• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    What does that have to do with legalization?
    It happened at a smoke shop. When you need that next high but don't have the dough because you're a pothead and can't keep a job.

FWIW, I know I'm late to the party because I really don't care but decriminalize or legalize it, I'm still not going to use it. To my reasoning it's no different than alcohol - some know how to use responsibly but others lose themselves to the substance. And while alcohol is legal, things like driving until it's influence is not so the same will be with any narcotic. As a CDL holder, there's even OTC stuff I can't use and drive. And speaking of CDL, failing the drug screen is the most likely obstacle to many people who apply for a CDL job or lose a CDL job after the fact. Even when I was in school there was only one other guy who like me passed all the CDL testing first time out but he was denied the job because of his drug screen.

Last edited:

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    To me the matter boils down to a belief in "smaller less intrusive government". I believe in this philosophy regardless if whether it applies to something I personally agree with or not.

If a stranger want's to sit in the privacy of his own home and peaceable ingest marijuana it's not my business, your business and it's damn sure not the governments business.

If that person commits crimes against others than they should be prosecutor under the law.

Whether or not marijuana actually helps people medically or not or if someone is doing it for fun is not the point.
    That's not my business either.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't doubt that one bit. I wouldn't know that personally though so thanks for the insight.
    No problem. It's come up before when other stores were robbed. Banks won't/can't let them use credit cards because of the Feds. Same thing they were trying to do to gun companies under Obama.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    No problem. It's come up before when other stores were robbed. Banks won't/can't let them use credit cards because of the Feds. Same thing they were trying to do to gun companies under Obama.
    I think I learned recently that that is also the case with lottery tickets but I don't know if it's by State or nationally.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think I learned recently that that is also the case with lottery tickets but I don't know if it's by State or nationally.
    You can use debit cards and/or checks to buy lottery tickets. You can't use them for weed where it is legal. Since MJ is illegal at the federal level if banks do debit/credit card transactions for it they can be hit with major fines/seizures.

Here is an article describing some of the problems.

Some are using a workaround though, but they still do the majority of their business in cash.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

You can’t overdose on cannabis in the way that you can overdose on, say, opioids. To date, there have not been any reported deaths resulting solely from cannabis use, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Overdosing on cannabis means having a really bad experience. Just slightly different than the likelihood of death caused by overdosing on any of the other banned "drugs", you know, the dangerous ones. If we're just gonna call an overdose an overdose and lump anything with the potential to kill into that category we're gonna end up with an extremely short list of acceptable substances.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    With the chemical warfare China is practicing by sending fentanyl across the border, using any substance you have to buy from an illegal dealer is risking death.
    President Biden seems to be trying to solve the drug problem by keeping the border porous and letting the addicts kill themselves.
    It won't work because there are always new drug users.

Top Bottom