• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    When your in Fort Wayne go to Coney Island on main street then tell me that Fort Wayne has no good food here. They've been in business since 1914. Get you 3 coney dogs and a bowl of chili, that is Heaven. :rockwoot:

I will only then accept your apology for the "no good food" comment :)

I'm downtown 3 times a week. I'll give it a try. It looks dingy enough.

If Mister Coney is an example well..... and still FW food does suck. Your main street place may be another exception.....:D

I say Cosmos can do it right.
    I'll be fueling up on the multigrain pancakes and :bacondance: before heading to 21st!

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    You know what's in Olga Sauce??

You'll be forever crushed........

It's plain yogurt. Nothing more, nothing less.

The bread IS made fresh everyday. Really every few hours.

The meet is a mix of ground beef and ground lamb. It's hand smashed into metal rings like a cookie cutter. There are smaller rings and they get bigger for the middle part. You pull off the rings, smoooth it out and slide it onto the the pole you see it spinning on.

Secret to their feta is it's frozen then ground in a food processer. Works great on the salad.

Scutter:
    I worked at the Olga's in Westland Mall in the late 80's.

Ate the Fairlane and Dearbon Heights ones as a kid and Juvinille delenquent.

Maybe in Detroit that's brown mustard, but here it's a spicy mustard, kinda like a german or Gulden's brand mustard, and is actually made with brown mustard seeds instead of the traditional yellow.

No, not sure what he was talking about. Brown mustard is spicy mustard like gludens or the French's brown mustard.variety which isn't bad.

OK, maybe I will have to make a trip back up there, lol. There was a little sushi place in the back of an Asian Market, I THINK it was in Troy. Hands down the best sushi I have ever had, and it was cheap too. It was next to a great mom n pop record store. I would browse the record shop, then the grocery, and get sushi to go....hmm, maybe living in Royal Oak wasnt so bad after all, lol.

Royal Oak is still cool. Noir Leather et al.

OK . There my responses and Olga secrets

Last edited:

jimbojr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    SE MI
    Sorry to say I am still here in the burbs. And it isn't all Colman's fault.
    Look who holds office their, Yup. you have seen it in the news. But the FEDS finally took notice and are weaving a clean up web. Bad thing is this has been going on for what 30+ years? It will take some "long" time to purge the system.
    If the auto's don't do their thing here then yes MI is doombed. It is so interwoven here it isn't funny. And our Gov here well I wont start this thread but Lansing has a bunch of out of touch leaders or legislators. But the people still keep electing them just like our DC folks.
    Tax spend tax spend hello we need jobs to spend.
    If they would have given everyone in the us a million dollars what 350 million of us we would have paid off bills and spent it on cars to stimulate the economy oh ya we only have beer and prostatution left as made in the US.
    And the DC folks could have saved us not the ginues bankers that messed up the world economy. But then we couldn't have these people that we pay to tell them the bonuses are to big only a millon not 5 million.
    :patriot: well this us to stand for something but out government must have misplaced it or sent it with our furture over sea's.
    Ok enough babbling.

Best Holidays to all.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    Thank God for NAFTA, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, Subaru, Cheri, Kia, Mitsubishi, Mercedes, and all the other wonderful foreign owned companies that provide the American consumer with so many choices! Looks like those choices do have predictable results! I know that I am enjoying watching my co workers count down the days to unemployment. It is a little difficult when the subject of feeding their children comes up. It's also a little rough when the subject of elderly retirees starving because their former employers filed bankruptcies on their pensions arises! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thank God for NAFTA, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, Subaru, Cheri, Kia, Mitsubishi, Mercedes, and all the other wonderful foreign owned companies that provide the American consumer with so many choices! Looks like those choices do have predictable results! I know that I am enjoying watching my co workers count down the days to unemployment. It is a little difficult when the subject of feeding their children comes up. It's also a little rough when the subject of elderly retirees starving because their former employers filed bankruptcies on their pensions arises! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Were you telling your custmoers Merry Christmas while trying to force them to buy an inferior product at a higher price?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I miss it. But I'm not going back to live there.

I bought my grandfathers hunting lodge up north. Maybe I have a place to go if the SHTF - but I'm pretty sure others would be there by the time I reached it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I watched a few videos on Youtube. The situation in Detroit is pretty remarkable. Literally a couple blocks from the stadium there are absolute slums. It truly looks like something out of a third world country.

I was really surprised to see that the high-rise buildings have also been taken over by the squatters. The business district was absolutely silent at 2PM. Some guy with a camera was filming a skyscraper, and zoomed in all the way to the top. All the windows in the entire skyscraper were either boarded up, missing, or painted with graffiti. Absolutely incredible.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    When your in Fort Wayne go to Coney Island on main street then tell me that Fort Wayne has no good food here. They've been in business since 1914. Get you 3 coney dogs and a bowl of chili, that is Heaven. :rockwoot:

I will only then accept your apology for the "no good food" comment :)

We just tried "Friends Two" Greek food was great. Souvlaki, Hummus and Gyros and Greek salad all good.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just watched several other youtube videos of Detroit. I hope you are all getting prepared as Detroit is going to spread to every city. Bamo's policies are guaranteeing it.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    OK. Necro thread answer for wtfd661.

I tried ft. wayne coney today as you suggested. It's was decent. The bowl of chili was like water though. I'll give it a solid B. I'll have to try friend's two that sailor suggested for some "greek" type food.

Meanwhile wtf661 I'll see if I can freeze some Senate or Layfayette coney dogs for ya next time I'm up. Even the Leo's chain would amaze.

I will say I did give Ft. Wayne coney a shot and they did kick Mister Coney's behind....

Top Bottom