• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Alcohol mostly, add another 30% with speeding fatalities.
    But I learned here that speeding is safe.
    Smelled weed a half dozen times tonight. Got cut off by an Indiana SUV merging onto 69 in Coldwater. He was firing up a big fatty and heading south.
    I agree alcohol makes a significant percentage but damn, nobody was cracking a beer tonight.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Saw a lighted traffic sign tonight on my way home from the cabin. I think it was on 96 East of Grand Rapids. It said:
    30 percent of traffic fatalities are drug related.

Take it how you must.
    Since this thread is about marijuana, until they ONLY test people to show are they high on marijuana WHEN the test is taken, instead of just showing the person used it within the last month, any claim that an accident was caused by marijuana intoxication is HIGHLY dubious.

Imagine if they did an alcohol test that showed a person consumed alcoholic beverages within the last month, then tried to claim the accident was caused by the drinks they had a month ago, the outrage would be deafening!

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    My father and step father were as anti weed as a Conservative can get.
    Right up until one got Parkinson's and the other got ALS.
    Got a father in law who has suffered through Parkinson's for over 20 years. Was a devout Pastor for 10 years before that and never touched alcohol, let alone the Devil's Lettuce.

Watched him go from throwing full rolls over carpet over his shoulder and walking them into houses to barely being able to walk upright. Has been on multiple experimental medications that have destroyed his teeth, his bone density, and strangely enough, one that caused him to gamble away his entire life's work.
    Cannabis oil has been one of the only things that can get his hands to unclench. Takes his shakes down from a 10 to a 4. It's a small victory, but imagine being 100% flexed/clenched most of your waking moments- you would take any victories at that point. Anyone trying to tell him to pop more pills instead can kiss my ass. There is more to the story than just stoners and abuse.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Smelled weed a half dozen times tonight. Got cut off by an Indiana SUV merging onto 69 in Coldwater. He was firing up a big fatty and heading south.
    I agree alcohol makes a significant percentage but damn, nobody was cracking a beer tonight.

Nobody was cracking a beer? You sure about that? I bet there were more people driving around the that were under the influence of alcohol than marijuana.

Even so, driving under the influence of either is illegal. Just like murder is illegal and more restrictive gun laws won't make it "double illegal".

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Got a father in law who has suffered through Parkinson's for over 20 years. Was a devout Pastor for 10 years before that and never touched alcohol, let alone the Devil's Lettuce.

Watched him go from throwing full rolls over carpet over his shoulder and walking them into houses to barely being able to walk upright. Has been on multiple experimental medications that have destroyed his teeth, his bone density, and strangely enough, one that caused him to gamble away his entire life's work.
    Cannabis oil has been one of the only things that can get his hands to unclench. Takes his shakes down from a 10 to a 4. It's a small victory, but imagine being 100% flexed/clenched most of your waking moments- you would take any victories at that point. Anyone trying to tell him to pop more pills instead can kiss my ass. There is more to the story than just stoners an d abuse.

My sfather used oil on his hands and under the tongue and it helped his ALS he would say.

My brother in Colorado would mail me edibles and I would ship them to my father. Lol
    With his Parkinsons the edibles would make him eat. He was on enough drugs that would have kept three crackheads happy.

Kinda funny with both of their thoughts with the 80 years before using weed.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Nobody was cracking a beer? You sure about that? I bet there were more people driving around the that were under the influence of alcohol than marijuana.

Even so, driving under the influence of either is illegal. Just like murder is illegal and more restrictive gun laws won't make it "double illegal".
    Don't get me wrong. I like a sleep aide once in a bit. Just quoting the sign and relaying my experience driving home. I'm not against it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Cannabis oil has been one of the only things that can get his hands to unclench. Takes his shakes down from a 10 to a 4. It's a small victory, but imagine being 100% flexed/clenched most of your waking moments- you would take any victories at that point. Anyone trying to tell him to pop more pills instead can kiss my ass. There is more to the story than just stoners and abuse.
    Kind of makes you wonder how beneficial marijuana could be by now had our government not decided to brainwash the country. 80 years of medical research would have resulted in a far better understanding of the compounds and how to best utilize them for medical benefit.

The same can be said for a handful of psychedelics but our "leaders" long ago decided that having access to these substances makes it more difficult to control people so they were prohibited. Fortunately the lies are coming apart now, shame it took so long.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If you comsume caffeine you are an altered state a mind. And every culture since the first set of ppl 100,000 years ago have some form of mind alternating substance. Where it be nicotine to acholol to mushrooms from the ground to licking toads. Its nothing new. And its ingrained humans to do so.
    I think it was Bill Cosby that said, cocaine is a mind enhancing drug.
    What if you're already an a-whole?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Can't find the article but the REASON weed became "evil" in the US was because .gov had too many g-men at the end of the gangster era and prohibition and needed a new "enemy" was needed to keep all those g-men busy.

