• foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    All gun owners deserve the hate.
    All Christians deserve the hate.
    All [insert trendy thing] deserve the hate.

Absolutes have no bearing on reality. There are bad people/things everywhere. The more time you focus on hating everything, the less time you enjoy things.
    Absolutes Absolutely do.

There is Absolute good and evil in this world. Failure to recognize that as fact is the reason we are in the mess we are in.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So on my street we may see a police car once a year. So a few months ago a police car and a deputy were going all through the hood.

Stopped in the street and asked if they could look in our shed and if we had seen a shirtless dude. I said sure do want me to get my gun. Very respectful young men doing their jobs.

They found him in the creek with the police dog that nom nomed him. Meth dude running to avoid jail I went HS with him he was a $hithead then and now.

I can’t imagine our local LEO’s acting like that. I had my second cousin pull me over years ago he gave me warning. He’s the Detective now we only have one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sounds reasonable, but I don’t agree with the premise of the request. It’s more than a “job” it comes with responsibilities that echo through society itself. Right now my opinion is leo’s deserve the hate. If I had went that route in my life I would’ve got out long ago.
    That's not "General sarcastic statement, not all inclusive." You're saying ALL leos deserve the hate. So you're saying every cop you've ever interacted with has been an *******?

There's a saying about that. "If you meet an *******, well, you've met an *******. If everyone you meet is an *******, you're probably the *******."

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sounds reasonable, but I don’t agree with the premise of the request. It’s more than a “job” it comes with responsibilities that echo through society itself. Right now my opinion is leo’s deserve the hate.
    Yes, there are serious responsibilities that come with this line of work. But the officers are not robots and there are honest mistakes made that get vilified. There are also officers who have no business doing this job. You think and entire profession deserves hate? Hate is a mostly useless emotion that requires a lot of energy to sustain.
    If I had went that route in my life I would’ve got out long ago.
    Why get out? It's a job that HAS to get done, someone has to do it. If not you, then who? If you couldn't handle the job, then you were probably never a good candidate for it. I've seen so many come and go. Those that get out of LE early were never very good to begin with most not sorry to see them leave. The good ones stay. They may change departments, but they do the job.
    I've been a LEO since 1997. I've seen the world and society change many times over. I've seen LE get significantly more professional, more restrained, and less violent. What HAS increased is the scrutiny, rightly or wrongly. So much that an officer farts in public and it makes Instagram and then the news. The news cycles makes it SEEM like it has gotten worse but reality is that the profession has gone the opposite direction.

It's a vicious cycle where the public demonizes ALL LEOs, keeping most people away from applying and current LEOs quitting, then wonder why departments are not being more selective in their hiring. Since Ferguson, there has been a significant decrease in applicants. The dept would have 1,000 applicants for 70 spots. Now 200 for the same 70. You don't have a felony and haven't smoked weed in the last week? You're hired.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What HAS increased is the scrutiny, rightly or wrongly. So much that an officer farts in public and it makes Instagram and then the news. The news cycles makes it SEEM like it has gotten worse but reality is that the profession has gone the opposite direction.
    I think this is a lot of the problem. We're constantly bombarded with 24/7 "news" feeds. I've likened it to fishing shows. They make it look like the pro is catching a fish on every cast in the 30 minute show. What they don't say was that they filmed for 8 hours (or more) to get that footage.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That's not "General sarcastic statement, not all inclusive." You're saying ALL leos deserve the hate. So you're saying every cop you've ever interacted with has been an *******?

There's a saying about that. "If you meet an *******, well, you've met an *******. If everyone you meet is an *******, you're probably the *******."
    We do already have one BigRed :)

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    This is a tad bit concerning...

What the fug!!!!! Lethal force to fight a tyrant like this should be legal! That **** would have ended with a toe tag on one of us! I never answer the door for police anymore, especially if i didn't call them.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    In Indiana, he might just catch lead.

Indiana Castle Doctrine and Police

The laws crafted using the Castle Doctrine in Indiana provide that a person is justified in using reasonable force against a public servant in certain situations. As outlined in Indiana Code 35-41-3-2(j), reasonable force against a public servant is permitted if the person reasonable believes that force is necessary to:

• protect the person or a third person from what they reasonably believe is the imminent use of unlawful force
    • prevent or terminate the public servant’s unlawful entry of or attack on the person’s dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle
    • prevent or terminate the public servant’s unlawful trespass on or criminal interference with property lawfully in the person’s possession or the possession of the person’s immediate family
    For the purposes of this law, a public servant can be understood to be a “federal enforcement officer,” as defined in Indiana Code 35-31.5-2-129 or “law enforcement officer” as defined in Indiana Code 35-31.5-2-185.

My dad is a lake county LEO and says this was implemented because several depts were issuing no-knock warrents and just kicking in what ever doors they wanted.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    All gun owners deserve the hate.
    All Christians deserve the hate.
    All [insert trendy thing] deserve the hate.

Absolutes have no bearing on reality. There are bad people/things everywhere. The more time you focus on hating everything, the less time you enjoy things.
    There is a difference here. And it has bearing on HIS reality. It isn't fair to say that based on your reality. It is relevant to the current state of things and politics.

LEOs are constantly and currently getting into situations like this. Probably not the majority but in the lime light for aure, just like the free palastine people or BLM. Christians and gun owners aren't out there violating people on a daily basis, but are atill getting hate from the left who view through their lens as evil.

I personally been on the **** end of a dealing with LEOs that I called to my residence! It changes your opinions. And i wont call the law unless there is no other option. I am still respectful if i encounter LEOs. Just like racegunz said you won't relate till it happens to you. I hope it never happens to anyone but it does.

But your definitely right on don't care the hate around, that eats at you.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, so many smaller departments just fly by the seat of their pants. It's incredible.
    Don't know where you are brother, but chi-raq isn't small and those guys are tyrants. Lol portage was trigger happy and would bust your door in, so i left. Now valpo and porter county have been good.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeblackwell
    Top Bottom