• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Just to make clear information to those whom stated that they would not participate in this year's census:

After April 1 in a census year, all responses received by the Census Bureau will be compared to major lists of U.S. residences, that includes the CB employees that physically marked down every home within the U.S. with GPS coordinates last fall. According to the CB website, If your response has not been received -- or if you didn't complete all the questions on your form -- someone from the census will physically come to your address for that information up to three times. After the third visit, the CB has a multitude of avenues to pursue to obtain your information, including asking your neighbors for said requisite information.

Refusal to complete the form, or cooperate with the CB employee gathering information, can result in a fine up to $100. Providing false answers is subject to a fine of up to $500. Offer suggestions or information with the "intent to cause inaccurate enumeration of population," is subject to a fine of up to $1,000, as well as a year in prison, or both. Of course, no person has been prosecuted under this title since 1960, but I wouldn't be surprised if it suddenly came back into fashion.

Last edited:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Just to make clear information to those whom stated that they would not participate in this year's census:

After April 1 in a census year, all responses received by the Census Bureau will be compared to major lists of U.S. residences, that includes the CB employees that physically marked down every home within the U.S. with GPS coordinates last fall. According to the CB website, If your response has not been received -- or if you didn't complete all the questions on your form -- someone from the census will physically come to your address for that information up to three times. After the third visit, the CB has a multitude of avenues to pursue to obtain your information, including asking your neighbors for said requisite information.

Refusal to complete the form, or cooperate with the CB employee gathering information, can result in a fine up to $100. Providing false answers is subject to a fine of up to $500. Offer suggestions or information with the "intent to cause inaccurate enumeration of population," is subject to a fine of up to $1,000, as well as a year in prison, or both. Of course, no person has been prosecuted under this title since 1960, but I wouldn't be surprised if it suddenly came back into fashion.

No problem! :D
    Number of people in the house: 3
    All other questions:
    N/A (not applicable)
    DNA (does not apply)
    NR (not required)
    ? (why do you need to know this?)
    Etc., etc., etc. :rolleyes:

There are many ways to answer honestly and completely without answering "unConstitutional" questions. (Don't think they would be too happy with NOYB (none of your business)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I know a lot of people who don't bother to look at television, at all. I know others who only listen to a few select radio stations. It's easy to put a political spin on practically anything, but I know as a fact that many S-4's and G-4's are still buying $1,200 power tools and $300 hammers. Government has always wasted money and that will never change, regardless of political party or agenda.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I got my form in the mail today. I also got a "survey" from the Democratic Party. (I'm still registered D even tho I don't necessarily vote that way.)
    It's called the 2010 Presidential Survey. It asks questions about Obama's performance in several areas:
    Economic, health insurance reform, energy policies, foriegn policy, handling the war in Afghanistan, efforts to hand over responsibility to the Iraqi people, overall performance. Choices are: Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor, and Undecided. Unfortunately, there is no choice for LESS THAN Poor! :xmad:

The next section lists 14 "things" - asking to rate "level of priotity".
    The next section is titled "Democratic Party Priorities". (Rank in order 5 things) It's about what the Democratic Party should do. (I put as least important: "Reelecting President Obama in 2012" :D

There is a Comments section. I stated that I was NEVER so disappointed in the party, especially the president in my life! I also stated that I was embarressed, ashamed, and discusted. And that they should "get back to the Constitution and honor their Oath of Office! And to OBEY the Constitution!. :D

I don't think they will be asking for my opinion again. Another section asked for donations. I wrote NO all across that section.

Now, all I have to do is mail it in. (Oh, I forgot. The envelope it came in had "Registered Documents Enclosed" [I'm SO impressed! :rolleyes:])

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I got my form in the mail today. I also got a "survey" from the Democratic Party. (I'm still registered D even tho I don't necessarily vote that way.)
    It's called the 2010 Presidential Survey. It asks questions about Obama's performance in several areas:
    Economic, health insurance reform, energy policies, foriegn policy, handling the war in Afghanistan, efforts to hand over responsibility to the Iraqi people, overall performance. Choices are: Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor, and Undecided. Unfortunately, there is no choice for LESS THAN Poor! :xmad:

The next section lists 14 "things" - asking to rate "level of priotity".
    The next section is titled "Democratic Party Priorities". (Rank in order 5 things) It's about what the Democratic Party should do. (I put as least important: "Reelecting President Obama in 2012" :D

There is a Comments section. I stated that I was NEVER so disappointed in the party, especially the president in my life! I also stated that I was embarressed, ashamed, and discusted. And that they should "get back to the Constitution and honor their Oath of Office! And to OBEY the Constitution!. :D

I don't think they will be asking for my opinion again. Another section asked for donations. I wrote NO all across that section.

Now, all I have to do is mail it in. (Oh, I forgot. The envelope it came in had "Registered Documents Enclosed" [I'm SO impressed! :rolleyes:])

I got the same from the GOP not long ago either.

I'm sure that they were less than impressed with my answers.

That........and the forkful of spaghetti I "inadvertently" dropped on the form, that somehow I neglected to remove off the form before stuffing it in their envelope. Do you think that they'll consider that a donation?

I don't think that they'll be mailing me another, anytime soon.

And to think........I keep wishing that I would have hocked a lugie onto my census form before mailing it. Not that I didn't think of it at the time, but abstained for fear that I would have been charged with a crime. :nono:

ReadnFool

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Sheridan, IN
    Adds during the superbowl, letters to warn us about letters, and they are already over budget on the census. I was reading the other day that on fox news "Auditors also found the Census Bureau provided training to some 15,000 workers who either worked not at all or less than a single day -- at a total cost of $5.5 million. "

'

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    My wife was laid off after Christmas a year ago , she we collecting unemployement for a short time until called back to work.
    We recieved a letter from the Uemployment office about her 1099 , said it would be on the way and if she didn't recieve it she would need to drive to the office to get a copy.
    I too wondered why they just didn't pass on the 1st letter and send the 1099
    guess that is how the new "changes you can believe in" work

WeAreNotAlone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010

Yeah... benefits galore... more teachers and more desks, right? I heard that commercial too. :puke:

The real use of the census is to amass updated demographic data so the Federal Government can redraw the political districts within the states, to promote favorable elections the ruling party.

All that, and it is an easy (and unconstitutional) way to collect & catalog private information about US Citizens.

But scare people about "not getting their fair share" of Federal intrusion and look what our formerly free citizens turn into.

Watch out, you are now on that "special list"... (You've broken their code and they must neutralize you.);)

Besides the obvious misuse of the data the gov will acquire the problem I have with the Census is the threats of being fined for NOT answering questions.

It should be up to the citizen to offer up that info. As with any "survey" there will be people (like the good little sheap they are) that answer any and all questions, Others that don't. Once the data is collected they could (like most normal non-forced surveys) weigh the data to account for those that chose to not answer each question.

(With the above said I can see fining people for giving erroneous info on purpose.)

WeAreNotAlone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010

RE: Census Bureau employees
    physically marked down every home within the U.S. with GPS coordinates last fall.

GPS data....Computerized records..., data mining, list of subversives, lists of GUN owners, computerized library records, magazine subscriptions, credit card records, etc.

Sounds like a dream come true for those that have other things in mind for us.

In WWII if you were a freedom fighter fighting against the Nazi's you could be held (or shot) by the nice Policemen while they checked with Berlin to see if your "papers" were valid. It took a while so in most cases so they waved a bunch of people thru...

I wonder how WWII would have played out with government agents being armed with GPS's, tracking devices, Infrared imaging devices, Metal detectors and computers that can be programed to Track your movements via each and every purchase you make, book you read, phone call you make, etc...

Top Bottom