• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Ok. I have done a lot of research and I know pretty much what I want. I am looking at an M4 profile 16" with chrome lined barrel. If I purchase from Del-Ton I'm going to get the RR 2 stage trigger, Magul MOE handguard, Magpul CRT stock, Phantom 5C2 flash hider and add a badger tec latch to the charging handle. Palmetto does not all you to customize their rifle kits like Delton so I would just order the M4 kit with chrome lined barrel and order the rest from whomever I can get the best price and shipping from.

I am also planning to purchase Magpul flip up sights, Hogue grips, mags and sling from Midway. Palmetto has been getting a lot of good press lately and it sounds like their suppliers are top notch. I cannot find much information about Delton's barrels and other parts.

Who to chose? What makes a better product? I want to be ready to place my order during the Black Friday sale. Thanks!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Ok. I have done a lot of research and I know pretty much what I want. I am looking at an M4 profile 16" with chrome lined barrel. If I purchase from Del-Ton I'm going to get the RR 2 stage trigger, Magul MOE handguard, Magpul CRT stock, Phantom 5C2 flash hider and add a badger tec latch to the charging handle. Palmetto does not all you to customize their rifle kits like Delton so I would just order the M4 kit with chrome lined barrel and order the rest from whomever I can get the best price and shipping from.

I am also planning to purchase Magpul flip up sights, Hogue grips, mags and sling from Midway. Palmetto has been getting a lot of good press lately and it sounds like their suppliers are top notch. I cannot find much information about Delton's barrels and other parts.

Who to chose? What makes a better product? I want to be ready to place my order during the Black Friday sale. Thanks!

I am Palmetto biased as I just purchased one of their rifle kits. You might want to check their site again. When you place one of their uppers in the cart, it lists options. One of the ones available when I purchased mine was a magpul upgrade, so I know for a fact its an option. Have you tried calling them? Don't know of any supplier that won't give you a discount if you buy a lot of goodies.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I am Palmetto biased as I just purchased one of their rifle kits. You might want to check their site again. When you place one of their uppers in the cart, it lists options. One of the ones available when I purchased mine was a magpul upgrade, so I know for a fact its an option. Have you tried calling them? Don't know of any supplier that won't give you a discount if you buy a lot of goodies.

Interesting. Thank you for information! I will put the kit in the cart take a look at the options.

TacticalM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Dang, whats the black Friday sale going to be? I couldn't wait that long anyway. I just placed my order for Del-Ton kit today through Midway. Coupon code gets you an extra $50 off your order. Got the M4 16" carbine kit with chrome for $469 + options minus discount...

I have heard great reviews about Del-Ton except from guys who own and want to sell older more expensive AR's!!

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Dang, whats the black Friday sale going to be? I couldn't wait that long anyway. I just placed my order for Del-Ton kit today through Midway. Coupon code gets you an extra $50 off your order. Got the M4 16" carbine kit with chrome for $469 + options minus discount...

I have heard great reviews about Del-Ton except from guys who own and want to sell older more expensive AR's!!

There are a lot of AR snobs out there. I have heard that Del-ton does a 10-15% for Black Friday. I didn't know that Midway sold the kits. I would like to customize my kit a little. The only think I don't like about Del-Ton is they shipping charge. I added a Magpul MOE flip up rear sight and they were going to charge $11 shipping for it.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I just found out that Del-ton's barrels are Mossberg blanks that Del-ton turns. I don't know if this is something that I need to me concerned with.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm in a similar boat and I'm trying to sort through the sea of parts for my first build. One thing I have been noticing about Del-Ton is that ordering from their website will have a 4-6 week wait. However, the kits are on sale at Midway, but you can't customize them if you buy it from midway.

I'm looking for a disipator kit and something else I noticed about the Del-Ton kits is that their buffer tubers are "commercial" and not the "mil-spec" size. That may or may not be a deal breaker, but that's a big item to some people out there. I'm leaning towards the Del-ton myself, but I'm not really convinced yet either.

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    My second build. Used a PSA rifle kit, upgraded with magpul goodies and mounted it on a Spikes lower.Have'nt ran it yet but im happy with fit & finish. ( Sorry about the blurry pic)

002-4.jpg

TacticalM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    I'm in a similar boat and I'm trying to sort through the sea of parts for my first build. One thing I have been noticing about Del-Ton is that ordering from their website will have a 4-6 week wait. However, the kits are on sale at Midway, but you can't customize them if you buy it from midway.

I'm looking for a disipator kit and something else I noticed about the Del-Ton kits is that their buffer tubers are "commercial" and not the "mil-spec" size. That may or may not be a deal breaker, but that's a big item to some people out there. I'm leaning towards the Del-ton myself, but I'm not really convinced yet either.

Anyone know what the difference is between commercial and mil spec buffer tubes? They do supply a mil spec BCG.

TacticalM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011

Also, on the Midway site, notice the m4 16" carbine kit is considerably cheaper than on Del-Tons site. I think its also Chrome or Chrome Moly which makes it even less expensive.

As to the not being able to customize it, Del-ton only offers like $10 bucks for the hand grip and $2 for the pistol grip. They MAKE you buy a more expensive hand grip if you want one of their options, plus its an additional $45 for chrome, which is included at Midway. I selected a carbine length UTG quad rail annodized aluminum 2 piece rail with rubber grips for like $69 bucks, and I will end up with the extra Del-Ton standard hand grip. It got good reviews.

PLUS- Midway offers a 10% discount or $50 off my $591 order for a complete kit with all kind of cool starter upgrades.

The Pmags are about $4 more expensive, but I think if that matters, they can be purchased elsewhere.

Just my .02... These weapons are so far advanced over what was original issue M16 that it would blow my mind to really see anything coming out of a shop any more that's sub par for what MOST of us civilians need or would ever is it for. I welcome input from someone who really knows what the big difference is between RRA, Bushmaster and the lower priced Del-Ton, DPMS etc... haven't heard anything conclusive yet!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i have a PSA middy and it is awesome. PSA is putting out some great options at amazing price points.

in the interest of disclosure, I will say that lately it seems PSA has been experiencing some growing pains -Shipping delays, communication issues as well as the 2 threads on ARF.com where PSA put carbine gas tubes on midlengths.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I love my Del-ton, got the 16'' lightweight kit last black friday sale. Not sure how many rounds I've put through it now but I've never had a malfunction, considering buying another one for this year's sale.

Just had it out last week to put a few hundred more through it, absolute blast. It's my current infatuation, again.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I am very happy with my PSA purchases, in which i will probably order another complete upper before too long. Their lower parts kits are top notch as well as the BCG and barrels.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Anyone know what the difference is between commercial and mil spec buffer tubes? They do supply a mil spec BCG.

The MilSpec tobe is smaller in diameter, there are also different number of adjustment positions between the 2. And the last I read on the subject Delton BCGs are not MilSpec. It has to be an M16/M4 style bolt to be spec, as well as chrome lined.

Top Bottom