• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    Okay, so she wouldn't sell him ammo because he had a LOADED gun and she didn't want to be shot?! By her own admission he already had the necessary means to shoot her if he so intended. Wouldn't it be more dangerous to sell bullets to someone who didn't already have bullets as they might actually need them to shoot you? When the OP didn't shoot her, she should have been reassured that no shooting was going to take place.

Sometimes people can still shock me with their stupidity.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Okay, so she wouldn't sell him ammo because he had a LOADED gun and she didn't want to be shot?! By her own admission he already had the necessary means to shoot her if he so intended. Wouldn't it be more dangerous to sell bullets to someone who didn't already have bullets as they might actually need them to shoot you? When the OP didn't shoot her, she should have been reassured that no shooting was going to take place.

Sometimes people can still shock me with their stupidity.

Don't confuse people with logic, okay?

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I plan on it. If I dont get a call by monday evening I may try to find out if there is a legal angle...

I mean being denied ammo is one thing... being lied to, labeled as an assailant is another thing.

Jpfledderer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Westside
    It's not good when you go there to buy ammo, and the 23 year old dropout /master oil lube technician is selling ammo too...... I hate Wally World.:):

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    Back when the 9mm winchester white box was 8.97 a 100 rounds, I would buy a couple thousand and the cashiers would tell me, "isn't there a limit?" I explained to her that the ATF doesn't have a designed limit to amount and that if that were true, her register wouldn't be allowed to ring it up. But, that was a while ago and Stupid is as Stupid was told to do.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I plan on it. If I dont get a call by monday evening I may try to find out if there is a legal angle...

I mean being denied ammo is one thing... being lied to, labeled as an assailant is another thing.

Doubt there's any legal recourse, just a customer service PR issue.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Here is my letter to walmart.com's store feedback.. i stole some of it from other letters i found online, wish it could be longer but I was limited to 2000 characters.

Dear Walmart Representative,

I am writing to you asking for Walmart Inc. official policy on a customer legally carrying a firearm on Walmart Premises.
    It has been my understanding in the past that as long as the individual is in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and or local laws on legally carried firearms, Walmart supports the right of the customer to exercise those rights.
    Can you please confirm or provide me with Walmart's official corporate policy regarding this matter?

On 6 April 2012, at approximately 1315 hrs I was accosted by a female employee in the sporting goods section. I was purchasing ammo for a trip to a pistol range with a friend I dont see often. After opening the ammo display and allowing me to examine some pistol ammo at great length The employee asked me "Is that loaded" apparently she had just noticed i was carry a properly licensed firearm on my hip in a holster. I replied "Yes", the female employee further stated " i can't sell you this I dont want to get shot". I asked her to clarify her previous remark and she said "it was a law and she didn't want to get shot". I was deeply offended and embarrassed by her remark. Several other patrons around us heard the remark and could only stare. When I tried to explain walmart policy and Indiana law she became combative with me and interrupted me every chance she could. At this point being extremely embarrassed, angry and offended I decided to cut out the middle man and asked for the store manager. About 5 minutes later the assistant manager came over and instead of introducing himself he gruffly said "whats the problem here" I explained the situation about how I had tried to buy some ammunition and how the sales lady had offended me, embarrassed me and how she was spouting off nonsensical laws and policy. The assistant manager rudely cut me off, he stated "that it was law and that he was a type 2 FFL different than a gun store" and that the law said he couldn't sell ammo. I tried to explain to him what a type 2 FFL was and he just continued to be gruff and irritable. The assistant manager's actions furthered the embarrassment I suffered. So because of the actions of the store, the sales woman, and the assistant manager my Good Friday was ruined. I wasted a day off work, I was embarrassed and offended by a walmart employee, I didn't end up with ammo, my trip to the range was canceled, my best friend wasted 5 hrs driving down to go to the range with me.
    I am a decorated US Army Veteran who served honorably, To have your store violate my civil rights by discriminating against me because I exercised a civil liberty guaranteed in the very Constitution that I fought and bled for is and outrage.
    To have have your employee tell me she wouldn't sell me ammunition because she didnt want to get shot is the most offensive thing I have heard in my life, and I have been picketed and protested against.
    I am a member of an organization of 21,000 people wanting to know your response.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Here is my letter to walmart.com's store feedback.. i stole some of it from other letters i found online, wish it could be longer but I was limited to 2000 characters.

