1st doe. :D

HPIM3381.jpg

nedwards

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Danville
    I had deer steaks for dinner tonight and looking at that pic I want some more. Did it look like she had been nursing any fawns??

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    she did have a baby but to the looks of her milk sack she hasnt been lactating for quite some time so the fawn has been weened.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    mmm, venison. Wish it was legal to sell in Indiana :( I love me some venison.
    It is legal to sell just not for a profit. IIRC. And if you are ever in New Castle, I have some I will give you from last years buck. My wifey dosent like it so i cant eat it all by myself.:D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It is legal to sell just not for a profit. IIRC. And if you are ever in New Castle, I have some I will give you from last years buck. My wifey dosent like it so i cant eat it all by myself.:D

My friend, I may just take you up on that! WELL worth the drive from Indy to me!

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    It really is kinda weird hunting in a t shirt, and if you do get a deer you have to move quick gutting her and butchering her. or the meat will go bad

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I tried to call my area DNR office today just a little after 3 pm and got a busy signal, then a few minutes later it finally rang. Got an auto message saying they are open till 4. Tried again still no luck, I"m gonna keep trying till I get them!!

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    That makes me look forward to the urban deer hunting season...I kind of enjoy the warm weather bowhunting. Enjoy those tags and that meat!

It is legal to sell just not for a profit. IIRC.

Unfortunately, the Indiana regulations state that it can't be sold:
    Selling of Wild Game
    Protected or regulated wild animals, live, dead, or the meat therefrom, cannot be sold, traded or bartered. (Exceptions: lawfully taken furbearers, squirrel tails, deer hides, antlers, hooves, and cured gamebird feathers may be sold).

Since we can't sell it or trade it, I usually butcher one to give some to friends and neighbors, and at least one other to to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry.

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I really hope I can get those tags soon. I went back down to our woods around 9 to watch for a suspicious truck that stopped there when I was out walking earlier. And I saw 2 4-6 pt bucks, and 4 does at the woods across the road from mine that a family member owns. I had my scoped M44 and soft points with me, it was hard to keep from pulling that trigger. They pretty ignored me standing there, lol. Of course I was about 250 yards or so away.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Ok the area biologist came out today, checked out our property. And will email me the tags when he gets back to the office and gets them entered. I'm glad I sighted in my 30-06 yesterday :D time to give some friends a call. Although he only gave me 30 days, 5 deer, and up to 5 shooters. If we get that many easy, he may extend it. Here's to filling the freezers! :cheers:

Top Bottom