• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I have never been denied but know of five other people in my region of Indiana with the same exact name as me.

Had a guy on the same ship as me when I was in the military that had the same exact name as me. He had a bench warrant out for him on the base for a moving violation that he had never taken care of. I had rented a car for the weekend, was coming on the base to pick up friends and the DOD guards about arrested me. Only thing that saved me was my SSN being different from the other guy's.

I always put my SSN down on the form.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for the link. However, the wait is 3 business days according to the shop I am purchasing the gun from.

It is 3 days but could take upto 6 actual days

Per N.I.C.S.

The NICS Examiner will provide the FFL with the date of the third business day after the firearm check was initiated. Business days do not include the day the check was initiated, Saturdays, Sundays, and any day state offices in the state of purchase are closed. If the FFL has not received from the NICS a final determination after three business days have elapsed since the delay response, it is within the FFL’s discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm (if state law permits the transfer). If the FFL transfers the firearm, the FFL must mark “No resolution was provided within three business days” on line 21d of the ATF Form 4473. It is recommended the FFL record the date provided in the delay response on which the firearm may be lawfully transferred under federal law if a final determination of proceed or denied is not received from the NICS.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    Bass Pro told me yesterday that it may have been b/c it is my first purchase AND they said I have to wait a week, probably Co. policy. He did ask me if I live in Lowell also before even seeing my ID.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    that shouldnt matter(where you live)! Its 3 business days from the day after you called it in to NICS. Ive had them come back as early as an hour or two and as late as the day after the time period expired. The lifetime LTCH has nothing to do with it.
    Right before we got our FFL I got a delay because another guy(wanted for Felony child support evasion) had the same name,yes all of it which I thought to be odd but the SS# was different but the last time he was arrested he gave them my SS# and it was alot of hassle but it got straightened out. I asked the clerk how I could be a wanted felon as I showed him my badge. I went to Indy and got it sorted out with the help of a lady at the BATFE! Sometimes it just happens,not saying that youre a bad guy or that it makes it look that way just sayin sometime mistakes happen!

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I bought two a couple months ago in Plainfield with no problem. I admit it is a little nerve racking even waiting a couple minutes for the clearance!

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Never had a problem myself. I've purchased multiple handguns at once several times, again with no problems. Of course, as a law abiding person with no type of criminal record I have nothing to worry about.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I have purchased many guns and have not had a delay. I suspect I will get one sometime. I was not born in the US. I am really surprised that I have not had a delay.

guntrader#1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    fort wayne
    i have never been denied a purchase, but the guy in front of me at gander mountain was, he was pretty upset, it makes no sense if we have a ltch why can we be denied?

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    i have never been denied a purchase, but the guy in front of me at gander mountain was, he was pretty upset, it makes no sense if we have a ltch why can we be denied?
    Not to threadJack.........but the simple answer is, Just because an individual was deemed a "Proper Person" during the course of getting their LTCH, does not say they fit the requirements now.

gunshopgirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    have u checked on a volunteer appeal file? im not sure if that is just for people that get denied but i was told that the atf will issue you a pin number 2 put on the 4473s so there arent any hold ups in the future

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    have u checked on a volunteer appeal file? im not sure if that is just for people that get denied but i was told that the atf will issue you a pin number 2 put on the 4473s so there arent any hold ups in the future

This is true. I had to call and get a pin before I bought my 1911, because I got tired of getting put on a 3 day hold. I have a common name and I am a Jr. The guys a Wanamakers, put me on to how to get the pin.

Top Bottom