• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

“This is going to be the ticket that turns around Ohio, not with safe platitudes but with big ideas and smart, strategic plans,” Fedor said. “Like creating an energy dividend, legalizing marijuana and then using that money to help create 30,000 jobs that pay at least $60,000 a year. Let’s just think about what a game-changer that could be for Ohio families.”

Here you go, newRastas. As I warned, politicians see a chance to perhaps claw back some market share by supporting legalization. All you have to do is sell a little bit of your soul and vote Democratic. Sorry, $60k jobs will be far fewer than 30000 and go exclusively to friends, family and those connected to large donors

Career politician, term limited out of the running for Cincinnati mayor, wants bigger seat at the trough by being Governor

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Career politician, term limited out of the running for Cincinnati mayor, wants bigger seat at the trough by being Governor
    Leftists will support anything they think will get them votes. No morals, values, ethics or strength of character needed to apply. Politicians are going to look for ways to suck blood from any legislation they put in place, no reason to expect cannabis to be any different.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne

“This is going to be the ticket that turns around Ohio, not with safe platitudes but with big ideas and smart, strategic plans,” Fedor said. “Like creating an energy dividend, legalizing marijuana and then using that money to help create 30,000 jobs that pay at least $60,000 a year. Let’s just think about what a game-changer that could be for Ohio families.”

Here you go, newRastas. As I warned, politicians see a chance to perhaps claw back some market share by supporting legalization. All you have to do is sell a little bit of your soul and vote Democratic. Sorry, $60k jobs will be far fewer than 30000 and go exclusively to friends, family and those connected to large donors

Nobody has to "sell their soul and vote Democratic". Full legalization is going to happen in Ohio, likely in 2022, and 30k jobs will be created because of it. Over 400k jobs have been created nationwide from legalization, and the average salary is $80k-180k.

Michigan might hit $500 million in tax revenue from cannabis sales this year. Colorado and California are closer to $1B. Pretty sure that's a big number. None of the legal states seem to be having the black market issues California is having, which is likely due to over-regulation and leadership issues.

I know you have no idea how any of it works, at all, but the 30k jobs will be local jobs. Yes, there will be state and county jobs created to oversee licensing, compliance, etc, but the majority of the the jobs will be cultivation, processing, packaging, testing, retail... but also lawyers and CPA's dealing directly with the ridiculous burdens placed on legal businesses.

Listen, legalization is a good thing. Substance abuse is not, no matter what substance. It is not just about tax revenue, although that should dangle a carrot in front of most politicians, and hundreds of millions of dollars is nothing to scoff at. Opioid use is down in legal states, teen cannabis AND alcohol use is down, no significant increase in traffic deaths, ZERO overdose deaths. Commercial real estate is booming- there isn't an empty building in Colorado right now. Every highway was not only "adopted" by a dispensary, their employees actually cleaned it up. I flew to Denver just to go to dispensaries. I have driven to Michigan and toured 20+ facilities. I have been through the #1 cultivation facility in Ohio (the newRasta in me grinned ear to ear the entire time!). It's an incredible facility built by 4th generation family farmers who knew what crops were going to pay the most. Had to sign an N.D.A and wear a lab coat to just make it through the doors. These are multi-million dollar facilities that are micro-managed under the biggest microscope any industry has ever seen. What other industry requires full background checks of every investor, real estate agreements in place, municipal approval, proof of $500k liquid funds, and a non-refundable $15k application fee just for the CHANCE at getting chosen for a license? But then you most likely have to deal solely in cash, but cant use banks or credit cards, and get audited at a 50% rate yearly? Not to mention up to 50% in taxes, without the ability to advertise or write off anything other than C.O.G.S?

I don't know how many of you have dealt with drug dealers, but it is terrifying. This eliminates drug dealers from the equation. You know the percentage of THC in your flower, and it has been tested by a certified lab to verify potency and prevent pesticides, chemicals, and mold. The edibles are made in commercial kitchens, not in someone's basement, and are also batch tested. This is a professional operation. You walk in, tell the people how you want to feel, and they recommend products. Some people dont want to smoke flower, or medically cannot. There are tinctures and concentrates that are sublingual. Edibles that are precisely dosed out so you know exactly what you are getting. CBD products contain ZERO THC (0.3%, legally) and do not make you feel "high". Look up Charlotte's Webb CBD for an incredible story. Millions of people consume cannabis in one form or another, and not one person can discredit the relief (reLEAF?) they feel from it. Seizures, pain, anxiety, appetite stimulant for cancer patients, Parkinson's, glaucoma, insomnia... it is medicine for many people, and NOBODY on this planet has the right to tell them it isn't. I don't care if someone just wants to get loaded, stoned, higher than giraffe *****, whatever.... That is also their choice.

The only conversation worth having is how should it be regulated. Personal opinion of the morality or the people who wish to indulge doesn't mean anything. I have a personal opinion of a lot of people who do a lot of things, that also means nothing. I would really like to shift the conversation of this thread towards the inevitable legalization, that would be the most productive use of everyone's time. There is also an incredible opportunity for investment if anyone is interested. The stigma is gone, and opening up dialogue now is the best thing for the state. That's all we should be worried about anyway.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nobody has to "sell their soul and vote Democratic". Full legalization is going to happen in Ohio, likely in 2022, and 30k jobs will be created because of it. Over 400k jobs have been created nationwide from legalization, and the average salary is $80k-180k.
    I don't believe you

243k, about 60.6% of your claim

Glassdoor analyzed a large sample of job postings and found that the median base annual salary in the cannabis industry was $58,511

About 33 to 73% of claimed

I could also cite a Forbes study, if you wish, that shows that professionals are barely cracking $100k at best and it is C-suite professionals who are the only ones doing significantly better. Just how many of those jobs do you think there really are?
    pie_in_the_sky.jpeg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Michigan might hit $500 million in tax revenue from cannabis sales this year. Colorado and California are closer to $1B. Pretty sure that's a big number. None of the legal states seem to be having the black market issues California is having, which is likely due to over-regulation and leadership issues.

