• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Just remember two sides to a story.The OSCE has condemed the Ukrainian government weekly as well,and has more than 40 open investigations of "indiscriminate shelling by the government of Ukraine".

TASS: World - OSCE gets down to inquiry into shelling of bus stop in Donetsk

Even the UN condemned the shelling of civilian areas by Kiev(even the US state department).
    State Department of the USA is condemning the shelling of bus stop in Donetsk and calls to carry out strict investigation of it. Such position was set out by the official representative Jane Psaki. She reminded that range of incident happened for the last several days in the South-East of Ukraine, and they are being investigated by OSCE.
    ‘We are condemning longstanding violence and shelling of the bust stop that led to the death of more than 10 people’, added people. Psaki called all the parts of the conflict to assist to carry out the investigation. The representative of the State Department was asked one question several times; she was asked which attitude of the USA is to the use of heavy artillery by Kiev in the South-East that is very often the reason of deaths of peaceful population. And why are they ready all the time to condemn the militia of the DPR and LPR, but not actions of the Kiev authorities. Psaki in her turn called to wait for the results of the investigation.

Security Council UNO condemned the shelling of bus stop in Donetsk and called to punish guilty people | Novorossia Today

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    a Ukrainian journalist approaches what she thinks is a Ukrainian soldier (since he is wearing a Ukrainian military uniform and is carrying an AK) and asked him as they run through the battlezone, "tell me, what happened here?" His response, which requires no translation, speaks for itself.

[video=youtube;jW1JdOXdJkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW1JdOXdJkU&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534[/video]

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-25/out-my-face-please-why-are-us-soldiers-mariupol

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    a Ukrainian journalist approaches what she thinks is a Ukrainian soldier (since he is wearing a Ukrainian military uniform and is carrying an AK) and asked him as they run through the battlezone, "tell me, what happened here?" His response, which requires no translation, speaks for itself.

[video=youtube;jW1JdOXdJkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW1JdOXdJkU&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534[/video]

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-25/out-my-face-please-why-are-us-soldiers-mariupol

A guy speaking English means that American soldiers are on the ground? I would bet that if some sort of clandestine U.S. military arm is on the ground, they probably speak the common tongue. That clip only proves that a guy that speaks English is in the area.... assuming it isn't dubbed.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    A guy speaking English means that American soldiers are on the ground? I would bet that if some sort of clandestine U.S. military arm is on the ground, they probably speak the common tongue. That clip only proves that a guy that speaks English is in the area.... assuming it isn't dubbed.

Who said anything about clandestine?
    "“The United States’, our partner nations’, attempt to demonstrate our commitment to a people, a cause, a nation, is offered in different ways,” McHugh said. “But none of those ways speaks more clearly, more affirmatively about our commitment than when we send our men and women in uniform to train alongside nations that you’re seeing here today.”

US troop presence at Ukrainian exercise sends message to Russia - News - Stripes

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...s-to-ukraine-to-train-its-national-guard.html

Jan 23,2015
    American soldiers will be deploying to the Yavoriv Training Area near the city of L'viv, located some 40 miles from the Polish border.
    Hodges met Wednesday with senior Ukrainian military officials and said he was "impressed by the readiness of both military and civil leadership to change and reform."
    The U.S. is still determining the troop level needed for the training mission, which is part of a State Department initiative "to assist Ukraine in strengthening its law enforcement capabilities, conduct internal defense, and maintain rule of law," Pentagon spokeswoman Lt. Col. Vanessa Hillman told Defense News.

Back in Aug 2014
    http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/08/06/us-military-deploys-team-of-troops-to-ukraine.html

WASHINGTON — American soldiers will deploy to Ukraine this spring to begin training four companies of the Ukrainian National Guard, the head of US Army Europe Lt. Gen Ben Hodges said during his first visit to Kiev on Wednesday.
    The number of troops heading to the Yavoriv Training Area near the city of L'viv — which is about 40 miles from the Polish border — is still being determined, however.
    http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/land/army/2015/01/21/ukraine-us-army-russia/22119315/

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Good Beeb article on Russia and maskirovka which, of course, is not unique to Russia.
    BBC News - How Russia outfoxes its enemies

I found this anecdote interesting, as it was not reported in the West.
    Ukrainian novelist Andrei Kurkov says he is constantly amazed by what he calls "the fantasy and imagination of Russian journalists". One of the most lurid stories broadcast on a Moscow TV channel claimed that a three-year-old boy in Sloviansk - a town in eastern Ukraine with a mostly Russian-speaking population - was crucified... for speaking Russian.
    The TV report is still online. A blonde woman, her voice choked with emotion, tells a serious-looking Russian news reporter that the three-year-old child was nailed to a wooden notice board in front of his mother and died in agony. The mother she alleges, was then tied to a tank and dragged through the streets until she died. She adds that she is risking her life by talking but wants to protect children against Ukrainian soldiers who behave like beasts and fascists.
    "The lady claimed she'd witnessed this horrible story in Sloviansk," says Kurkov. "But then she mentioned the name of the square where it happened and this square doesn't exist in Sloviansk. There's no such place."
    As Kurkov says, the story doesn't stand up. It emerged that the woman eyewitness had a history of filing false police reports and her own parents said they thought she'd given the interview for money.

Again, this is not unique to Russia. I recall the runup to Desert Storm with the testimony of the young woman about Saddam's men turning off neo-natal intensive care incubators. Was hard to believe at the time, and if I also recall correctly, was squarely not true.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good Beeb article on Russia and maskirovka which, of course, is not unique to Russia.
    BBC News - How Russia outfoxes its enemies

I found this anecdote interesting, as it was not reported in the West.

Again, this is not unique to Russia. I recall the runup to Desert Storm with the testimony of the young woman about Saddam's men turning off neo-natal intensive care incubators. Was hard to believe at the time, and if I also recall correctly, was squarely not true.

Yeah, I remember that. It was reported that Iraqi soldiers were throwing the babies on the floor, and sending the incubators back to Iraq.

Top Bottom