Coatesville
    Defensive Handgun Concepts Level 1
    Where: Riley Conservation Club
    When: June 27, 2015 10amto 2pm
    Cost: $75
    Instructor: BehindBlueI’s
    Assisted by: Coach (Aron Bright)
    To receive registration forms: abright@ccrtc.com
    Your spot in the class is held when the form and PIF is received.Class limited to the first twelve students.

Requirements:
    The ability to safely operate a handgun is required and is not negotiable.
    Basic marksmanship. This is not a fundamentals class. To get the most out of this class you should be able to draw and keep shots onan IDPA target at 7 yards.

Gear requirements:
    A belt mounted holster. Strong side IWB or OWB is encouraged.
    A concealment garment.
    Eye and ear protection.
    Handgun, 2-3 magazines
    Round count will likely be 100-200 for the day.

Goals:
    Learn the most common precursors to “random” violence based onsurvivor’s statements.
    Learn how to react to these precursors to maximize your odds ofprevailing should the situation escalate, based on interviews and crime sceneanalysis.
    Work through scenarios based on actual crime scenes. Whatthe actual person involved did, what worked, and what didn’t will be discussed.
    Scenarios and associated lectures will be provided by INGO userBehindBlueI’s. BBI has 9 years of law enforcement experience, 3 years asa Robbery/Aggravated Assault detective in a Homicide & Robbery unit, andhas been involved in the investigation of hundreds of shootings, stabbings, androbberies.

Handgun fundamentals, efficiency of draw stroke, shooting skill feedback provided by Coach.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm in if I can respectfully decline the encouragement and run AIWB.

I encourage everyone to show up with how they normally carry. I only ask you have an open mind about the pros and cons of various techniques, the "whys" behind them, etc. There is no one answer for every problem, and neither I nor the class will be dogmatic about "the right way". The reason I'm requesting belt carry is simply due to range safety, I'd rather not have people holstering while muzzling folks behind them. If you can demonstrate you are safe with your equipment, range rules do not prohibit it, etc. you're good to go.

I would also encourage everyone to bring a notebook and pen.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    We won't be required to purchase a membership to the range in order to attend the class, right?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We won't be required to purchase a membership to the range in order to attend the class, right?

There is no membership to buy, no guest fee to pay. I rent the spot from the class tuition and the fee is reasonable. The Riley Conservation Club is a great facility and a good range. The range rules are adequate and pro gun.

Top Bottom