• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'll note this anti-transparency law is applied retroactively. Odd. It covers other elected officials in Florida, but not all. Why, are some more important than others? Visitor logs that identify who visits the governor's office is a security threat/issue? Who's office is it exactly? Right, the citizens of Florida. Transparency is good, unless there is something not good to be seen. Nobody is asking for security personnel head counts, entry-exit protocols, etc. It's where is the governor going, why and who's with him. Establishment team D'tis has decided they prefer not share such data, retroactively. I leave the quote below... Emphasis mine.

"It strains credulity to suggest that hiding travel records could somehow prevent a security breach in the future," Wilcox told Insider. His position is that the public should know how taxpayer money is being spent to fund the trips, particularly because DeSantis's official stops — on everything from signing a bill into law to announcing new funding — often mimic campaign events with DeSantis ticking off his accomplishments or attacking President Joe Biden.

"How else can we know whether the travel was an appropriate use of public funds and hold those responsible accountable?" Wilcox asked.

For decades, Florida has had one of the strongest open records laws in the US, broadly providing reporters access to a wide array of documents, meetings, text messages, and emails. These "sunshine" laws, which provide public access to government proceedings, are part of Florida's state Constitution.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    From memory the last three governors of Florida ran for President, covering all the 2000’s, so why wasn’t this an impediment to them?
    Who knows, maybe there were issues we didn't hear about. Also, times change, maybe any issues are more recent ones, and these days the FBI is useless for doing anything that might help Republicans. So maybe some security protections are needed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The only way D can win is if Trump backs out or is removed.
    I'm guessing removed, by whatever means.

¡Ron! will also have to figure out how to navigate his upcoming #metoo accusation. The accusation could be true or complete BS, but the accusation will come. Then there'll be leaked docs that show D'tis is either racist, stupid, phony conservative or vindictive. Heck, it could be a combination there of, but the leak will occur. Maybe even some footage of "pudding fingers" eating without couth, if only for personal embarrassment. And that's all before he gets the nomination. Imagine the vitriolic discourse, blinding rage and possibly violent actions if he were to be the nominee. Oh, and have I mentioned the blatantly-biased mistreatment from MSM? The MSM will spew outright lies about him - and then repeat them endlessly! He hasn't even entered the race yet. When he does, the playbook will be opened and D'tis will find himself on the defense with little opportunity to get ahead.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hmmmm... How come new laws are being passed leading up to a potential DeSantis run for POTUS? First legislation paving the way for DeSantis to run for POTUS while retaining his position as Governor and now this? Do other candidates get the same consideration that this new law gives DeSantis?

Seems to me that DeSantis is special.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Hmmmm... How come new laws are being passed leading up to a potential DeSantis run for POTUS? First legislation paving the way for DeSantis to run for POTUS while retaining his position as Governor and now this? Do other candidates get the same consideration that this new law gives DeSantis?

Seems to me that DeSantis is special.
    Nah, maybe if he was a gay, black, trans, illegal alien, then he would be special.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And those with TDS aren’t going to question reporting that says what they want to hear.

Why did this need to be changed now? No one ever ran for President from Florida before? If this was done for Trump’s benefit I guarantee you SD4L would be all over it.

The people you imply have TDS have been on record in this and other threads doing the opposite of TDS. This confirms that you think anyone capable of criticizing Trump, even if they have complemented him or criticized his rivals, has TDS. There are people who legitimately have TDS. I'd like to see something that assured me that you can tell the difference.

As far as this story goes, it looks to me like the law doesn't really say what is alleged in the article.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll note this anti-transparency law is applied retroactively. Odd. It covers other elected officials in Florida, but not all. Why, are some more important than others? Visitor logs that identify who visits the governor's office is a security threat/issue? Who's office is it exactly? Right, the citizens of Florida. Transparency is good, unless there is something not good to be seen. Nobody is asking for security personnel head counts, entry-exit protocols, etc. It's where is the governor going, why and who's with him. Establishment team D'tis has decided they prefer not share such data, retroactively. I leave the quote below... Emphasis mine.

"It strains credulity to suggest that hiding travel records could somehow prevent a security breach in the future," Wilcox told Insider. His position is that the public should know how taxpayer money is being spent to fund the trips, particularly because DeSantis's official stops — on everything from signing a bill into law to announcing new funding — often mimic campaign events with DeSantis ticking off his accomplishments or attacking President Joe Biden.

"How else can we know whether the travel was an appropriate use of public funds and hold those responsible accountable?" Wilcox asked.

For decades, Florida has had one of the strongest open records laws in the US, broadly providing reporters access to a wide array of documents, meetings, text messages, and emails. These "sunshine" laws, which provide public access to government proceedings, are part of Florida's state Constitution.
    Did you ever bother to read the law?

