• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I wonder what type of fee will be included when the "grandfathered" weapons are registered, and if this would affect the transportation of the weapon to the range.

You can't be serious asking a question like this can you?

Well, I guess with all the SHEEP gun owners, this AWB will get passed in no time. I was wrong :popcorn:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I wonder what type of fee will be included when the "grandfathered" weapons are registered, and if this would affect the transportation of the weapon to the range.

As I said if they follow current suppressor, SBR, SBS, or MG taxes, it will be $200/item, however I'm unsure of what you are asking concerning the transportation to the range....

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Yes i would, if i HAVE to. I carry this gun daily and the last thing i want is a illegal weapons charge, i have a future to look forward to that requires a clean criminal record.

If they get their way, unless you are a LEO, I don't think you would have to worry about carrying it for much longer after passage. :(

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Yes i would, if i HAVE to. I carry this gun daily and the last thing i want is a illegal weapons charge, i have a future to look forward to that requires a clean criminal record.

Hmm, if we're at the point where an infringement of this grotesque magnitude is declared as law by the people we elected to uphold and defend our Constitution, what sort of future do any of us have to look forward to? When one is branded a criminal simply for defending one's dear life, one is a slave.

I have no intentions of enslaving myself. I have unalienable rights whether my government recognizes them or not.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    hahahaha

Once again, she owns herself. That has no chance in hell of getting passed.

Negative, apparently you do not understand basic concepts of negotiating. You never open with your best offer. You open with everything you'd ever dreamed of, and then cut through the BS from there.

The plan here, is to outline everything they want, no matter how crazy it might sound to you or I. They will eventually cut out the items they never planned to get passed anyway, all while looking like champs for being willing to "work across the isle", and what we will end up with is likely similar to the 1994 AWB.

I'm not saying I accept this outcome, because I'm doing everything I can to keep that from happening. What I am saying though, is don't be short-sighted. This is the beginning of a long fight, this isn't their final offer, and they have teams of strategists who are paid for the sole purpose of figuring out the best way to get these things signed into law. The worst thing we can do is discount this bill as unpassable, without giving much effort to the fight.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    628x471.jpg

Words can not describe how much I hate this old hag.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have not read the whole thread yet, but it seems to me that Sen. Feinstein is simply asking for everything in the hope that anything will pass. I suggest that letters to reps request that none of her ridiculous suggestions do so.

That's what my letters will do.

Blessings,
    Bill

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    well according to the proposed legislation, yes, it would be on the list; as would each magazine for it... so theroretically you would have to list the handgun, and each magazine over 10 rounds in the NFA; if it follows current NFA rules that means full registration and a $200 tax stamp per item. This would mean that my vz.58 and mags would cost me around $3400!

And who says the tax stamps would stay at $200 per?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I tend to agree with those that say the bill, as originally written (or should we say, bullet points listed on Feinstein's website) are little more than her wishlist for starting negotiations.

She KNOWS this thing is DOA in the House, and vulnerable red-state Democrats in the Senate aren't just going to rubber-stamp it given its obvious overreach.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of new (useless) legislation come out that makes our lives as responsible, law-abiding gun owners more difficult...but I seriously doubt its gonna be this.

That does not mean, however, we should not be vigilant and make our collective voice heard.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Please don't:
    1) Assume that your Senators and Congressman will vote no.
    2) Assume that other people will write letters.
    3) Assume that some sort of "compromise" won't happen.

Contact your Senators and Congressman yourself. Tell them you oppose not just the proposed bill but also any bill that dilutes or restricts your constitutional rights.

Remember:
    Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.
    Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Emailed:
    Dear Sen. Coats,

I have become aware of Sen. Feinstein's proposed "Assault Weapons Ban" that she has claimed she plans to introduce after the New Year. Sir, while I understand that Mrs. Feinstein is anti-gun rights and has created what amounts to a "wish list" of everything she could possibly want and then some, I would like to register my objection in the strongest terms to her proposal. The oath of office is to obey and uphold the Constitution, not to ignore, circumvent, violate and defecate upon it. As such, I would expect that you, understanding especially well from the last such fiasco she penned, would reject any proposal which limits, constrains, or in any way infringes upon the individual, natural, and Constitutional right to protect one's life and property by any means necessary, including force of arms.

To re-iterate, I would like some reassurance that Mrs. Feinstein's bill and any and all of its components will receive a "no" vote from you.

Thank you, and have a blessed New Year.

Most sincerely,

A slightly modified copy went to Rep. Rokita, too.

Top Bottom