• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I see people using LTCH, CCW, gun permit, gun license, etc. interchangeably, constantly. For me, this is a complete non-issue.

Simmy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Thanks for the information.
    Finally after 35 years of trying my wife and I took the NRA Basic Hand Gun class together. She had never pulled the trigger on anything prior to the class. Now all I have to do is get her to get her Carry permit.
    She still doesn't want to admit it, but she enjoyes the competition of shooting.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Wow... I wish I had all the time you folks have. Permit, license, pink card, etc. Really? Who cares?

No one has issues understanding the post when these are used interchangeably, but somehow people can't seem to resist the temptation to correct others.

I am pleased to see sheriffs departments posting a link to get whatever you want to call it. Indiana could print something different on the top of the card tomorrow if they wanted. What I prefer it be called is 'unneccesary'.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's just like the dorks who fuss when someone says clip instead of magazine and then tries to discredit them of make fun of them. It's stupid. I knew plenty of people in the military who called them clips. We're they not worthy? Lol. Get a life people.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Isn't a LICENSE really a PERMIT to do something? I have an insurance Agent's license that permits me to sell insurance to someone. A drivers license permits you to drive a car.

What's the big deal? If someone asks if I have a permit to carry a handgun, I reply, "Yup, I have a license for that!" I know what he means when he says permit.

Take up rabbit hunting if you want to split hares. :laugh:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Years ago in Indiana it was a permit. It was also a CCW permit. It's funny to see people splitting hairs over **** that doesn't matter yet they don't do anything to protect the Second Amendment. :xmad:

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    When was this?

I see no reference to any modification in the Indiana Code. Can we have a citation please?

Or, is this what you were told by the police, at the gun shop, etc.:dunno:

This :yesway: thats why I asked for a link, kirk you are the one who taught me this a while back when I was asking if this very thing was true because someone told me it was and I felt it was wrong. Kirk=Mythbuster

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Op, who in the hell cares?? I see red when I see people being corrected for their spelling and Grammar mistakes, DID YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE TERM MEANT ON THEIR SITE??
    The English language was developed - as were ALL languages - to convey information from one person to others - PERIOD! If the posters or Web sites use alternate words to convey information - what is the big deal as long as you understand the meaning??? The NIT-PICKERS that interject their (in my opinion) asinine comments correcting others are apparently not interested in the topic being discussed - only trying to make themselves feel superior to others. The issue of CLIP versus Magazine is ridiculous to the extreme. If anyone on here does not understand and know that a 1911 handgun has a MAGAZINE they know nothing about guns. And if someone calls it a clip no one but the person crying about it cares! I worked as a Professional Engineer for about 40 years, I would have never questioned or corrected anyone's terminology or language in any meeting unless it was something that was not clearly understood. If anyone had corrected mine I would have instantly cut them down and questioned their intelligence!

Top Bottom