• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grinderman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2024
    Cloverdale
    We have somewhere around 400 million firearms in the hands of the public in the USA.
    Do you really have a fear they are going to take them away?
    No, but they've been trying since, at least, 1934. Sadly for them, I've heard there has been a huge uptick in boating accidents, which would make that much more difficult.
    And I've been hearing something like 550 mil.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So what’s the real devil here?

The real devil here is our societal acceptance and actual promotion of using chemicals to artificially tamper with our mental status.

Be it a smoke or a pill or a drink, the fact that we deem it as "adult" or cool or even normal says a lot about our ignorance to address obvious unnatural problems created by ourselves.

We don't need any law changes. What we do need is education and attitude changes to promote the fact that the artificial high ain't cool. It's not normal and not a way to live a thriving life.

Chemically altering our mental outlook and perception is a poor way to go for us and more importantly our future generations.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The real devil here is our societal acceptance and actual promotion of using chemicals to artificially tamper with our mental status.

Be it a smoke or a pill or a drink, the fact that we deem it as "adult" or cool or even normal says a lot about our ignorance to address obvious unnatural problems created by ourselves.

We don't need any law changes. What we do need is education and attitude changes to promote the fact that the artificial high ain't cool. It's not normal and not a way to live a thriving life.

Chemically altering our mental outlook and perception is a poor way to go for us and more importantly our future generations.
    Good thing everyone on the planet is exactly the same.

Our species wouldn't exist as it does today were it not for altered states of mental status. Like it or not, that is reality. Not everyone who utilizes marijuana does so to "get high". Claiming such does nothing but point out the ignorance in some opinions.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good thing everyone on the planet is exactly the same.

Our species wouldn't exist as it does today were it not for altered states of mental status. Like it or not, that is reality. Not everyone who utilizes marijuana does so to "get high". Claiming such does nothing but point out the ignorance in some opinions.

:)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I don't believe government should be doing anything outside of what the Constitution allows it to. I'm actually in the "remove all the warning labels" camp.

But when that same government wants to put me in jail because I smoke check some mental POS that's having a mental breakdown because of the cr*p he just smoked and endangers my family, well, I have a problem with that too.
    I also think that parents should take responsibility and raise their kids so they don't drink or smoke themselves to death, but that's a rarity it seems.

Government has the opposite of the Midas Touch, everything it touches goes to cr*p. They use regulation to fix problems from their regulation, and for some reason, we the people, keep giving them more power to regulate.

But don't worry, they'll legalize pot along with whatever else and criminalize the guns and their owners. Should be a good

I don't believe government should be doing anything outside of what the Constitution allows it to. I'm actually in the "remove all the warning labels" camp.

But when that same government wants to put me in jail because I smoke check some mental POS that's having a mental breakdown because of the cr*p he just smoked and endangers my family, well, I have a problem with that too.
    I also think that parents should take responsibility and raise their kids so they don't drink or smoke themselves to death, but that's a rarity it seems.

Government has the opposite of the Midas Touch, everything it touches goes to cr*p. They use regulation to fix problems from their regulation, and for some reason, we the people, keep giving them more power to regulate.

But don't worry, they'll legalize pot along with whatever else and criminalize the guns and their owners. Should be a good time.
    People do not have mental break downs from smoking pot. Just saying. And if you “smoke check” someone who is having obvious mental issues but hasn’t harmed someone you may be on the hook for that one. A guy doing 90 down the interstate is “endangering people but you can’t smoke check him either

Grinderman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2024
    Cloverdale
    People do not have mental break downs from smoking pot. Just saying. And if you “smoke check” someone who is having obvious mental issues but hasn’t harmed someone you may be on the hook for that one. A guy doing 90 down the interstate is “endangering people but you can’t smoke check him either
    Hence the "endangering my family" statement. And according to psych personnel, including my wife, they see who's having mental breakdowns and why. It's the lobbies that don't provide any of that info.

I understand the self defense side of it. Just saying there are a heck of a lot more mental health issues now than in years past, and obviously for many reasons.

Do what you like. I'm not enough of a hypocrite to tell a grown adult not to do something as long as they are not hurting anyone else. It's when they start hurting others that I have a problem.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Hence the "endangering my family" statement. And according to psych personnel, including my wife, they see who's having mental breakdowns and why. It's the lobbies that don't provide any of that info.

I understand the self defense side of it. Just saying there are a heck of a lot more mental health issues now than in years past, and obviously for many reasons.

Do what you like. I'm not enough of a hypocrite to tell a grown adult not to do something as long as they are not hurting anyone else. It's when they start hurting others that I have a problem.
    I get that
    Just for the record I haven’t smoked pot in 40 years

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette

If you comsume caffeine you are an altered state a mind. And every culture since the first set of ppl 100,000 years ago have some form of mind alternating substance. Where it be nicotine to acholol to mushrooms from the ground to licking toads. Its nothing new. And its ingrained humans to do so.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I wasn't trying to go that direction and I didn't bring up the 4473.
    My original point is that there are factors to the discussion that should be considered. I have concerns for kids who don't know how it's going to affect them. If your an adult, have at it. You are responsible for your own actions.
    :thumbsup:
    No one here is advocating for children to be allowed to smoke.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you comsume caffeine you are an altered state a mind. And every culture since the first set of ppl 100,000 years ago have some form of mind alternating substance. Where it be nicotine to acholol to mushrooms from the ground to licking toads. Its nothing new. And its ingrained humans to do so.

:coffee:

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Saw a lighted traffic sign tonight on my way home from the cabin. I think it was on 96 East of Grand Rapids. It said:
    30 percent of traffic fatalities are drug related.

Take it how you must.

Top Bottom