• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    But this is how screwed up the US media is.CBS calling Putin the new Hitler.Sadly I am am not joking.Putin new Hitler of 21st century? | Watch the video - Yahoo Finance
    Ruskies bad...merca good USA USA!

Im trying to compile your info into a condensed version…so America is funding the antisemetic party while the russians are opposed to them or the other way around? With the john mccain deal, it makes it seem like that. It seems to me the whole reason Russia is moving in is due to Ukraine being in turmoil and no organization, not a full takeover at this point.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The bad part about all of this is that Russia has just as much to gain, as we do to lose. Everybody expects Russia to be a punk so when they act like one it's ok. We are expected to be a leader and show restraint. Any whiff of military action makes us look like a warmonger.

The solution is to find a way for everybody to save face, look like they won, without shots fired.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    There is no solution today. It'd be nice if he understood that he can't do anything about this. Rather than be shocked that his words didn't fix it. What frightens me is the shock in Washington that his nice speeches and pleasant voice didn't change Putin and Russia.

I really don't think the DC crowd is in "shock" that Obama asked Putin to do something, and he didn't do it.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Not wear mom-pants to a baseball game, and throw like a girl.

We need a President that other countries are afraid of.

I've never agreed with this notion, and I have always associated it with a certain demographic of staunch conservatives; and not demonstrated among the conservatives I most respect.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've never agreed with this notion, and I have always associated it with a certain demographic of staunch conservatives; and not demonstrated among the conservatives I've grown to respect.

I say this in a jocular fashion, but only to an extent.

There is nothing confident, self-respecting, or powerful about the Liberal ideology. It exists and desires to make people weak, and dependent. Long gone are the days of "rub some dirt on it"... but now you're rushing children to the hospital for falling off of a bike, and demanding the gov (and your neighbors) pay for it.

There is no more walking uphill, both ways, to get to your third job. If there's snow on the ground today, people think it's abuse and injustice when their boss tells them to go to work.

People are weak. My comment is on this President's ideology of weakness. The world recognizes it.

---

So Russia is telling Ukraine to surrender, or face a military storm.

I saw elsewhere that Ukrainians were signing up for the military. Their President (or former prez) says he'll take up arms and fight for his country.

Just another reason to love the 2nd Amendment here.

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    There is no more walking uphill, both ways, to get to your third job. If there's snow on the ground today, people think it's abuse and injustice when their boss tells them to go to work.

People are weak. My comment is on this President's ideology of weakness. The world recognizes it.

Just another reason to love the 2nd Amendment here.

1. I agree.

2. I do get that too.

3. Big time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oleksiy Kirchkov, a deputy commander of Ukraine Navy said "declined to meet the ultimatum, will stay till the very end”

This is getting a bit weird. FLOTUS is traveling to China, of all effing places. China has already said they back Russia's move into Ukraine. NK practicing missiles off the coast...

These people building up into some major provocation? Like someone said before, WW1 was started for less.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Not have a history of weakness. Not wear mom-pants to a baseball game, and throw like a girl, and be a community organizer, and be all words/no action.

It's your demeanor. It's how you handle yourself and your actions.

Our President is all talk, and no action... so other countries know they can get away with whatever they like. How you think that Syria chem weapons thing played out? They didn't do anything we told them to do.

Iran? Still building nukes. Norks still launching missiles. Russia still invading Ukraine.

The way Russian troops are moving in Crimea makes you wonder just how long they've had these plans in place. (Hint: Years.)

We need a President that other countries are afraid of. At some point he needs to realize his words are not a superpower. Every time he goes on TV telling other nations to stop doing something, the world rolls their eyes. He is a coward, he is not the Leader of the Free World.

This is why we made such a big deal out of Benghazi. The incompetence is systematic in this Obama administration. Americans are in danger.

also, this just in:

Who elected Obama for the office of Leader of the Free World?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Who elected Obama for the office of Leader of the Free World?

Seems to have been part of the bargain since 1945.

If he's not, then can our allies start paying their own fair share of defense expenditures, and maybe we can draw down the debt some?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Where do the Ruskies get off invading a sovereign nation to "protect" people who have ties to Russia. I understand, Russia has a naval base. So, why are there 6,000 troops protecting the "people" of a sovereign nation? This makes no sense when you look at it, unless you understand what having complete rights to a warm water naval base does for Russia. Either way you look at it, something is not kosher.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    If we get into this with Russia, at some point we're both going to exhaust enough resources for China to step in and ***** slap everyone. Then we'll be learning to speak Mandarin in order to say "Yes, sir!" to our masters.

That's about the only way they'll ever see any of those $TRILLION$ "we" owe them, by making us work it off for them. :twocents:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm sure missile defense was probably all it was about...

[video=youtube;iYGsadcBiFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYGsadcBiFA[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oleksiy Kirchkov, a deputy commander of Ukraine Navy said "declined to meet the ultimatum, will stay till the very end”

This is getting a bit weird. FLOTUS is traveling to China, of all effing places. China has already said they back Russia's move into Ukraine. NK practicing missiles off the coast...

These people building up into some major provocation? Like someone said before, WW1 was started for less.

Uhhhh... China "backs" Russia moving into the Ukraine? I don't think that's quite right.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Russia is now saying that Ukrainian forces are to clear out of the Crimea by 5am Tuesday or face a "Military Storm."

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    However, I disagree with with us doing the same thing in similar circumstances. I, compared earlier in this thread, the sheer size of the Crimea, to the port city of Hong Kong (10,000 sq miles vs less than 500). The only realistic possibility I could see that comes anywhere close would be the Canal Zone (back when we had rights to it) and the subsequent Invasion of Panama. In that case, the US did not invade, until Americans had been fired upon, and Panama had officially declared war on the US.
    You're probably right, it's not like we would invade a sovereign nation over trumped up charges of WMD's so we could protect our financial interests and fight a war there for 10 years or anything.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Seems to have been part of the bargain since 1945.

If he's not, then can our allies start paying their own fair share of defense expenditures, and maybe we can draw down the debt some?
    So the whole world got to vote or are Americans the only ones professional enough to vote for the Leader of the Free World?

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So the whole world got to vote or are Americans the only ones professional enough to vote for the Leader of the Free World?

Can you suggest someone better? The term 'Merica didn't come about because we were petty nothings.

America runs the world, that's how it is, and we should remain the #1 superpower. We lead in all things important.

Top Bottom