• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

As bwframe points out, "overdose" can mean "ingesting more than intended", not "ingesting so much that it endangers/kills you".
    Get tuff Nancy.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    As bwframe points out, "overdose" can mean "ingesting more than intended", not "ingesting so much that it endangers/kills you".
    Nope.
    That's not what overdose means.

You guys are playing vocabulary gymnastics to try to support your position.

If that's the case, there are millions of alcohol overdoses every weekend.....

"I got too high/drunk" isn't an overdose. "I stopped breathing and my buddy called 911 and it took 2 shots of narcan to bring me back". That's an overdose as it is understood by (almost)everyone.

Smoke pot, drink wine, smoke cigarettes, drink coffee. They're all drugs, and I support your right to enjoy them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nope.
    That's not what overdose means.

You guys are playing vocabulary gymnastics to try to support your position.

If that's the case, there are millions of alcohol overdoses every weekend.....

"I got too high/drunk" isn't an overdose. "I stopped breathing and my buddy called 911 and it took 2 shots of narcan to bring me back". That's an overdose as it is understood by (almost)everyone.

Smoke pot, drink wine, smoke cigarettes, drink coffee. They're all drugs, and I support your right to enjoy them.

I just posted links that counter a claim made in this thread, my friend.

You are welcome to back up your opinion with links from relative sources also, sir. :)

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I just posted links that counter a claim made in this thread, my friend.

You are welcome to back up your opinion with links from relative sources also, sir. :)

Links can be found to support ANY position. I can find 20 links to support flat earth theory, even though we all know it's not true. I can find links that support pedophilia as a legitimate sexual preference.....and we all know those bastards shouldn't be above ground.

You can definitely overdo it, especially novice users who want to try edibles for their first experience. Edibles many times are the cause of what the media reports as an overdose. Edible THC may take 20 minutes to 120 minutes to reach full effect. Some people, not understanding this will ingest another dose because they don't think the first one is working. Now they have double dosed with zero tolerance in their body for the chemical. When it all kicks in, they panic.

Edible forms of THC form a completely different compound when metabolized through the liver. Smoked THC can be a lot of fun but it's unlikely to cause hallucinations or panic. The compound formed when edible THC passes through the liver is a mild hallucinogen and causes many people to panic because they think someone has put something in their edible.

People die every day from alcohol overdoses. We all know people die every day from opiate overdoses including fentanyl contamination. Nobody dies from smoking too much weed. you can definitely die from doing something stupid while under the influence....but that's true of any intoxicant. I would agree that this may not be the best time to be purchasing anything from unscrupulous sources.... including marijuana.

https://www.healthline.com/health/can-you-overdose-on-marijuana

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4816654

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah, I don't know too many people recommending MJ for kids other than for specific medical reasons. Which is what that study is in part about. It tracks consistent use from childhood to adult. It also appears that any decline is reversible.
    These deficits were specific to long-term cannabis users because they were either not present or were smaller among long-term tobacco users, long-term alcohol users, midlife recreational cannabis users, and cannabis quitters.
    And from the article.
    This suggests there is a range of recreational use that may not lead to long-term cognitive issues.

Top Bottom