• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :noway:
    The 7.62x25 is a fire-breathing monster with severe over penetration potential. Couple this with a single action only pistol with a goofy and often broken safety that was tacked on and you've got a very poor SD gun. Don't forget that commercial ammo for that is pricey.
    And I would add that the surplus ammo is corrosive, and they're not horrible to field strip, but I wouldn't call it easy either.

:noway:
    The SA trigger pull is awful. The ammo is anemic and dreadfully expensive for what it is. These guns are only good to "complete the look" if you're a Russian collector.

:yesway:
    This is a great gun for beginners or as a SD gun / BUG.

:yesway:

The CZ-82 is cheaper to shoot is you go with Silver Bear ammo. It's really a joy to shoot because of the decent trigger and accuracy. Finish on most is crap, but hey, it's under $250 for a CZ.

The CZ doesn't have a decocker so you have to carefully lower the hammer after loading.

After shooting my CZ, Doggymama's dad had me order him one from AIM. His was nicer than mine! :): I do like the "automatic safety" if you will, that engages a block such that the trigger has to be pulled fully in order for the hammer to come in contact with the firing pin. Just a little extra bonus if it's dropped.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just purchased a Polish P-64 for $200. They are really cool guns (look just like a Walther PPK). They are built like tanks and from everything I read about them, they are. They are chambered for the 9x18 makarov which falls between .380 and 9mm, about same as 38spcl. The round is not sold everywhere and not the cheapest but I'll hold on to a few hundy rnds and range shoot sparingly. Makes for a great truck gun and is very slim so easy to ccw.
    I ordered a new trigger spring (main spring) from Wolffe and cut the trigger pull quite a bit, but it's still stout. 17 lbs. I think is what Wolffe rated the spring. After that first double action pull, the trigger is sweet!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

After shooting my CZ, Doggymama's dad had me order him one from AIM. His was nicer than mine! :): I do like the "automatic safety" if you will, that engages a block such that the trigger has to be pulled fully in order for the hammer to come in contact with the firing pin. Just a little extra bonus if it's dropped.

I appreciated that when I dropped my when I open the car door. :n00b:

There's a forum dedicated to the P64. On it you can find graphic pictures of why this is an important feature and how the P64 is lacking.

Top Bottom