State2020 marijuana tax revenue
    Alaska$23,864,759
    California$1,031,879,926
    Colorado$387,480,110
    Illinois$52,783,471
    Massachusetts$81,734,083
    Nevada$105,180,947
    Oregon$133,150,349
    Washington$469,200,000

You are correct about California, not even close about Colorado. You will not be able to 'tell me how it all works' if you are fast and loose with readily available numbers. Why would I accept your analysis of the facts if you can't get the facts correct?

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    I don't believe you

243k, about 60.6% of your claim

Glassdoor analyzed a large sample of job postings and found that the median base annual salary in the cannabis industry was $58,511

About 33 to 73% of claimed

I could also cite a Forbes study, if you wish, that shows that professionals are barely cracking $100k at best and it is C-suite professionals who are the only ones doing significantly better. Just how many of those jobs do you think there really are?
    View attachment 174710

Ah, this guy is still here though. Great.

What year do you think it is, buddy? You cant look at a jobs report from over a year ago. How many new states legalized cannabis in 2020 and 2021? Dont think any additional jobs were added in those states, after that report was published? And those tax numbers don't reflect the current fiscal year, which was said to have broken sales records in most states. But lets play semantics and try to pretend the impressive numbers are only slightly less impressive. Maybe Colorado ONLY made half a billion in tax revenue this year, oh well. You are trying to split hairs to discredit the truth, because you have no truths of your own. Just illogical emotion.

How many executive jobs exist? A lot. Again, I realize you are very underinformed. But you can't deny what is happening. The number of cultivation facilities in Ohio will double (the state has a huge supply issue and only has like 17 operable facilities), the number of dispensaries is doubling already just for the RFAII period (Medical only). I dont care if the average job is $60k (spoiler... its not. Glassdoor postings for "open jobs" is not the same as actual data for all jobs in the industry. How many C-level jobs are just posted on Glassdoor versus budtenders, trimmers, delivery drivers, etc?), Ohio couldnt use 30k more jobs paying that much money? If your only argument is "The numbers are only 70% of what you are claiming!! Waaaaah!" then you don't really have an argument.

You might as well be quoting Wallethub surveys with your outdated and inaccurate info. Again, I'm not sure why you feel compelled to muddy the waters and be a contrarian. You have said a LOT of things that are untrue, and plenty that were just ridiculous (it's like CoMmUnIsmS!!!) . You really haven't said anything other than wildly off base generalizations. The best part is, there is nothing you can do to stop it from happening in your state, or eventually mine.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ah, this guy is still here though. Great.

What year do you think it is, buddy? You cant look at a jobs report from over a year ago. How many new states legalized cannabis in 2020 and 2021? Dont think any additional jobs were added in those states, after that report was published? And those tax numbers don't reflect the current fiscal year, which was said to have broken sales records in most states. But lets play semantics and try to pretend the impressive numbers are only slightly less impressive. Maybe Colorado ONLY made half a billion in tax revenue this year, oh well. You are trying to split hairs to discredit the truth, because you have no truths of your own. Just illogical emotion.
    Then perhaps you should cite YOUR sources. I couldn't find any data for beyond the second quarter of 2021 released yet but by all means show me those numbers for the full year (that ended less than a week ago)

But by all means, do keep regaling us with your opinions

I give you hard data, you give me starry-eyed bull*** but I'M the one trying to discredit the truth

'You keep using that word, but I do not think you know what it means'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is that due to MJ legalization or the open border with Mexico?
    That information was not included in the data. The point spoken to was that legalization supposedly lowered opioid use in those states that had done so. No modifier such as 'some' was included, so the implication was 100% correlation. The exception thus disproves the hypothesis

Of course the CDC data only included through 2018, so I'm sure my information is out of date or something

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That information was not included in the data. The point spoken to was that legalization supposedly lowered opioid use in those states that had done so. No modifier such as 'some' was included, so the implication was 100% correlation. The exception thus disproves the hypothesis

Of course the CDC data only included through 2018, so I'm sure my information is out of date or something
    No need for the purple. It is out of date. The fentanyl epidemic has ballooned since Biden re-opened the southern border.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No need for the purple. It is out of date.
    Can you find more recent data? Even using the California Overdose Surveillance Dashboard, I can only find data up through 2020 and preliminary data on 1st and 2nd quarter 2021 and none of it in graphic form for comparison to the years since legalization in order to detect the trend

On the dashboard, I'm seeing just over 5500 ODs in 2020, so it isn't going down. It was only 2410 in 2018

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    If there is anyone interested in furthering the actual conversation about Indiana legislation and the legalization efforts I would love to connect though. Now is the time to get on board, Indiana is hopefully one of the next markets coming online. There are currently 4 pieces of legislation that have been read in 2022 and referred to committees. 2 seem to have more of a chance than the others, but support for any will still be a step forward for now.

Top Bottom