• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

The Greeks have pretty much been a PITA since the WWI era. They can't/won't decide who they want to be friends with and are always broke due to gov't corruption. If it weren't for geography, I would say let the Russians have them...heck, maybe we should cut'em loose anyway.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Russia is in the same position as North Korea and Pakistan, they can start the war they want but they can not win it...without nukes. Russia is not as concerned with Europe as they are with China. Their policy has always been to use nukes on them as an up front policy. Tactical first, all out next.

With us, their go to card with be nukes up front...they have no chance otherwise; and despite that no real solution other than trying to survive the wasteland afterwards. As bad as our programs are they actually make us look good; which is a sad statement on the human race I think.

Last edited:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The Greeks have pretty much been a PITA since the WWI era. They can't/won't decide who they want to be friends with and are always broke due to gov't corruption. If it weren't for geography, I would say let the Russians have them...heck, maybe we should cut'em loose anyway.

Gives them another warm water port to park their Navy and effectively cedes half of the Med to them. Not so sure Italy, France, et al, would appreciate it . . .

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    The Greeks have pretty much been a PITA since the Balkan Wars They can't/won't decide who they want to be friends with and are always broke due to gov't corruption. If it weren't for geography, I would say let the Russians have them...heck, maybe we should cut'em loose anyway.

A slight edit from me and I agree on the warm water port being an issue. But if the EU members around there are not worried.......Interesting the government corruption in Greece has transcended time periods and varying forms of governemnet from Kingdom in the 1800's to democarcies, dictatorships, military juntas, and now relative democracy.....but all involved cash in trash bags changing hands......Awesome place to visit though and sill somehow, great food.

Gives them another warm water port to park their Navy and effectively cedes half of the Med to them. Not so sure Italy, France, et al, would appreciate it . . .

Do France and Italy still contribute to NATO missions? Looks like they should build up their navies if we are scaling back our world role...

Putin made the call? Interesting.

I bet Vlad is offering Russian ground troops to take out IS and wants Eastern Ukraine for Russia. at least a landbridge to Crimea......

Do the Russians still have a navy base in Syria?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A slight edit from me and I agree on the warm water port being an issue. But if the EU members around there are not worried.......Interesting the government corruption in Greece has transcended time periods and varying forms of governemnet from Kingdom in the 1800's to democarcies, dictatorships, military juntas, and now relative democracy.....but all involved cash in trash bags changing hands......Awesome place to visit though and sill somehow, great food.

Do France and Italy still contribute to NATO missions? Looks like they should build up their navies if we are scaling back our world role...

I bet Vlad is offering Russian ground troops to take out IS and wants Eastern Ukraine for Russia. at least a landbridge to Crimea......

Do the Russians still have a navy base in Syria?

Deal!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The West Has to Act Now to Defend Ukraine

Daalder & Rifkind: Ending Ukraine crisis "requires direct US & British involvement"

PtTEbQS.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Russia Jamming Technology Poses Challenge for Allied Forces, U.S. Officials Say - WSJ
    U.S. officials said Russia has invested heavily in technology designed to both intercept communications and jam radio transmissions, and it has developed new equipment to identify the source of allied transmissions. Intelligence officials also say Russia has become better at masking its own communications to keep its planned military movements secret.
    Now, I remember the counter-intel [strike]propaganda[/strike] publication "Soviet Military Power" and it had some pretty outlandish claims about Soviet capabilities.

But, if Russia really can jam our communications, and I've also read they may be able to jam GPS guidance systems, then Putin would feel a healthy measure of confidence.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Russia Jamming Technology Poses Challenge for Allied Forces, U.S. Officials Say - WSJ

Now, I remember the counter-intel [strike]propaganda[/strike] publication "Soviet Military Power" and it had some pretty outlandish claims about Soviet capabilities.

But, if Russia really can jam our communications, and I've also read they may be able to jam GPS guidance systems, then Putin would feel a healthy measure of confidence.

If they have tanks breaking down during the middle of the May Day Parade, have to order warships from France, and still have yet to rout the Ukranians in the east, I'm going have a hard time believing that the pulled off a legit jamming tech that we would need to worry about.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don't sell the Sovs short, Kut. They have excellent engineers who have done some amazing things without having access to all the computing power that we have.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom