it isn't loaded. If the trigger is in the forward position, there is a round in the chamber, even if there isn't... but seriously, the extractor serves as a loaded chamber indicator at least in the 3rd and 4th gen models.

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    Some people hate Glocks because of the grips, and such. Some people just dont like the looks. And some people hate them based on the performance of some early Generation Glocks... I own 2 Glock's, and two of my good friends own 1 a piece. And they have never once malfunctioned. Aside from a single round exploding out the sides in a Glock-19, which I think was due to old ammunition or possibly the round packed too far into the casing. But either way... I've seen about 4,000 rounds through all of these Glock's, and never seen a single malfunction.

Glocks are amazing in my opinion. And really sexy looking too. Simplicity.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've seen Glocks get run over by trucks, frozen, then shot, dropped in mud and fired underwater. The first gun to base the grip on how the form of the human hand when they grip something. Simple to take down, clean and put back and ultra reliable.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    Gloakc and Apple

My experience is that Glock fanatics are like Apple fanatics. Both see their product as better than any other, and refuse to consider other manufacturers. Like Apple, there are plenty of haters, just because they are popular. I disagree in that I think there are a lot of folks who will shoot anything that feels right to them, regardless of manufacturer.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Haters are going to hate with much passion, don't they all?

I love all the M&P Kool Aid being drunk around here lately, I'd rather have any Glock than any rust bucket M&P pistol if my life were on the line, that's how much I trust Glock!

And no.. they do not suck, they swallow like all good :bacondance: do!

madeuce50

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Lafayette,In.
    I have had a glock since 1987,gen 1. Never had an issue/none period. Bought a colt 10mm delta elite and had nothing but troubles/bad trigger pull/back strap safety inop/hammer wiggled/inaccurate/ammo picky. I would not trade the Glock over a Colt.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Do you like to worry about whether the gun will go bang when you pull the trigger?

Do you enjoy clearing malfunctions?

Do you need your cocobolo grips to match your high heels?

If you answered yes to any of the above, Glock may not be for you...

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I have only shot 1, but it was enough to know I didn't like it. I did hit dead center with my first shot, but knew it wasn't for me.

I would trust my life with one but just not a fan. XD for me!

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Let's see, 500 bucks, reliable out of the box, simple order of arms, durable, no special maintenance needs, easily replaced, proven track record.

what's not to like?

Glocks are great pistols.

Waddell6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Indiana
    They fit my hand well, are very accurate, very durable and eat anything. What's not to love?
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

I had a girlfriend like that once.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Do you need your cocobolo grips to match your high heels?

HEY, now...
    There is NOTHING wrong with that!!!!

At ALL!!!

JetShoe.jpg

snRP4388.jpg

Top Bottom