• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Is there a scenario where the armed forces would need quantity without any quality?
    I happen to think we are coming to a reality where quantity will be required to achieve the tasks assigned.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is there a scenario where the armed forces would need quantity without any quality?
    I happen to think we are coming to a reality where quantity will be required to achieve the tasks assigned.

What do you see driving the major change that would lead to a full mobilization/WWII scenario? I'm in the "everyone with a Blue-ID not medically retired will be back on active duty before there's a draft" camp even though that requires a full-mob and a draft does not.

I used to get letters from the Air Force Reserve Personnel Center (AFRPC). The address was identical to the correspondence I get from DFAS for my retired pay (rank as SMS, not SMSgt). I always thought there was a reason for that, they know where I live and where I bank would be the reason. When I passed the 30 year service commitment point (21.5 active duty, 8.5 retired reserve status) in 2016 I stopped getting letters. The USAF sees me as just "retired". The DoD on the other hand sees me as a retired for more than 5 years and under 60. It's been a while since I looked at Title 10 USC, but I think the age 60 thing may not be there anymore.

I was in two different career fields in the USAF. Prior to being a Manpower and Organization Analyst (yes I can help you with Microsoft Excel) my last 8 years I was Inventory Management/Supply Management/they kept changing the name I was a Supply Troop for 13 years. The letters I'd get from the AFRPC always listed both my career fields (primary was MO Analyst, secondary was Supply Puke) and it showed I was still fully qualified in Supply even though I'd last been on a forklift in 1999.

Getting back to your "quantity over quality" comment NKBJ, I always thought if I ever ended up back in uniform it would be in Supply. Regionalization of a lot of functions that were previously at base-level lead to the Supply career field shrinking by the thousand. If you're going to support a crap-ton of deployed locations, you need a crap-ton of Supply Troops.

I wouldn't recognize an Air Force Supply computer system today. There are some aspects of Supply that haven't really changed since the invention of ball-point pens, motorized trucks, the forklift, and large shelving units in warehouses. I came across my Air Force Drivers License in my wallet the other day. I could drive about anything with wheels and the expiration date says indefinite. Hhhmmm...

A lot of quantity needed in large-scale operations could be guys like me. I've said before if I ever get recalled to AD it'll be "come as you are, three different camo patterns and a bandolier of 00 Buck" because things are going REAL bad at that point. A full-mob takes Congress actually declaring a war. Full-mob with no draft? ****, that would sell politically.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A Russian fighter plane intercepted an American Navy aircraft flying in international airspace over the Mediterranean Sea 3 times over the course of 175 minutes on Tuesday, the U.S. 6th Fleet says

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    fYnCPpm.jpg

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yo Kelly.
    My thinking is that the neocon zionists' dreams* are far from dead yet even though the Trump presidency has slowed the schedule, and back to Iraq is the future for regional dominance. That if this doesn't stop then at some point another raison du jour pops up and away we go. Any how, that's what it looks like to me right now.

*Pearl Harbor like event, 7 countries in 5 years, from the Nile to the Euphrates, yaddah yaddah.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    A Russian fighter plane intercepted an American Navy aircraft flying in international airspace over the Mediterranean Sea 3 times over the course of 175 minutes on Tuesday, the U.S. 6th Fleet says

Pass #2 was 'unsafe' and included a brush off which induced wake turbulence. It was no doubt a commanded event as Ruskie pilots have little freedom of autonomous activity.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw Martha MacCallum interview Army Secretary Esper at Normandy earlier this evening. She asked him if he thought there would ever be another draft. He tried his best to dodge it with "We have a very good and very diverse force with the volunteers..." but he wanted to say, "OH HELLZ NO!! We'll bring back EVERY Blue-ID Mafia retiree before there is EVER another draft!"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shipping boats were attacked with torpedoes, apparently? Something related to Japan, and Norway?

Edit:

Japanese PM goes to Iran.
    Tanker with Japanese cargo gets attacked.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Shipping boats were attacked with torpedoes, apparently? Something related to Japan, and Norway?

Edit:

Japanese PM goes to Iran.
    Tanker with Japanese cargo gets attacked.
    Plausible deniability. Why would we target a Japanese vessel when the PM is here?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ChiComs claim the "large explosion" was blasting at a rock quarry...big enough to register as an earthquake in NK. :rolleyes:

That's nothin.
    My wife added an additional room to our basement when she fell out of bed........ and a laundry shoot. Win-Win. :rockwoot:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In the column of "rumors of war" (instead of actual wars), Pence canceled an event in New Hampshire to go back to DC for an "emergency" at roughly the same time Putin calls an emergency meeting of his defense team.

Could be totally coincidental.

Top Bottom