• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The goal is sweet surrender to something larger than oneself....BBI and I have spent hours talking and have never once (that I am aware of) had a cross word...You and I have done the same...I can promise you this as I know you both...You two would get along just fine...I mean that....

I'm sure we would and have pretty much admitted so, in a private manner. :thumbsup:

I mentioned that if Rick was ok with someone, I figure they are alright.

I wouldn't try to convert Rick. He's found a path that works for him. How he got there or how many prophets he recognizes is irrelevant. Plus I'm nice to him in case he gets a Model 25 in that he wants to unload for cheap.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    How great is that!?

Pretty great if you want to blow things up, pretty sucky if you want a ride to the grocery. :D

Fawad said if I visited him in Yemen we'd blow things up. It was an "Arabic offer", not something offered seriously as he didn't return to Yemen himself, just an expression of friendship. The way he described his home made it sound very very rural, though, and blowing something up on a hillside wouldn't even disturb the neighbors.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It might be interesting. I read that one of the chief complaints that the Syrian refugees had at some of the European refugee centers was the poor wifi that was available. I also note that I had read during our Iraqi war and also in Afghanistan that militants were coming from Yemen and other countries to take part in the war against our occupation. Perhaps due to the passage of time, the younger folks aren't as knowledgable about the Soviet era as their parents were.

I get it's not as recent, but how many Americans have a real good understanding of the Korean War? I don't, beyond what my grandpas told me. I'm not even real up on Viet Nam, other than pop culture stuff. Plus, with a substandard education system a lot of history is oral tradition and easily manipulated. That's one thing about the Internet and social media, once you get access it's real tough to bottle up information. I'm sure they have their own echo chambers, but when people learn to research and reach beyond their traditional sources...

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    What you actually have shown is how incredibly ignorant you are.

Yes, and no. If you study Islam you will find both. Unlike Protestant Christianity and the Bible, Islam does not refer to the Qur'an as the single authoritative source. A penitent Muslim must also consider the hadith, and personal reflection (prayer) before considering an answer to a moral question "final". More than a billion and a half people on our planet embrace Islam while rejecting Wahhabism, which is the source of "extremist Islam"...but a well-read and worldly guy like you already knew that...right?

If you are truly a worthwhile human being you will take your fingers out of your ears and stop looking for a fight...Maybe if you started listening you'd hear. Western Muslims have condemned every attack since before 9/11, to anyone who will listen.

Believe it or not, most Eastern Muslims are too busy feeding themselves to care about the fights of the western world. Wait...you already knew that. You know muslims.

As a Christian you are too blinded by bias to see your own shortcomings. There are plenty of Christians trying to shove their views, unwanted, down the throats of their fellow citizens. You are one of those.

Well, I personally believe you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. How would you go about "tossing out" an entire group of people based on personal ideology? And just how would you keep someone from using that same power to ouster your religious group? Have you thought this through at all?

Wait...what am I thinking...of course you have. You know stuff!

No. BBI shouldn't leave. You should. You are a bigot. You are small-minded and wrong. You are a disgrace to INGO, Indiana, America, and the human race. Whe it comes to "making their bed" the only one doing that is you.

PaulF

Too much coffee makin' you jittery?

My religion does not lead it's believers to chop off peoples heads or burn folks alive in cages. It does not push me to kill innocent people for no reason other than the fact that they don't believe like me. I believe this is entirely different than me "trying to shove my views, unwanted, down the throats of my fellow citizens". I don't do this. But I do hope you have made peace with your creator.

Please send me links to major newspapers in the USA that have printed articles about Muslims denouncing the violence and working to end it. And yes, I do read the Wall Street Journal and others on a daily basis. Don't remember ever seeing the Muslim community on the front page. Or page two.

How would I toss out an entire group of people? It's quite easy. You give them 90-days to leave then put a bounty on their head. I'll bet most would find another place to go in a hurry. It's no different than when we say we cannot toss out the "illegals" here. It's simple to do. But the gutless in America, especially those who have something to gain, have no intestinal fortitude to follow thru. Too many bleeding hearts like you in the country. Besides, think of the children PaulF. No wonder we have the mess in America we have.

As for "being a bigot, small-minded, wrong and a disgrace to INGO, Indiana, America, and the human race you seem to have cornered the market on that one.

What's worst of all? You are called a moderator here? I talk like that in my posts and you give me an infraction. :rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    PaulF

My religion does not lead it's believers to chop off peoples heads or burn folks alive in cages. It does not push me to kill innocent people for no reason other than the fact that they don't believe like me. I believe this is entirely different than me "trying to shove my views, unwanted, down the throats of my fellow citizens". I don't do this. But I do hope you have made peace with your creator.

Please send me links to major newspapers in the USA that have printed articles about Muslims denouncing the violence and working to end it. And yes, I do read the Wall Street Journal and others on a daily basis. Don't remember ever seeing the Muslim community on the front page. Or page two.

How would I toss out an entire group of people? It's quite easy. You give them 90-days to leave then put a bounty on their head. I'll bet most would find another place to go in a hurry. It's no different than when we say we cannot toss out the "illegals" here. It's simple to do. But the gutless in America, especially those who have something to gain, have no intestinal fortitude to follow thru. Too many bleeding hearts like you in the country. Besides, think of the children PaulF. No wonder we have the mess in America we have.

As for "being a bigot, small-minded, wrong and a disgrace to INGO, Indiana, America, and the human race you seem to have cornered the market on that one.

What's worst of all? You are called a moderator here? I talk like that in my posts and you give me an infraction. :rolleyes:

The butt hurt is strong in this one

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    PaulF

Put bounties on muslims, that's an original concept.

We did that before, indian scalps for gold, not exactly a high point in our nation's history.

Paul hit the nail very squarely on the head in his post.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    PaulF

I've already linked it. Muslim leader calling for D.C. anti-ISIS rally | Boston Herald I don't know what page it ran on, but that's on the editor...unless he's Muslim. :dunno:

Yes, terrorism is a great threat to this nation. You're ready to shred the 1st amendment , put a bounty on the head of fellow citizens (because apparently you believe that hate and violence are a bad thing so putting bounties on people's heads who have done nothing is the logical response) because you are afraid. ISIS is no threat to us. We are a threat to us by overreaction due to fear, and destroying our own way of life...like freedom of religion, due process, etc. We kill way more of each other via accidental gun discharges each year, but bristle with "those who give up liberty for safety deserve neither" at the hint of gun control.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    anti-isis-protest.jpg

(Edit) The above is a different picture, not sure why it isn't linking.

1086373_630x354.jpg

Muslims in India.

World's Largest Islamic Organization Tells ISIS To Get Lost

Muslim group in Indonesia, which has 50 million members, attempt to educate and to counter radical idealogy.

German Muslims Turn Out In Force For Nationwide Protest Against Islamic State

Muslims in Germany from about 2,000 mosques use Friday prayer as protest against ISIS

[video=youtube;ulwWJAwMnfI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulwWJAwMnfI[/video]

