Upstate SC
    Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This! But then there is reality of the masses, it is an inane popularity contest, even here as evidenced by all the chatter that has nothing to do with delivering policy…
    Yeah, the ability to deliver should not be overlooked. I agree with that. Some people just don't like all of the extracurricular activity to go along with it though.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    History teaches us that marginally competent leadership can still go far with really good communication skills.

With all the news about AI, I've often wondered if a political party could take all the characteristics of mesmerizing leadership, speech content, inflections, eye contact, speaking voice, etc. and generate a "candidate" that would be universally believable and appealing. A leadership curia could simply present this computer generated image in place of a live candidate.

Really, I don't think we are too far from this now with Biden, except he's not AI generated.;)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    History teaches us that marginally competent leadership can still go far with really good communication skills.

With all the news about AI, I've often wondered if a political party could take all the characteristics of mesmerizing leadership, speech content, inflections, eye contact, speaking voice, etc. and generate a "candidate" that would be universally believable and appealing. A leadership curia could simply present this computer generated image in place of a live candidate.

Really, I don't think we are too far from this now with Biden, except he's not AI generated.;)
    I think I remember a post here of an article or something that someone tweeted that said a healthy POTUS is not necessary for a government to function. That means there are people behind the curtain already controlling everything which in Biden's case is entirely possible. So I guess an AI POTUS would not be out of the question in their minds.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Personality and character aren't supposed to matter as long as you show that you can deliver.
    How then do you get to where you can show that you can deliver?

TV and then the Internet made elections more of a popularity contest than ever before.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How then do you get to where you can show that you can deliver?

TV and then the Internet made elections more of a popularity contest than ever before.
    I was speaking about what's been said about Trump.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    From memory the last three governors of Florida ran for President, covering all the 2000’s, so why wasn’t this an impediment to them?
    Wait... which one/ones resigned or were forced to reign to run for National office (only Jeb ran for Prez, the others for Senate)?

IIRC, Scott completed his term and delayed taking the Senate oath for several days/weeks until his stint as Governor was over.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Also...

Florida House Speaker Paul Renner and Senate President Kathleen Passidomo both officially announced their support for a DeSantis GOP primary bid.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Also...
    Rephrased, “the establishment supports DeSantis”…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    DeSantis was a last-minute endorsement when he decided to weigh in only a day before the election. Not sure what he expected to accomplish there. I would imagine most voters had already made their mind up. It was a stupid endorsement that late in the game.

She had some other notable names though backing her like Pompeo, Cruz, Ramaswamy, James Comer and still ended up in third place despite having outspent everyone. Cameron beat both by a good margin. She also opted out of the final debate. Seems like the voters just didn't care for Craft no matter who endorsed her.

KY also came out big for Trump in 2020 by a margin of 25% so it still looks like he has some sway there. Don't think a DeSantis endorsement would've made any difference in light of that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom