• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Number one donor to the Clinton foundation for 2012,2013,and 2014 Ukrainian oligarchs.Nearly double the donations compared to any other group of foreign donors.One donor alone Mr. Pinchuk has donated roughly $13.1 million since 2013.Mr. Schoen arranged roughly a dozen meetings with State Department officials from September 2011 to November 2012 on behalf of or with Mr. Pinchuk. At times those meetings overlapped with Mr. Pinchuk’s other involvements with the Clintons. For instance, in 2012, Mr. Pinchuk took a break from the Clinton Global Initiative to meet upstairs in a hotel suite with Melanne Verveer, a close aide to Mrs. Clinton(Just FYI former Ukrainian presidents son,and one of the 225 richest people on earth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Pinchuk He is the man that gave Joe Bidens son a company to run(Ukraine's largest gas company).
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/13/u...ian-executive-with-ties-to-clintons.html?_r=0

Clinton Foundation Donors: List Revealed

Clinton Foundation?s Deep Financial Ties to Ukrainian Oligarch Revealed | Zero Hedge

To serve in the government of Ukraine,one by law has to be Ukrainian.
    American Natalie Jaresko, who runs private equity fund Horizon Capital(which just happens to be a primary dealer for the Federal Reserve). She will now be Ukraine’s Finance Minister(after giving up US citizenship,and being given Ukrainian citizenship by a vote of the Ukrainian parliament last month).
    Ukraine Goes Abroad for Government Ministers - WSJ

Ukraines largest gas company is now headed by Joe Bidens son.
    Biden?s Son Gets Ukrainian Oil Company Gig - ABC News

The US taxpayer just guaranteed Ukrainian bonds until 2019.
    US Taxpayers To Fund Ukraine Bailout With Bond Guarantee | Zero Hedge

"Qu Xing, China's ambassador, was quoted by state news agency Xinhua late on Thursday as blaming competition between Russia and the West for the Ukraine crisis, urging Western powers to "abandon the zero-sum mentality" with Russia.

"He said the "nature and root cause" of the crisis was the "game" between Russia and Western powers, including the United States and the European Union.
    "He said external intervention by different powers accelerated the crisis and warned that Moscow would feel it was being treated unfairly if the West did not change its approach.
    "'The West should abandon the zero-sum mentality, and take the real security concerns of Russia into consideration,' Qu was quoted as saying.

John McCain may find himself 'back in the (former) USSR' more frequently as the Senator landed on Ukrainian President Poroshenko's list of advisers.
    Ukraine appoints US senator McCain presidential aide

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has appointed John McCain, a hawkish US senator who has pressed Washington to send lethal weapons to war-torn Ukraine, as his advisor, his administration said.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No argument with you about the Soviets' innovation, especially in terms of IFVs; but they tended toward "simplicity" , probably because most of their maintainers and users were two-year conscripts and "reservists". I was taught their helicopters, while formidable in some respects, were designed for a 600 hr useful life. I'm sure they got the most out of their equipment, but I'm wondering if they will have the same sorts of problems we had with fielding the M1, the Bradley, and the Stryker, while simultaneously trying to recreate the massive armies they had before the Soviet retrenchment.

Doubtful. Russian R&D is sorely lacking.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Doubtful. Russian R&D is sorely lacking.

Don't follow your point, Kut. Can you explain a bit more what you mean?

My own expectation is that Blackhawk2001 may well be correct. Actual fielding of a new family of AFV's likely will have teething problems. Not necessarily from an R&D standpoint, but in terms of training, development of new doctrine and training to instill it, and maintenance and supply issues. Design defects and manufacturing defects will certainly be part of it, too.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think he's saying their problems will be worse. ;) :)

However, Russians also tend to build things more mechanically straightforward, so there might be fewer issues. Their fighter jets are pretty solid and effective.

And when it comes to quality testing/implementing... well... "Osprey."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Russian planes fly near US warship in Black Sea - BBC News

"The crew of the ship acted provocatively and aggressively, which concerned the operators of monitoring stations and ships of the Black Sea Fleet," according to a military source quoted by Russian state media.
    "Su-24 attack aircraft demonstrated to the American crew readiness to harshly prevent a violation of the frontier and to defend the interests of the country."
    Pentagon spokesman Col Steve Warren said on Monday that the Russian planes were not armed with weapons and the USS Ross maintained its course.
    The ship's deployment to the Black Sea had been publicly announced, the Pentagon added.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Heck, I'd like to visit.

Agreed. But there is a more "friendly" place in Serbia that offers the same thing to foreigners. I know someone who went there and shot a bunch of cool stuff several years ago. I was a little surprised given the fairly recent history between our two countries, but he said the people there really didn't hold a grudge about the U.S. bombing their country, they just couldn't understand why we were doing it...especially since they said they saw the writing on the wall RE: 9/11 and that we should have been on their side from the start due to the World Trade Center bombing. Most people there seem to just want to forget about that war and move on, but that was the view of the guys renting the guns and making the money...the grunts who actually did the work of setting up the guns (and who didn't speak English) didn't like ANY foreigners because it meant they couldn't drink on duty. I don't know what they were wanting to drink, but I hear that they have a unique brandy-type liquor that is very popular. They also have a really good military museum in Belgrade https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Museum,_Belgrade
    An interesting place to say the least, I hope to be able to visit Serbia myself someday.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Agreed. But there is a more "friendly" place in Serbia that offers the same thing to foreigners. I know someone who went there and shot a bunch of cool stuff several years ago. I was a little surprised given the fairly recent history between our two countries, but he said the people there really didn't hold a grudge about the U.S. bombing their country, they just couldn't understand why we were doing it...especially since they said they saw the writing on the wall RE: 9/11 and that we should have been on their side from the start due to the World Trade Center bombing. Most people there seem to just want to forget about that war and move on, but that was the view of the guys renting the guns and making the money...the grunts who actually did the work of setting up the guns (and who didn't speak English) didn't like ANY foreigners because it meant they couldn't drink on duty. I don't know what they were wanting to drink, but I hear that they have a unique brandy-type liquor that is very popular. They also have a really good military museum in Belgrade https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Museum,_Belgrade
    An interesting place to say the least, I hope to be able to visit Serbia myself someday.

Likely Plum Brandy. Slevovitsa I believe.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom