• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Nice write up. I was about to post a link to your blog post here as well.

I break thing down as I see them in this blog post. As it stands with the limited information we have to go with right now, the proposed law looks as though it will not only ban most modern semi-automatic rifles but most modern semi-automatic handguns as well. You would be required to register your Glock and M&P's with the NFA.

Any firearm on the NFA plays by a separate set of rules. Unless exempted by the law, NFA items can not be transferred across state lines without a 5320.20 form being filed. Right now this takes months to get approval for (at least it has taken months for me). God only knows how long it would take when literally millions of people are filing such requests annually.

Anyway, here's how I see things: Military Arms Channel Blog: The AWB of 2013

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Say what you want, but the staffers do read all these, and thru these staffers they do gauge the opinion out there. I have also gotten a couple personal responses in the past. We need to drown out the antis

Ya, you better believe the staffers at least read them, it does work, why some don't think so is beyond me. I written some pretty un nice things to Lugar an always got a response back.....when I wasn't getting my unemployment after 10 weeks I finally gave up and wrote a nasty letter to Mitch Daniels.....I got a response back in like 3 days, then the "Indy" gal got on the ball and I got my back money later that week.....Also I wrote a personel letter how I felt about abortion, not everyone replyed back but I got a personal letter back from Dan Quayle....so ya high officials do read.

But its easier to give up and be negative for some.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If this thing happen to pass, then my 15 round Glock 19 will be a NFA item, correct?

So that means my Glock 19 will be worth more than a 1911.

Lol.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yes you should worry. The Republicans are so worried about holding together as a party that they are leaning even more to the left. In short, they are clueless. Let them know what they need to focus on.

So are the Dems. they have a lot of senate seats in red states up for votes in 2010

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Just sent this:Good Morning Mr. Rokita,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing you today as a concerned citizen. I have read Senator Finestein's proposal for a new "Assault Weapons Ban". In it, as written It calls for a national registration of a very large group of popular firearms. That is unconstitutional. She would have owners register tike common criminals. We are as a group, a group of outstanding individuals.

Make no mistake Evil is alive and well. Murder has existed on record since there were but four people on this Earth. It is this evil that all of humanity is faced with that is a reason some of us possess "Military like" firearms. It is our Inalienable right to protect our family, our friends, our neighbors, and if necessary our country from "all threats foreign and domestic"

Gun registration has lead to the fall of many free people. Hitler and Stalin are two that come to mind. In World War Two, Emperor Hirohito wanted to invade the US after his attacks on Pearl Harbor. It was Admiral Yamamoto that talked him out of it saying "that there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass".

The second Amendment has helped to deter the invasion by foreign powers. It has so far helped to maintain the freedom of the people of this nation. And It helps to remind criminals that they should reconsider their chosen occupations.

If these firearms that people like Sen. Feinstein are removed from our ability to own or we are forced to register them, our country will slip further down the road to tyranny.

I am writing this letter as someone that you work for. I voted for you. Please do not let my children grow up in a country devoid of their rights. Please vote against any legislation that is Unconstitutional. Please Vote against and refuse to even hear any law that would affect law abiding citizens negatively. Please enforce the laws we have. Criminals do not care about laws. But I do.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron W. Dorsey

Also just sent it to Sen Coats

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Blah blah blah. This bill will never get through.

It is an intentional overreach so that they can cobble together a more restrictive ban than the last one and both sides get to lie and call it a win.

Keep writing and calling. If we don't keep pressure on SOMETHING unconstitutional will get passed.

And since we have a Repub supra majority coming in, maybe write them to put something along these lines in? http://www.uscitizensassociation.com/pdfs/Recalling U.S. Senators and Congressmen.pdf

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Blah blah blah. This bill will never get through.

It is an intentional overreach so that they can cobble together a more restrictive ban than the last one and both sides get to lie and call it a win.

Keep writing and calling. If we don't keep pressure on SOMETHING unconstitutional will get passed.

Of course it won't... with all of us applying pressure.;)

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Letter sent to Coats and Rokita...put it out there that I am a father, firearms owner and a professional firefighter (all that have taken a beating this past couple of weeks ) but yet still do not support any restrictive gun legislation....we'll see...

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Will be writing representatives. We need to get the word out better on this petition and see what happens. Likely nothing, but we shouldn't have andy trouble getting 25,000 people to sign

jeff242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    I'm going to post this in a separate thread as well.Pass thiss around let's get her out of office! https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ution/TVq4dXPg

If proposing unconstitutional legislation were treason, then we wouldn't have any politicians at all, would we?

It's a waste of time. It's certainly unconstitutional, but it's not treason. And you won't get her tossed from office. She was my senator for 6 years, and she sucks, but California loves her.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Sent emails to Coats and Burton:

I am writing today in reference to the newly published Feinstein Assault Weapons Legislation. This proposed piece of Legislation is a direct attack on the Constitution of the United States of America and must not be allowed to enter into law! All law abiding citizens of these United States have a duty to protect this country and those who seek to undermine it. It is our right as Americans to "keep and bear arms", even if it is black and the magazine holds more than 10 rounds.

Criminals don't care about laws, that's why they are criminals and the "Assault Weapons Ban" will have no effect on anyone except every law abiding American citizen that legally owns their guns.

It would be greatly appreciated if you voted no on this and any future types of weapons bans.

Coach13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    All done, called everyone of them Senators and Reps. I doubt that this will pass but not willing to risk it so I am having everyone call that I can get. Thought is was cool when Todd Rokita's asst. said 'he will be voting against this, Todd is a gun owner and loves his guns"....:draw: Also thought it was a good sign when the phone was ringing in the background on each call and they said they were swamped with calls on the same subject! Donnelly's office was saying closed and VM was full.

Keep it up fella's!

Unobogus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    I never claimed to be very eloquent but this is what I sent all of my Representatives and Congressman. It is Illinois but I still feel the need to voice my concern. "Hello,

I wanted to voice my concern about the weapons ban that Dianne Feinstein is proposing. I am truly against this and all that it stands for. I believe this an all out attack on my 2nd amendment rights, and I hope you are not supporting this. Shooting and shooting sports are a hobby for the vast majority of the gun owning public and I don't agree with someone trying to take my rights and hobbies away from me and my family. With everything else that is going on in this country you now want to impose this ban, this is not only an attack on our rights, but think of all of the people that it will put out of work. Our unemployment numbers are too high already. We have to be able to think of other ways to fight crime and evil besides taking guns out of law-abiding citizens hands."

Thanks for your time and please do not support any weapons ban.
    Craig

Top Bottom