• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    DNR came to my house today after 2 weeks of calling for Dep tags. he showed up we talked for a few then drove back to the woods and by the fields, we talked some more and i learned the rules have changed for indiana dep tags (now its how much damage you think the deer will cause and dont have to porve that there is damage). and then we came back up to the house and talked some more abour about varmints and hunting them. needless to say he was there for 20-30 minutes never got out of the jeep except to knock on my door and issued me 10 tags and said if i fill them then to just call him and he will issue me 10 more WOOT

freezer is gonna be full before OCT 1st WOOT WOOT

just to add for kicks im allowed 4 deer for hunting season starting OCT

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    caliber is .243 or higher and what ever is legal in regular hunting season. huntin hours is 1 hour before and after daylight instead of 30min. and when ever i asked questions that would be pushing or breaking the rules ie. silencers his statement was "discretion is a better part of valor"

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    lol idk about that. i only put 4 shooters on the tags and if the Conservation Officer were to stop by and see's a deer in our possession i think we would have some explaining to do to a person in a black robe.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    lol idk about that. i only put 4 shooters on the tags and if the Conservation Officer were to stop by and see's a deer in our possession i think we would have some explaining to do to a person in a black robe.
    lucy-and-ricky2.jpg

"Loocyyy, you got some 'splainin' to dooo...."

:lmfao:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    right on. i go to wilbur and do yote hunting every now and again. i got a deer up there last year when i couldnt get one at my place ause they were all scared off by the guy behind my property. but this is a new year and a different season then last.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I really need to call the local DNR and see if I can get one of those dep permits. I"m tired of them damaging our crops but not being able to shoot them till season starts when i see them on an almost regular basis the rest of the year. And then when season comes around they like to hide in a small wooded area across the road from ours where there's no hunting allowed.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    oh and another thing about the rules. if you shoot a deer that is larger than a total of 7 points you have to call the dnr and give them half the rack... its to keep the trophy hunting down out of season cause it would be unfair. and you also have to log every deer you take and with what gun. but after he told me that he said its based on he "honor system" and discretion is a better part of valor.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Just a thought, you might want to take his advice about discretion. Posting his quote on an internet forum isn't exactly discreet! Just saying, you might be shooting yourself (and others looking for dep permits) in the foot.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    Just a thought, you might want to take his advice about discretion. Posting his quote on an internet forum isn't exactly discreet! Just saying, you might be shooting yourself (and others looking for dep permits) in the foot.

very true

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Have to agree with the rules about shooting deer with large horns. Let the Big Buck Hunters go after these in the fall. If the purpose is to truely limit the damage done to crops then shoot the does and young uns. Killing the bucks does nothing to reduce the deer population. Afterall, how many does can one buck service. Last I checked the little ones are still good eatin.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    .243 and larger? But, but on the Internet "they" say centerfire rifle is "illegal" in Indiana for deer.:D

Congrats on your predation permits. I wish you several freezers full of meat.

Top Bottom