• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you get hung up on a NICS check, the law says an FFL can release the gun after 3 days. They want to change it to no release at all unless FBI gives a clear proceed.

Charleston church shooter did not get a clear "proceed" but LGS released the gun after 3 days, per the law.

And that "proceed" is not a loophole.
    It's so that they don't underman the department, and have gun control by just "waiting".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What should scare the hell out of this country is when Francis said He will take for you gun. Not what he said, but the audience reaction. They stood up and cheered for communism. They stood up and cheered for gov't entering your house and stealing your property by force. You wonder how germany was able to do the things they did and their population stood by and either watched or followed along. This is how. Propaganda, gov't being god to them and pure hate for us. How can a politician actually feel the way the left does? Simple, money and power. They have no religion, they have no right and wrong. The politician has the power and gets the money by doing nothing other than ruling over other people they deem as peasants. Can you imagine what two generations ago would think if they saw what has become of this country?

The problem is not these people running, or those like AOC..
    The problem is, people are voting for them.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You still nee 46 or 47.

What was thst you posted yesterday Act?

OH! Yeah! :postwhore:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    J, Please enumerate where Trump has taken or used power not already given to him.

I see no expansion, maybe you could point it out.

I am sure if you or Kut were president you would not use the devices at your disposal in order to help the country as you see fit.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    also, he heads the Executive Branch. the ATF is Executive.
    So, he shoulda told them bump stocks need Legislative Action.
    bureaucrats are not supposed to make law

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Talk is cheap, let's see what plays out.

I thought the bump stock ban was the NRA's doing.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I found this ironic: Last night while the Democrats held a debate in Houston less than a mile away at the same time the Dems said we don't need our guns for protection (I am paraphrasing) these 4 guys robbed a priest at gunpoint, carjacked a Tahoe, then when it ran out of gas they got in a gunfight with the police and critically wounded a police officer. And we don't need our guns?
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-texas-police-shot-priest-assaulted

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    69953406_2400431826720125_6931331691025793024_n.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    J, Please enumerate where Trump has taken or used power not already given to him.

I see no expansion, maybe you could point it out.

I am sure if you or Kut were president you would not use the devices at your disposal in order to help the country as you see fit.

How about circumventing congress's authority to appropriate money? Trump asked for money, for a wall, and when it was denied, he declared a national emergency, to have the funds diverted. That has never happened in our history (diverting funds to something Congress had already explicitly denied). If you hold that it's the president's right to do so, then you believe that the president, unilaterally, has the power to declare anything, literally anything, a national emergency, and then divert funds from anywhere. Somehow, I don't think the founders had such in mind. That's a power grab.

Bumpstocks? The president, via executive order can direct an agency to "re-evaluate" a previous privilege, no right, with the intent of taking away that right. Via executive order? I would bet the founders would have issues with that too.

Or how about his private interests? The first president in modern times to not divest, or put into a blind trust, his business interests (despite saying he would). From his presidential perch he has been able to plug his properties, and keep track of how they are doing. While that may be within his rights, it something that other president's simply don't do. The presidency is a FULL time job, requiring constant vigilant attention. You'd have a hard time convincing me that the president, even subconsciously, isn't keeping his businesses in mind when he makes decisions. I challenge you to find something the president has rallied behind, as being a benefit for the regular American citizen, that he hasn't also benefitted handsomely from.

That's a start. I'd be interested in you take on it. I noted that you carved out the caveat "not already given to him." Using that litmus, pretty much everything a president has done, and has been allowed to endure, is using a power "given to him." What you need to recognize is that there are long held traditions and customs, associated with the power of the president. The "spirit" of the document, if you will. The spirit of the document has been, long before Trump, repeatedly ignored, in deference to the president. And presidents have taken those powers and ran with them. Trump is no different, and he is further expanding the power of the presidency.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How about circumventing congress's authority to appropriate money? Trump asked for money, for a wall, and when it was denied, he declared a national emergency, to have the funds diverted. That has never happened in our history (diverting funds to something Congress had already explicitly denied). If you hold that it's the president's right to do so, then you believe that the president, unilaterally, has the power to declare anything, literally anything, a national emergency, and then divert funds from anywhere. Somehow, I don't think the founders had such in mind. That's a power grab.

Bumpstocks? The president, via executive order can direct an agency to "re-evaluate" a previous privilege, no right, with the intent of taking away that right. Via executive order? I would bet the founders would have issues with that too.

Or how about his private interests? The first president in modern times to not divest, or put into a blind trust, his business interests (despite saying he would). From his presidential perch he has been able to plug his properties, and keep track of how they are doing. While that may be within his rights, it something that other president's simply don't do. The presidency is a FULL time job, requiring constant vigilant attention. You'd have a hard time convincing me that the president, even subconsciously, isn't keeping his businesses in mind when he makes decisions. I challenge you to find something the president has rallied behind, as being a benefit for the regular American citizen, that he hasn't also benefitted handsomely from.

That's a start. I'd be interested in you take on it. I noted that you carved out the caveat "not already given to him." Using that litmus, pretty much everything a president has done, and has been allowed to endure, is using a power "given to him." What you need to recognize is that there are long held traditions and customs, associated with the power of the president. The "spirit" of the document, if you will. The spirit of the document has been, long before Trump, repeatedly ignored, in deference to the president. And presidents have taken those powers and ran with them. Trump is no different, and he is further expanding the power of the presidency.
    The first is apparently within his power to do. Just because you don't like his definition of an emergency, does not mean that anything would qualify. I'm no fan of the wall, but the shear number of people crossing our Southern border is a huge problem.

Bumpstocks is definitely one.

How is this grabbing power? Can you name another President that had such a large company that he controlled when he took office? Divesting from investments is a lot different than selling off your company, which would have been the only way he could have been separated from his business.

You really don't have much to back up your argument on this one

The e-cig decree will probably be a second.

His have so far been relatively minor compared to his predecessors.

Top Bottom