• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The guy has a plan and is limited to two terms. Please figure out what you believe and stop telling me what I believe…
    why? A guy that tells other people they had TDS does not deserve that courtesy

I also have no record of telling you or others what they believe. You OTOH do.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    why? A guy that tells other people they had TDS does not deserve that courtesy

I also have no record of telling you or others what they believe. You OTOH do.
    “Please figure out what you believe and stop telling me what I believe…”

That is not telling anyone what to believe. I told you to stop telling me what I believe.

Your post read like TDS to me.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    “Please figure out what you believe and stop telling me what I believe…”

That is not telling anyone what to believe. I told you to stop telling me what I believe.

Your post read like TDS to me.
    Of course it does. A very narrow box for interpretation lends to a very limited way to interpret.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    D'tis also signed a law that allows him to hide who visits the governor's office, who he travels with, who associates with, his travels.... I wonder why?
    The law also extends to other ranking pols in Florida.

That isn't what the law says. It basically says the public cannot get the details of the security for the people being protected by law enforcement.

44 (10)(a) Records held by a law enforcement agency relating 45 to security or transportation services provided under subsection 46 (1), subsection (5), or subsection (6) are exempt from s. 47 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution. This 48 exemption applies to records held by a law enforcement agency 49 before, on, or after the effective date of this act.

Section 2. The Legislature finds that it is a public 55 necessity that records held by a law enforcement agency relating 56 to security or transportation services provided under s. 57 943.68(1), (5), or (6), Florida Statutes, be made exempt from s. 58 119.07(1), Florida Statutes, and s. 24(a), Article I of the ENROLLED 2023 Legislature CS for SB 1616 20231616er Page 3 of 4 CODING: Words stricken are deletions; words underlined are additions. 59 State Constitution. Information obtained by a law enforcement 60 agency authorized by law to provide security or transportation 61 services to persons, including the Governor, the Governor’s 62 immediate family, visiting governors and their families, the 63 Lieutenant Governor, a member of the Cabinet, the Speaker of the 64 House of Representatives, the President of the Senate, or the 65 Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, or for persons for whom such 66 services are requested by the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, 67 a member of the Cabinet, the Speaker of the House of 68 Representatives, the President of the Senate, or the Chief 69 Justice of the Supreme Court, the disclosure of which could 70 endanger the protected person, should not be disclosed to the 71 public. The disclosure of such records, including security, 72 operational, and logistical plans; mansion security, facility 73 operations, access, screenings, and clearances; personal 74 information unrelated to official duties of the protected 75 individuals; risk, vulnerability, and threat assessments; travel 76 information relating to the protected person and law enforcement 77 agents and personnel providing the security or transportation 78 services; and identifying information of sworn and nonsworn 79 personnel engaged in a security or transportation services 80 operation or detail could reveal the means and methods of 81 providing the required security or transportation services and 82 could impair the ability of the law enforcement agency to ensure 83 the safety and security of the protected person. The disclosure 84 of such records could also endanger the law enforcement agents 85 and personnel providing the security or transportation services. 86 The Legislature finds that the safety and security of persons 87 authorized protection under s. 943.68(1), (5), or (6), Florida ENROLLED 2023 Legislature CS for SB 1616 20231616er Page 4 of 4 CODING: Words stricken are deletions; words underlined are additions. 88 Statutes, as well as the safety and security of law enforcement 89 agents and personnel providing the security or transportation 90 services, outweigh any public benefit that may be derived from 91 the disclosure of such records. Therefore, it is a public 92 necessity that records held by a law enforcement agency relating 93 to security or transportation services provided under s. 94 943.68(1), (5), or (6), Florida Statutes, be made exempt from 95 public records requirements.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    9 D'tis also signed a law that allows him to hide who visits the governor's office, who he travels with, who associates with, his travels.... I wonder why?

Bull***!

Exempts law enforcement from disclosing security and transportation information that could ENDANGER the protected person (and the LEO/security teams) by public disclosure. Here's what it covers...

The disclosure of such records, including security, operational, and logistical plans; mansion security, facility operations, access, screenings, and clearances; person information unrelated to official duties of the protected individuals; risk, vulnerability, and threat assessments; travel information relating to the protected person and law enforcement agents and personnel providing the security or transportation services; and identifying information of sworn and nonsworn personnel engaged in a security or transportation services operation or detail could reveal the means and methods of providing the required security or transportation services and could impair the ability of the law enforcement agency to ensure the safety and security of the protected person.

The only identities it shields are the LEO and non-LEO providing security.

Bull**** false narrative from bull**** media sources... now aligned with Trump... until he wins the nomination, then they'll let loose with the avalanche.

It modifies the SAME law that ALREADY specifies who the state can provide protection for. Didn't "extend" anything. Further bull****.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Apparently both the MSM and Trump are afraid that DeSantis could win... the false narratives continue out of fear.

Reactions: oze

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bull***!

Exempts law enforcement from disclosing security and transportation information that could ENDANGER the protected person (and the LEO/security teams) by public disclosure. Here's what it covers...

The only identities it shields are the LEO and non-LEO providing security.

Bull**** false narrative from bull**** media sources... now aligned with Trump... until he wins the nomination, then they'll let loose with the avalanche.

It modifies the SAME law that ALREADY specifies who the state can provide protection for. Didn't "extend" anything. Further bull****.
    Devout Trumpers aren't going to question reporting that says what they want to hear. Doesn't matter who the source is. Business Insider has a left slant, and if they published negative stories about Trump they'd correctly point out the bias. But negative stories about Trump's Republican rivals, well those are accepted without due scrutiny.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Security details should not be open to the public.

Does anyone here think that there aren't progressives that would ask for travel details just to post them on the Internet for the whackos to see?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Devout Trumpers aren't going to question reporting that says what they want to hear.
    And those with TDS aren’t going to question reporting that says what they want to hear.

Why did this need to be changed now? No one ever ran for President from Florida before? If this was done for Trump’s benefit I guarantee you SD4L would be all over it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And those with TDS aren’t going to question reporting that says what they want to hear.

Why did this need to be changed now? No one ever ran for President from Florida before? If this was done for Trump’s benefit I guarantee you SD4L would be all over it.
    That wasn't reporting. It is the actual text of the law. Seriously, put down the Trump blinders and read the text.

They probably changed it because he IS going to run for President and they don't want people to be able to get information about his travel details.

Top Bottom