• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I dont remember his name he was a small squirelly kind of guy and his demeanor and attitude just furthered my anger and embarrassment. If I had a picture or was in person I could easily point out both.
    Was it this guy? He is the one that comes to mind when you say squirrelly.
    2012-04-09_0109.png

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the movie 'The American President':

" America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say,"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil,who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours." You want to claim this land as the land of the free? "

A group supposedly hell bent on the Bill of Rights, The Constitution... bans a member who exercises his 1st amendment rights?

Post after post on here talks about folks who complain about us carrying guns in public and expects busy law enforcement officers to explain how the laws are in our favor but it seems the mods cave to the few complaining? Was this member not within his rights and shouldnt have the moderators explained this to those who complained and maybe 'educate' them?

Define "irony".

The Bubba guy and our OP failed to use racial epithets. I don't know either of them personally but the facts remain. While others may have had issue with what was said let them. Grow thicker skin or research elsewhere, its what this forum is valuable for. The OP did not use profanity. He made references that could be construed in such a way to indicate race but didnt do so in a bigoted way. PC...? Not so much but with in the INGO rules. If there were personal attacks made through PMs to the moderators I am not condoning that but I should think there is a place I can go and see some consistencies. I'd like to believe its here.

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    is he an assitant? how tall? this guy was 5'7 or less and probably less
    Well, if you don't recognize the picture - then it wasn't him. TBH I don't remember how tall he is as I don't generally remember people by their size.

He is indeed an assistant though. I know several of them, but that's the only one I have ready access to a picture of.

Did they tell you what law, or did they just say "it's the law" and leave it at that?

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I think it was him 80% but i dont think his hair is all mental ward like that now.

What cracks me up even further, I just loaded money on to a walmart card today; and I was armed again... No problem with me putting money on my card...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I think it was him 80% but i dont think his hair is all mental ward like that now.

What cracks me up even further, I just loaded money on to a walmart card today; and I was armed again... No problem with me putting money on my card...
    Haha, ok. Well if that's him, his name is Drew. I'll shoot him a text and see if he told anybody that they couldn't buy ammo with a loaded magazine and see what he says. He'll either tell me what happened, or be like "Ummm no, wtf you talking about."

I presume they never told you what law or IC, just that it was "the law"?

Side-note, I've bought ammo LOTS of times at Wal-Mart with a loaded gun on my hip OC...

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Haha, ok. Well if that's him, his name is Drew. I'll shoot him a text and see if he told anybody that they couldn't buy ammo with a loaded magazine and see what he says. He'll either tell me what happened, or be like "Ummm no, wtf you talking about."

I presume they never told you what law or IC, just that it was "the law"?

Side-note, I've bought ammo LOTS of times at Wal-Mart with a loaded gun on my hip OC...

Nope just "its the law" and we are a class 2 dealer not like a gun store... I tried to explain what a class 2 was and that you didnt even need an FFL to sell ammo...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Nope just "its the law" and we are a class 2 dealer not like a gun store... I tried to explain what a class 2 was and that you didnt even need an FFL to sell ammo...
    So what did they want you to do, in order for you to be able to buy?

Unload the gun? Take it to the car? etc?

I've sent him a text, no idea when he'll respond.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Absolutely nothing, my understanding was that I couldn't buy it. They didnt give me a resolution, no unload it, take it to the car, cover it up, strip naked and run around waving it screaming I'm Chuck Norris. Nothing all he did was spout off some nonsensical idea that it was law and they were a class 2. He also said you couldnt buy ammo in a gun store with a loaded gun. i tried to correct him but he just kept cutting me off.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Absolutely nothing, my understanding was that I couldn't buy it. They didnt give me a resolution, no unload it, take it to the car, cover it up, strip naked and run around waving it screaming I'm Chuck Norris. Nothing all he did was spout off some nonsensical idea that it was law and they were a class 2. He also said you couldnt buy ammo in a gun store with a loaded gun. i tried to correct him but he just kept cutting me off.
    That doesn't surprise me at all.

Wonder where they got that from, I mean, I can't find a law for it (doesn't mean it doesn't exist though)...

Strange...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Realistically there isn't a whole lot you can do though I will see what I can get from the managers I know there. They essentially were choosing to refuse your business, even though it was for reasoning that was not actually "correct".

I'll have to go in there sometime and buy some ammo and see if I run into the same issue, but I am guessing I won't.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    From the movie 'The American President':

" America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say,"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil,who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours." You want to claim this land as the land of the free? "

A group supposedly hell bent on the Bill of Rights, The Constitution... bans a member who exercises his 1st amendment rights? Post after post on here talking about folks who complain about us carrying guns in public and expects busy law enforcement officers to explain how the laws are in our favor but it seems the mods caves to a few folks complaining?

Define "irony".

The Bubba guy and our OP failed to use racial epithets. While others may complain let them. Grow thicker skin or research elsewhere. The OP did not use profanity. He made references that could be construed in such a way to indicate race but didnt do so in a bigoted way. PC...? Not so much but with in the INGO rules. If there were personal attacks made through PMs to the moderators I am not condoning that but I should think there is a place I can go and see some consistencies. I'd like to believe its here.

It appears you have come on the back end of something for which you don't have all the facts. Our freedom of speech is limited by the desires of this forums' owner and the authority he's given to the moderators. All freedoms have limitations.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    All freedoms have limitations.
    Sort of... I wouldn't call posting here a right or a freedom, but a privilege considering that the ability to post here can be revoked at any time by the moderation/administration team :).

Now to say there are limitations as to what and how you can post here, that makes perfect sense... Well... Unless you don't read the rules when you sign up :). One who fails to read the rules will, in some cases, find out quickly what those rules actually are.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So what did they want you to do, in order for you to be able to buy?

Unload the gun? Take it to the car? etc?

I've sent him a text, no idea when he'll respond.

Sending a guy a 1am text about a work interaction he had. He'll be Bound to ask how you found out. He'll probably be a bit confused and taken aback

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom