• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Saw some of this tanker business on the news, I have to wonder if the top people are even in control over in Iran. I always felt that when the hostage crisis erupted back in the 70s, what organized government there was in the country was taken by surprise and just winging the situation to look like they were in charge.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Videos of military rolling into Hong Kong?

< Bulletin > From early morning to morning, it seems that armored vehicles and personnel of the People's Liberation Army have entered Hong Kong.

https://twitter.com/AsiaShinbunsya/status/1153940783625469953?s=19

https://twitter.com/AsiaShinbunsya/status/1153940489898348544?s=19

https://twitter.com/AsiaShinbunsya/status/1153940253477969920?s=19

Obviously just speculation, but if China sends its own military to attack its own citizens, isn't there a mandate that requires interference?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm really not sure how much of the Basic Law is still applicable. I think China abandoned it years ago.

Besides, if the UK, with a new PM, is already entangled with Iran, I'm not sure it can afford an amphibious assault on HK.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    This will not end well for the demonstrators. They have over reached, demanded too much and defaced Chicomland icons. Now the ChiComs are gonna ChiCom. They've already got a million plus in reeducation camps another million or five won't bother them a bit. Hong Kong already had a best if left by date...they may have just broken the seal and changed the timeline.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A bit more on how PRC forces could be used in Hong Kong.
    https://www.archyworldys.com/hong-kong-china-announces-readiness-to-engage-its-army/

Basically, there's a garrison there that could be sent in "if requested by Hong Kong authorities." To my eyes, that means they only need a pretense of need to send them in.

"Well, you see, we had to send 5,000 troops to the Hong Kong governor's house to find out if he wanted us to send our troops in."

And that's setting aside the Putin strategy of sending in military people in civilian clothes (like white shirts and black pants) to do stuff.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    All the ChiComs need is a request from the HK government to help. It's already in their transfer agreement...they can deploy the PLA. They are currently training 3 brigades at Zhangjiang for crowd control. As in Tienanmen they will likely use troops not stationed in HK now to enforce their crackdown so the troops will have no connection to the locality. HK will go crazy and the ChiComs will burn it to the ground before accepting a challenge to their authority.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All the ChiComs need is a request from the HK government to help. It's already in their transfer agreement...they can deploy the PLA. They are currently training 3 brigades at Zhangjiang for crowd control. As in Tienanmen they will likely use troops not stationed in HK now to enforce their crackdown so the troops will have no connection to the locality. HK will go crazy and the ChiComs will burn it to the ground before accepting a challenge to their authority.

I think there would be serious pushback from HK citizens. They would ultimately fail, but I bet it would be a bloodbath that makes Tiannamen Square look like child's play.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I hear those tanks a clankin',

they're comin round the bend,

and I ain't seen no freedom,

since I don't know when.

I'm stuck in Hong Kong city,

and time keeps draggin on

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

And then all 24 Democrat presidential candidates will blame Trump/US policies, kicking off the pander auction to determine just how willing the high bidder would be to nuzzle Xi's junk

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So here's a strange picture from Hong Kong.

Aqb9KA4.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/world/hong-kong-police-fire-tear-gas

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The umbrellas I've seen used as a symbol of protest (opened inappropriately on a clear day) by showing clearly what proportion of a crowd is protesting particular things, and I have heard in Hong Kong that they are also carried because of their utility as a makeshift weapon when furled - useful in fighting Triad thugs

The American flag I suspect is just there to get under the skin of officials, much like USians carrying commie flags works over here

Top Bottom