Dear Walmart Representative,

I am writing to you asking for Walmart Inc. official policy on a customer legally carrying a firearm on Walmart Premises.
    It has been my understanding in the past that as long as the individual is in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and or local laws on legally carried firearms, Walmart supports the right of the customer to exercise those rights.
    Can you please confirm or provide me with Walmart's official corporate policy regarding this matter?

On 6 April 2012, at approximately 1315 hrs I was accosted by a female employee in the sporting goods section. I was purchasing ammo for a trip to a pistol range with a friend I dont see often. After opening the ammo display and allowing me to examine some pistol ammo at great length The employee asked me "Is that loaded" apparently she had just noticed i was carry a properly licensed firearm on my hip in a holster. I replied "Yes", the female employee further stated " i can't sell you this I dont want to get shot". I asked her to clarify her previous remark and she said "it was a law and she didn't want to get shot". I was deeply offended and embarrassed by her remark. Several other patrons around us heard the remark and could only stare. When I tried to explain walmart policy and Indiana law she became combative with me and interrupted me every chance she could. At this point being extremely embarrassed, angry and offended I decided to cut out the middle man and asked for the store manager. About 5 minutes later the assistant manager came over and instead of introducing himself he gruffly said "whats the problem here" I explained the situation about how I had tried to buy some ammunition and how the sales lady had offended me, embarrassed me and how she was spouting off nonsensical laws and policy. The assistant manager rudely cut me off, he stated "that it was law and that he was a type 2 FFL different than a gun store" and that the law said he couldn't sell ammo. I tried to explain to him what a type 2 FFL was and he just continued to be gruff and irritable. The assistant manager's actions furthered the embarrassment I suffered. So because of the actions of the store, the sales woman, and the assistant manager my Good Friday was ruined. I wasted a day off work, I was embarrassed and offended by a walmart employee, I didn't end up with ammo, my trip to the range was canceled, my best friend wasted 5 hrs driving down to go to the range with me.
    I am a decorated US Army Veteran who served honorably, To have your store violate my civil rights by discriminating against me because I exercised a civil liberty guaranteed in the very Constitution that I fought and bled for is and outrage.
    To have have your employee tell me she wouldn't sell me ammunition because she didnt want to get shot is the most offensive thing I have heard in my life, and I have been picketed and protested against.
    I am a member of an organization of 21,000 people wanting to know your response.

wow...

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    So they can display it on a shelf. Let you handle and inspect the ammo. But they will not sell ammo? That reminds me of the scene from Billy Madison about stupidest thing ever said.
    I'm curious to see how they dance around this issue and in the end turn it around that SnS was wrong and that the walmart investigation returned nothing to validate his complaint.

Walmart employess for the most part are not knowledgeable in thier respective departments. I've found this true a few times. Most recently buying 22 cal ammo the clerk rang it up and said "this is ammo?" "yes" "why is it so cheap?" ($2 a box) then asked "is this for a rifle or handgun?" i said "huh?" "the system is asking me if it's for a rifle or handgun. I don't know why it's asking me." i tried to explain but i just got blank stares in return, so i paid and left.

anyway back to the thread....

hopefully the people at BG walmart will be educated to the right way.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    if they jack me around,im gonna try and plan an OC event there.

What good would that do? From what I read the clerk had no problem with you OC. She did not want to sell ammo to man already armed with a loaded magazine.

A
    s if that made one bit of sense.

Top Bottom