It applies to the people that are given security under the law, and it pretty explicitly spells out who. If you don't get security from the state then there is nothing in their records

943.68 Transportation and protective services.— 18
    (1) The department shall provide and maintain the security 19 of the Governor, the Governor’s immediate family, and the 20 Governor’s office and mansion and the grounds thereof. 21

(5) The department is authorized to provide security or 22 transportation to visiting governors and their families upon 23 request by the Governor. 24

(6) The department shall provide security or transportation 25 services to other persons when requested by the Governor, the 26 Lieutenant Governor, a member of the Cabinet, the Speaker of the 27 House of Representatives, the President of the Senate, or the 28 Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, subject to certification by 29 the requesting party that such services are in the best interest ENROLLED 2023 Legislature CS for SB 1616 20231616er Page 2 of 4 CODING: Words stricken are deletions; words underlined are additions. 30 of the state. The requesting party may delegate certification 31 authority to the executive director of the department. The 32 requesting party shall limit such services to persons: 33
    (a) Who are visiting the state; for whom such services are 34 requested by the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, a member of 35 the Cabinet, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the 36 President of the Senate, or the Chief Justice of the Supreme 37 Court; and for whom the primary purpose of the visit is for a 38 significant public purpose; or 39
    (b) For whom the failure to provide security or 40 transportation could result in a clear and present danger to the 41 personal safety of such persons or to the safety of other 42 persons or property within this state or could result in public 43 embarrassment to the state.
    And here it spells out what cannot be requested.

The disclosure of such records, including security, 72 operational, and logistical plans; mansion security, facility 73 operations, access, screenings, and clearances; personal 74 information unrelated to official duties of the protected 75 individuals; risk, vulnerability, and threat assessments; travel 76 information relating to the protected person and law enforcement 77 agents and personnel providing the security or transportation 78 services; and identifying information of sworn and nonsworn 79 personnel engaged in a security or transportation services 80 operation or detail could reveal the means and methods of 81 providing the required security or transportation services and 82 could impair the ability of the law enforcement agency to ensure 83 the safety and security of the protected person. The disclosure 84 of such records could also endanger the law enforcement agents 85 and personnel providing the security or transportation services.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    And those with TDS aren’t going to question reporting that says what they want to hear.
    First of all, there are two flavors of TDS... the traditional anti- anything Trump says or does.

The other flavor, pro- anything Trump says or does.

Both equally deranged.

Why did this need to be changed now?
    The Orlando Sentinel requested all of this information in some 700+ FOiA requests and was arguing under Florida's sunshine laws, that it was entitled to it.

The information officer for the State Police indicated that, contra the Orlando Sentinel's complaint, that all existing FOIA requests would be fullfilled... BUT, with security information redacted.

No one ever ran for President from Florida before? If this was done for Trump’s benefit I guarantee you SD4L would be all over it.

Nope! No one needs to know the size and composition of Trump's security detail. No one needs to know the routes taken during car travel nor the specifics of his Mar-Largo security plans, procedures or layout.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I'm guessing removed, by whatever means.

¡Ron! will also have to figure out how to navigate his upcoming #metoo accusation. The accusation could be true or complete BS, but the accusation will come. Then there'll be leaked docs that show D'tis is either racist, stupid, phony conservative or vindictive. Heck, it could be a combination there of, but the leak will occur. Maybe even some footage of "pudding fingers" eating without couth, if only for personal embarrassment. And that's all before he gets the nomination. Imagine the vitriolic discourse, blinding rage and possibly violent actions if he were to be the nominee. Oh, and have I mentioned the blatantly-biased mistreatment from MSM? The MSM will spew outright lies about him - and then repeat them endlessly! He hasn't even entered the race yet. When he does, the playbook will be opened and D'tis will find himself on the defense with little opportunity to get ahead.
    Are you talking about the treatment he'll get from the MSM... or from Trump? Sounds same-same these days.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    That you guys care enough to fact check this nothingburger is a form of TDS in and of itself…
    Lol, I fact-check everything the MSM spews out... including the phony **** they said about Trump back in the day.

Apparently, I had TDS tduring he two general elections when I voted for him... and didn't know it.

Sounds like systemic-TDS.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lol, I fact-check everything the MSM spews out... including the phony **** they said about Trump back in the day.

Apparently, I had TDS tduring he two general elections when I voted for him... and didn't know it.

Sounds like systemic-TDS.
    If my brother said he would not vote for Trump under any circumstances I would tell him he had TDS. So therefore, I love you like a brother…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That you guys care enough to fact check this nothingburger is a form of TDS in and of itself…
    Wait. You guys make a big deal of it, then when we show you it’s actually ******** you complain that we found out it was ********? WTF?

Care to explain so I don’t have to suspect you don’t like factchecking when it exposes facts you don’t like?

Top Bottom