• NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Walmart 9mm is $20 per 100
    LGS 9mm (same brand) is $15 per 50

Buy it while OC'ing all the time in Plymouth.

Why are you people going to Wal-Mart in the first place? I just don't understand the need.
    It's always a pain in the a##.
    Support your LGS. Not WM.
    You really can't fix stupid.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I'm not sure, that's strange. I read of Wal-Mart horror stories all the time. I've carried Glock, XD's and my Sig 1911 in open carry every time I buy ammo @ walmart. Never an issue. Likely just made the sales associate in this case nervous, prompting the manager to be contacted. And from there I'm not sure.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Why are you people going to Wal-Mart in the first place? I just don't understand the need.

yeah, because they don't buy WWB at Walmart and mark it up at the store...

we know it doesn't happen at reputable LGS, but it does happen...

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I just wanted to try that tula ammo, I have heard it dirty but always fires and it seems to usually be the cheapo stuff at gun show's... I was kind in the try before I buy in bulk mode...

Im supposed to hear back from them at the start of next week. I hope they know how embarassed, and offended I was.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    She didn't want to sell you ammo, because she might get shot.

But you were already carrying a loaded gun.

If you wanted to shoot her, you hardly needed to buy more ammo.

By not selling you more ammo, she saved her life!

Who knew it was that easy!! :dunno:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    yeah, because they don't buy WWB at Walmart and mark it up at the store...

we know it doesn't happen at reputable LGS, but it does happen...

ahh...2008 memories, where the LGS owners LIVED in the ammo dept a wall-mart so they could resell a $9 box of Federal 9mm for $21

thanks LGS owners (if the shoe fits)

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I did above...

Walked through store OC'ing Xd40 with loaded mag
    arrived at sporting goods

See, there's the problem. She likes Glocks. She knows those Croatian guns are notorious for shooting people when hot ammo is nearby. :laugh:

And another thing... if the little wormy loss-prevention guy follows me around the tool section of Lowes at Bash / E96th O-N-E M-O-R-E T-I-M-E I'm gonna... I'm gonna... aw, I don't know.

Something!!

Maybe pretend a post hole digger is a stripper pole, all while screaming "Я хочу видеть мой моркови Лепёшка и мозгов!!"

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The Wal-Mart's I shop at (Scottsburg and Clarksville) have never given me any trouble at all. Scottsburg especially nice. They are hunter friendly.

I would think that it's pretty clear by now that the general, non-gun carrying public is somewhat frightened by weapons (or totally freaked out). Can we not agree that this is not going to change? And it's especially not going to change by trying to force common sense and legal knowledge on those ignorant people. Yes, you're right, they're wrong. But I think we should keep a low profile and keep the people at ease. I know many people scare of spiders and snakes and have never seen any of them happy about me bringing one of those creepers around. Yes, I know about desensitization techniques, but I'm talking in real life. Why not just go undercover (CC) get your S@#t and get out?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...But I think we should keep a low profile and keep the people at ease.

I don't want to keep the people at ease by hiding things from them. Keeping the people at ease is about as far from my mission in life as anything I can think of. I much prefer to disturb people. ;)

...Why not just go undercover (CC) get your S@#t and get out?

I can't think of any reason that would compel me to do so.
    If that's how others like to do it, more power to them. I'm sure they have their reasons.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I read this story this morning then stopped at the same Walmart on my way home today. Incredibly bad customer service.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    State law? Was the cashier Donna Baker and the manager Randy?
    Shut up Randy! I swear I'm gonna kick your, oh wait sorry I was having a flashback. :D

I just wanted to try that tula ammo, I have heard it dirty but always fires and it seems to usually be the cheapo stuff at gun show's... I was kind in the try before I buy in bulk mode...

Im supposed to hear back from them at the start of next week. I hope they know how embarassed, and offended I was.

You should call Al and Jessie I bet they will come have a million boolit march in your honor! :popcorn:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    The Wal-Mart's I shop at (Scottsburg and Clarksville) have never given me any trouble at all. Scottsburg especially nice. They are hunter friendly.

I would think that it's pretty clear by now that the general, non-gun carrying public is somewhat frightened by weapons (or totally freaked out). Can we not agree that this is not going to change? And it's especially not going to change by trying to force common sense and legal knowledge on those ignorant people. Yes, you're right, they're wrong. But I think we should keep a low profile and keep the people at ease. I know many people scare of spiders and snakes and have never seen any of them happy about me bringing one of those creepers around. Yes, I know about desensitization techniques, but I'm talking in real life. Why not just go undercover (CC) get your S@#t and get out?

I don't like screen names that are named Mackey, you should hide your name so that I am not uncomfortable. Once they tell you that guns make them uncomfortable and have you believing that hiding it is the answer, what is to stop them from making you uncomfortable with mustaches, or green shirts or blue eyes, or .... Do you see where I am going with this? If you want to CC that's great, I have to on a daily basis and as soon as I gEt home it goes OWB. It's my choice not theirs or yours.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Nothing is going to change. No one is going to get fired. The OP will get a 25-50 dollar gift card. WalMart will continue to churn out medicore prices, terrible service and low to mid grade products. It's a shame Target doesn't sell ammo. Think of the tie ins for products... just sayin'.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel

So we can buy their goods, 95% of which are made in China, then go home and complain about being unemployed?:dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So we can buy their goods, 95% of which are made in China, then go home and complain about being unemployed?:dunno:

And complain about
    Can't find employee
    Unknowledgeable (sp?) Employee
    Etc

Its cheap.

So is poking myself in the eyeball for entertainment.
    Doesn't mean I'm gonna do it.

Top Bottom