Small march in Kansas City recently

...and this: Letter to Baghdadi - Open Letter to BaghdadiOpen Letter to Baghdadi

Executive Summary

1. It is forbidden in Islam to issue fatwas without all the necessary learning requirements. Even then fatwas must follow Islamic legal theory as defined in the Classical texts. It is also forbidden to cite a portion of a verse from the Qur’an—or part of a verse—to derive a ruling without looking at everything that the Qur’an and Hadith teach related to that matter. In other words, there are strict subjective and objective prerequisites for fatwas , and one cannot ‘cherry-pick’ Qur’anic verses for legal arguments without considering the entire Qur’an and Hadith .
    2. It is forbidden in Islam to issue legal rulings about anything without mastery of the Arabic language.
    3. It is forbidden in Islam to oversimplify Shari’ah matters and ignore established Islamic sciences.
    4. It is permissible in Islam [for scholars] to differ on any matter, except those fundamentals of religion that all Muslims must know.
    5. It is forbidden in Islam to ignore the reality of contemporary times when deriving legal rulings.
    6. It is forbidden in Islam to kill the innocent.
    7. It is forbidden in Islam to kill emissaries, ambassadors, and diplomats; hence it is forbidden to kill journalists and aid workers.
    8. Jihad in Islam is defensive war. It is not permissible without the right cause, the right purpose and without the right rules of conduct.
    9. It is forbidden in Islam to declare people non-Muslim unless he (or she) openly declares disbelief.
    10. It is forbidden in Islam to harm or mistreat—in any way—Christians or any ‘People of the Scripture’.
    11. It is obligatory to consider Yazidis as People of the Scripture.
    12. The re-introduction of slavery is forbidden in Islam. It was abolished by universal consensus.
    13. It is forbidden in Islam to force people to convert.
    14. It is forbidden in Islam to deny women their rights.
    15. It is forbidden in Islam to deny children their rights.
    16. It is forbidden in Islam to enact legal punishments (hudud ) without following the correct procedures that ensure justice and mercy.
    17. It is forbidden in Islam to torture people.
    18. It is forbidden in Islam to disfigure the dead.
    19. It is forbidden in Islam to attribute evil acts to God ﷻ.
    20. It is forbidden in Islam to destroy the graves and shrines of Prophets and Companions.
    21. Armed insurrection is forbidden in Islam for any reason other than clear disbelief by the ruler and not allowing people to pray.
    22. It is forbidden in Islam to declare a caliphate without consensus from all Muslims.
    Abu Muhammad Al-Adnani said: ‘God bless Prophet Muhammad who was sent with the sword as a mercy to all worlds.’[3] This statement comprises compounded confusions and a mistaken paradigm. Yet it is often repeated by followers of the ‘Islamic State’. Now God sent the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ as a mercy to all worlds: ‘We did not send you, except as a mercy to all the worlds .’(Al-Anbiya’,22: 107). This is true for all time and place. The Prophet ﷺ was sent as mercy to people, animals, plants, to the heavens and to subtle beings—no Muslims disagree about this. It is a general and unconditional statement taken from the Qur’an itself. However, the phrase, ‘sent with the sword’ is part of a Hadiththat is specific to a certain time and place which have since expired. Thus it is forbidden to mix the Qur’an and Hadithin this way, as it is forbidden to mix the general and specific, and the conditional and unconditional.

This is the source of much misinformation of those who try to hijack Islam into violence, as well as misunderstanding from those who attempt to read a translation of the Koran with no context and no understanding. It is, as I've said repeatedly, not that simple. These are legit religious scholars, actual experts, trying to explain to radicals how they are being mislead by their leadership. I didn't know a couple of those myself. I've never had occasion to look up the criteria for armed insurrection, for example, and didn't realize how strict that was.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    And these are EXACTLY the voices that NEED to rise in the Muslim world to accomplish what I was talking about. It's going to be a HUGE undertaking from the heretofore _relatively_ silent majority of Islam to publicly out, decry, disclaim, and shout down the folks that have bastardized their beliefs for political gain, revenge etc. And as others have mentioned, there isn't a "top-down" organization to draw the bright line, and boot out the extremists.

But it can be done. And the efforts like the above, are to be encouraged - and applauded.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    PaulF

This folks, is what we call a "Trump Supporter".

Xenophobic monsters. I'm sorry, but my ancestors came from Ireland. We were known as "White N*****s". People like this make me sick, and I will not stand for this crap.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    The koran states its permissible to lie in order to further the expansion of islam and confound the kafer or infidel.
    How can you say that muslims are peace loving people when the areas they live in are violent hell holes by their own doing? They subjugate women and children and are just as likely to kill a fellow muslim because they dont agree with their particular flavor of islam as they are to attack an infidel.
    Their book says they are supposed to be violent towards the infidel. Is that not true? So the " muslims" that say they dont believe thats right are not muslims. They are the ones their fellow jihadist muslims (real muslims) will kill when they disagree with their techniques to further establish the caliphate.

Islam is a political system not a religion.

Top Bottom