Thus make a plant evil.
    Then years later start the war on drugs with no intention of every winning it. After all too much money to be made "fighting" the war on drugs.
    ...and it was a popular drug among the black community.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    ...and it was a popular drug among the black community.
    No one cared when it was Black Jazz musicians smoking grass. (reefer madness was one of at least 18 songs about smoking between 1927 and 1945. )

When college kids started smoking rather than studying, the wealthy dads that paid the tuition got pretty up in arms. In 1937, the government was not passing out easy money for unproductive people to go to college so people who paid took it seriously.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Kind of makes you wonder how beneficial marijuana could be by now had our government not decided to brainwash the country. 80 years of medical research would have resulted in a far better understanding of the compounds and how to best utilize them for medical benefit.
    Big Pharma used to be very accurately called the "Patent medicine" business. As such they will never spend a dime to sell something they cannot control profits with a patent, even if it is healthier for the patients. They do not love humanity.

Sadly, the food manufacturing business seems to have adopted the same mindset, and since they both control Congress, Congress always rules for their benefit, not the citizens getting sick and weak.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Big Pharma used to be very accurately called the "Patent medicine" business. As such they will never spend a dime to sell something they cannot control profits with a patent, even if it is healthier for the patients. They do not love humanity.

Sadly, the food manufacturing business seems to have adopted the same mindset, and since they both control Congress, Congress always rules for their benefit, not the citizens getting sick and weak.
    I'm very aware which is why I get frustrated by people who will eagerly eat anything their doctor gives them regardless of what it actually is, where it came from or is actually made from while simultaneously throwing stones at people who would use a plant they can grow themselves for the same purpose(s).

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne

We get it. You have a different perspective based off a few anecdotal stories your wife told you. There are some people who shouldn't smoke or ingest marijuana because it may worsen conditions that already exist in them. The same can be said for alcohol- some people can't drink because they arent good humans and that comes out when they drink. What you are trying to post is the exception, not the rule.

This does not discredit the MILLIONS of people who use cannabis products regularly without any side effects, or the MILLIONS of people who use oils, tinctures, ointments, CBD, CBN, CBG and other compounds that don't get you "high" at all but provide physical and mental relief that can't be replicated in pill form.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We have so many people that are fixed on a responsibility free view of citizenship.

The ends of the opinions are: if you don't smoke at all, you will never have any negative effects, but if you do smoke you will become a junky. And certainly some irresponsible people have.

I have known high level, productive, truly genius people who have indulged occasionally since the 1970's, they are not part of either view.

Many traditional Italian families was down their Pasta meal will a little red table wine. I know many friends and relatives that have done that since they were 6 years old and are the finest, most responsible people I have ever met. They don't fit either view.

Same with Beer, many enjoy a beer responsibly for years, and never are drunks, they don't fit either view.

To have the view at either end you must be convinced that no one should be required to take responsibility for their actions, thus needing a nanny state to set strict boundaries.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    To have the view at either end you must be convinced that no one should be required to take responsibility for their actions, thus needing a nanny state to set strict boundaries.
    I don't think most bother to delve that deeply into it. They simply barf up what they've been programmed with and search out "data" to support it.

It's recognized and prescribed as medicine in 37 states now. Clutch those pearls boys, it's right around the corner.

Reactions: Leo

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We get it. You have a different perspective based off a few anecdotal stories your wife told you. There are some people who shouldn't smoke or ingest marijuana because it may worsen conditions that already exist in them. The same can be said for alcohol- some people can't drink because they arent good humans and that comes out when they drink. What you are trying to post is the exception, not the rule.

This does not discredit the MILLIONS of people who use cannabis products regularly without any side effects, or the MILLIONS of people who use oils, tinctures, ointments, CBD, CBN, CBG and other compounds that don't get you "high" at all but provide physical and mental relief that can't be replicated in pill form.
    The irony is some that pushed "natural medicine" for COVID, are against this natural medicine.

Not saying it's a cure-all, just saying to watch your biases, people.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    After trying many creams for back pain, a guy in the nursing home told me about CDB oil pain stick for muscle aches. Again, nothing that makes you high, just a natural oil that helps with muscle tightness. It is kind of a waxy thing in a plastic dispenser like a Mennon deodorant stick. Rubs on clean, started to work in a short time, didn't stain my T shirt and does not stink up the house like Bengay creams. I have only tried it once, but it seems like a good product so far. I have never been a fan of pills for muscle, arthritis and joint aches,

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Good thing everyone on the planet is exactly the same.

Our species wouldn't exist as it does today were it not for altered states of mental status. Like it or not, that is reality. Not everyone who utilizes marijuana does so to "get high". Claiming such does nothing but point out the ignorance in some opinions.
    Nailed it. Sure some people can't/won't cope with life. For some life is too much and they need a way to "escape" be it drugs, alcohol, video games etc.

Sometimes folks just need a little help taking the edge off. The problem comes with those who can't say enough. It's that' constant need to get more.

Some folks need more help than others to cope. I've known folks that like to use alcohol or weed to take the edge off and move on. I've had friends that need to get completely ****ed up to cope. If you need it that bad something needs to be fixed. They are treating the symptoms not the sickness.

But to bar folks from what they prefer/need to take the edge off bc some folks take too far is just silly.

Top Bottom