• dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    So much fail.

Police took gun.
    News babe asks how can we get rid of guns.
    Police are going to fix problem.

Good stuff.

Clerk had good shoot.
    Clerk is going to get another gun.

Bet he reconsiders off body carry. Hope that if he doesn't he at least stashes it in some other location as now anyone can see he plans.

I like how the reporter said he wouldn't even wait a day to get the gun back... wow they move fast there. I would guess back in a year would be surprising.

Also, even though I don't smoke.... Newports for $9.00? Wow

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If you go by that, everyone will have to turn in their guns.
    The hit rate in defensive situations suck, even for police.

Probably training and practice issues for both. I remember seeing a cautionary poster in a NY Sheriffs office showing a NY State motorcycle cop laying gunned down in the isle of a convenience store where he got the drop on some robbers but couldn't figure out how to get the safety off his new issue weapon.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Everybody that gets assaulted and defends themselves in Brazil is an off duty police officer, just watch ASP.

Everyone else is free game.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    https://chicago.cbslocal.com/video/...d-for-attempted-murder-wins-back-job-at-ford/

As I understand the story, Billy Cowart, Ford worker, union member, and licensed to carry a handgun, was attacked in the parking lot of the union local and shot two men in the legs. Both men were union members and I believe in leadership positions.

Police responded to the event as a shooter in the parking lot. He was arrested and faced several charges including attempted murder. Ford fired him and the union turn their back on him.

His trial was disrupted when the judge in the case faced his own charges for dropping a handgun in the lobby of the Chicago courthouse, which I have previously posted about on INGO.

A second judge was brought in, and Mr. Cowart pleaded self-defense and was found not guilty of all charges. (I believe it was a bench trial). There was a video of the incident showing him being attacked.

He then tried to get his job back and ended up in arbitration against Ford and the union. He was just reinstated in his job with one year of backpay. I believe the event occurred three years ago, and he exhausted all his savings paying for legal work.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    https://concealednation.org/2019/06...r646EZVaN6ldZlU6x5cRzDrQQ4gqmrlPk2gx83GRw7s38

Guy sits in car while girlfriend goes to ATM.
    Sees guy trying to rob girlfriend.
    Shoots robber.

:)

NORTH PORT, Fla. (WWSB) - Police in North Port say a woman was trying to get money out of an ATM when a man with a gun approached her. But her boyfriend, seeing the situation unfold, opened fire, striking the robber several times.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/06/...port-is-shot-multiple-times-by-her-boyfriend/

Good shooting too.

EDIT: Do'H! Scooped by Actaeon.

An hour late, and a dollar short.

tenor.png

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

What is an "intrusion suspect"?

Also, I'm thankful for Indiana Castle doctrine, under which the mere presence of the intruder in the home is enough to establish mortal fear, justifying the use of deadly force in self-defense. Apparently in California, the 77-year-old woman had to wait until the "intrusion suspect" inquired whether her husband was home and then made a move toward her, before she could establish mortal fear, justifying the use of deadly force in self-defense.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    FYI- This is from 2010, but it is true. Funny that it never comes up in any discussions about arming adults in school.

KD5DQwz.jpg

Top Bottom