• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Op, who in the hell cares?? I see red when I see people being corrected for their spelling and Grammar mistakes, DID YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE TERM MEANT ON THEIR SITE??
    The English language was developed - as were ALL languages - to convey information from one person to others - PERIOD! If the posters or Web sites use alternate words to convey information - what is the big deal as long as you understand the meaning??? The NIT-PICKERS that interject their (in my opinion) asinine comments correcting others are apparently not interested in the topic being discussed - only trying to make themselves feel superior to others. The issue of CLIP versus Magazine is ridiculous to the extreme. If anyone on here does not understand and know that a 1911 handgun has a MAGAZINE they know nothing about guns. And if someone calls it a clip no one but the person crying about it cares! I worked as a Professional Engineer for about 40 years, I would have never questioned or corrected anyone's terminology or language in any meeting unless it was something that was not clearly understood. If anyone had corrected mine I would have instantly cut them down and questioned their intelligence!

So by this train of thought why do we have names for colors? Why not just call them all blue? Why not call all trucks Chevys instead of different makes and models? Because that's labeling something it isnt.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    No link to a code or anything like that. I remember it being called and labeled that. I don't have any old copies of mine as they were thrown away when they were replaced. You had to put a fingerprint on them as well as state why you wanted/needed one when you applied. This was in the late 70's and early 80's. Probably before a lot of people in this thread were even born. :D

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Wow! Just imagine they use the most common term for it! Call the PC nazi's!:laugh:
    Exactly!

why-we-cant-have-nice-things-18409.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'm kind of partial to the term "certificate."

Hear me out.

The whole idea of granting permission/license to exercise a right is repugnant.

Rather, "certifying"/attesting/confirming that an individual is a proper person, and issuing a "certificate" to that effect, signifying that a right hasn't been recinded/revoked - that's much better, imho

Can we introduce a bill to rename them to CTCH? ;)

Top Bottom