• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I think you failing to realize how fickle rights are in the US. Listen to what they say. Look how political correctness has invaded American pop culture. The left simply does not believe in an armed society. The court system most certainly isn't a sure way to victory. In a Democratic administration, the next gun friendly person on the court that retires will likely be replaced by a justice of the "wise latina" class. Heller was decided 5-4 along ideological lines. One less conservative vote and it would have gone the other way. Hilary says the court got that wrong, which I take to mean that she would appoint justices who would get it "right".

When the court decides constitutionality by ideological whim, your rights are indeed as fickle as their whim.

And, as far as congress repealing the laws, forget it. That's not happening at the national level anytime soon. It would take a clear Republican--notice I didn't say democrat--majority and a Republican president who are politically courageous enough to weather the sure ****storm mob shaming campaign that the progressives will surely wage.

I think your optimism is misplaced.

Misplaced or not, I just don't see it happening in the near future. There are just too many Republicans that wouldn't let it happen in the legislative branch. A democrat president can push all they want but the GOP will likely hold the house, and that's all they need. Senate will probably be split almost evenly, so no chance of anything there either. But you make a valid point of SOCTUS nominations. I'd imagine all republicans voting against a gun grabber. Hopefully that'll be enough.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Misplaced or not, I just don't see it happening in the near future. There are just too many Republicans that wouldn't let it happen in the legislative branch. A democrat president can push all they want but the GOP will likely hold the house, and that's all they need. Senate will probably be split almost evenly, so no chance of anything there either. But you make a valid point of SOCTUS nominations. I'd imagine all republicans voting against a gun grabber. Hopefully that'll be enough.

But there will always be some Republicans who will vote for gun-grabbing. I'd expect Olympia Snow to be one of them, even though her state has approved "Constitutional Carry." Various New England and West Coast Republicans would probably break with the Party if there were enough Democrat votes to give them cover.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So what's the message here? It's okay to vote Democrat because Republicans will save us? Wow.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    But there will always be some Republicans who will vote for gun-grabbing. I'd expect Olympia Snow to be one of them, even though her state has approved "Constitutional Carry." Various New England and West Coast Republicans would probably break with the Party if there were enough Democrat votes to give them cover.

Guns are a non-issue to New England and California republicans. They can go either way. Although Maine did just go constitutional carry..

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    No such thing. If they did they wouldn't be modern day Democrats.

[video=youtube;mLonxjsP2S8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLonxjsP2S8[/video]

Because Hillary is the end-all, be-all supreme emperor leader of the Democratic Party? No she isn't. Many democrats do not like her. They are almost as fractured as the GOP. While their numbers are low (pro-gun democrats) they certainly do exist. Also, parties vary greatly by region. A southern democrat is much more likely to support gun rights than California democrat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because Hillary is the end-all, be-all supreme emperor leader of the Democratic Party? No she isn't. Many democrats do not like her. They are almost as fractured as the GOP. While their numbers are low (pro-gun democrats) they certainly do exist. Also, parties vary greatly by region. A southern democrat is much more likely to support gun rights than California democrat.

No. Debbie Wasssssssserman Schultz is the grand poohbah of the Democratic Party. Huh. What does she think about gun control? Hmmm?

That said, as an independent who typically ends up voting for the somewhat less evil Republican candidate, I would vote for a pro 2A democrat over an anti 2A republican, given equality of evilness on other topics.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    No. Debbie Wasssssssserman Schultz is the grand poohbah of the Democratic Party. Huh. What does she think about gun control? Hmmm?

That said, as an independent who typically ends up voting for the somewhat less evil Republican candidate, I would vote for a pro 2A democrat over an anti 2A republican, given equality of evilness on other topics.

If it's possible to hate a female democrat more than Hillary, it's probably her. Wasssserman makes my blood boil. Dumb smug elitist.
    I too would take a pro-gun democrat over an anti-gun republican.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...A southern democrat is much more likely to support gun rights than California democrat.

When was the last time they did when it made a difference?

How many Dems do you see countering the gun control stance of Clinton and Waaaa-Shultz?

How many Dems speak of their NRA membership?

As stated, none in the modern day.

...I too would take a pro-gun democrat over an anti-gun republican.

Please name who you are referring to?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When was the last time they did when it made a difference?

How many Dems do you see countering the gun control stance of Clinton and Waaaa-Shultz?

How many Dems speak of their NRA membership?

As stated, none in the modern day.

I too would take a pro-gun democrat over an anti-gun republican.

Please name who you are referring to?

I gave a similar sentiment but qualified it with "given the equality of evilness". But it's a rhetorical statement. I'm not aware of any national level Democrats who fit that description. Jim Webb would be closest, but then there isn't exactly an equality of evilness with many Republicans.

I do believe he is out of touch with the mainstream Democratic Party, which is good. But he favors enough traditional democratic policies that I don't like, which makes him at least a little more evil than many Republicans. There are some circumstances where I'd vote for him. If someone like Lindsey Graham were running in the general election against Webb I'd probably vote for Webb. That's just not realistic though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I gave a similar sentiment but qualified it with "given the equality of evilness". But it's a rhetorical statement. I'm not aware of any national level Democrats who fit that description. Jim Webb would be closest, but then there isn't exactly an equality of evilness with many Republicans.

I do believe he is out of touch with the mainstream Democratic Party, which is good. But he favors enough traditional democratic policies that I don't like, which makes him at least a little more evil than many Republicans. There are some circumstances where I'd vote for him. If someone like Lindsey Graham were running in the general election against Webb I'd probably vote for Webb. That's just not realistic though.

Web quit in 2011, he's not a modern day Dem. He might well have been the last of the unicorns Chester is thinking still exist?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Web quit in 2011, he's not a modern day Dem. He might well have been the last of the unicorns Chester is thinking still exist?

In his announcement today Webb pretty much admitted how out of touch he was with the mainstream Democrats of today.

Listening to commentary from XM's POTUS Press pool, I forget the reporter's name who said this, but essentially that Webb would have to go back at least 30 years to be accepted as having a mainstream Democratic view. And then the reporter went on to say that JFK would be considered a Tea Party radical by Today's Democrat. That says a lot coming from a reporter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In his announcement today Webb pretty much admitted how out of touch he was with the mainstream Democrats of today.

Listening to commentary from XM's POTUS Press pool, I forget the reporter's name who said this, but essentially that Webb would have to go back at least 30 years to be accepted as having a mainstream Democratic view. And then the reporter went on to say that JFK would be considered a Tea Party radical by Today's Democrat. That says a lot coming from a reporter.

I would likely not have voted for Webb unless Hillary Clinton somehow got the GOP nomination and Bernie had gotten a viable 3rd party nomination but at least you have to give him credit for holding to his core and not prostituting himself to try to become appealing to the democrat base.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would likely not have voted for Webb unless Hillary Clinton somehow got the GOP nomination and Bernie had gotten a viable 3rd party nomination but at least you have to give him credit for holding to his core and not prostituting himself to try to become appealing to the democrat base.

Well, honestly I think Webb is a bit of an *******. But at least he's a principled *******. And I did scrape pretty far into the bottom of the Repubican jar to find a candidate that I'd chose Webb over instead.

Oh, crap. I forgot about the phatass pussbag. I should have used him. Okay so there's two Republicans that I'd vote Webb over. Graham and whatshisname...the fat ass....puss bag. Oh yeah, Chris Christie. Anyone who says he'd do "ANYTHING to keep Americans safe" does not have my vote. Ever. I'd write in "GFGT" before I'd vote for such a person.

ETA: I'd even vote <shudder/> Libertarian.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, honestly I think Webb is a bit of an *******. But at least he's a principled *******. And I did scrape pretty far into the bottom of the Repubican jar to find a candidate that I'd chose Webb over instead.

Oh, crap. I forgot about the phatass pussbag. I should have used him. Okay so there's two Republicans that I'd vote Webb over. Graham and whatshisname...the fat ass....puss bag. Oh yeah, Chris Christie. Anyone who says he'd do "ANYTHING to keep Americans safe" does not have my vote. Ever. I'd write in "GFGT" before I'd vote for such a person.

ETA: I'd even vote <shudder/> Libertarian.

I feel honored....kinda. :D

Top Bottom