• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Your pig story reminds me of my mother and sister, they hit a deer a couple weeks ago. They were on a country road, and my sister saw deer in the field, to the right. She said, Hey! Deer! and my mom looked out the passenger window, and BAM she hit Bambi who was on the left, and crossed in front of her while she was looking at the deer on the right. She doesn't carry, the officer that came out had his sirens and lights on. The deer got up and ran away because of the noises/lights. Face was all smashed, and probably had numerous broken bones. Probably died in the woods. She had fur all inside her wheels, as well as a cracked headlight, and bent fender.

Car deer crash's cost insurance company's a ton of money in this state. I would hate to think of how much.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    There should be an official "MVA with deer" threads. I've had a couple near-misses in the last 6 months, one where the deer got the car next to me, another where it got lit up in my taillights.

about a year ago, my now-fiance and I hit a deer, and I went back to see if it needed finishing, but it was gone without a trace. Frozen ground, so no tracks even.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Hit one with a box truck about ten years ago in Olny, IL about midnight on a totally dark deserted road. Stopped and it was in a ditch with two broken legs just lying there looking around. Put my .380 under the chin and put a HP up into the brain and all movement ceased. No blood, no grey matter, no over penetration. Drug it up onto the side of the road and continued on with over $1700 in damages to front end . Probably not the smartest move as Indiana carry permit ain't worth squat in IL.:(

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    I have put many down in this same situation. I go out of my way to make sure the deer is laying on dirt and not asphalt.

If the pistol is used it gets 1, 45 acp gold dot to the head, this has worked every time. Otherwise, if it's thrashing around, its a 12 ga 00 buck to the chest.

Last edited:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    :lmfao::rofl::laugh:
    I don't care about the deer story, I make fun of kids like you!

photo1_zpsdfa97619.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Off topic, but a pack of coyotes killed a deer at my parents' house in rural Morgan County yesterday. Under cover of darkness the pack apparently chased it onto a frozen lake and descended upon it when it slipped and fell. The next morning there was nothing left but a big bloody place in the snow and a few scraps, legs and such. Would have been fascinating and gruesome to watch for sure and too many houses around the lake to attempt dispatching the coyotes with a rifle (if that's legal).

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    I think it was a smart cop to shoot it in the kill zone instead of the head. My wife's grandfather personally saw a cop try and shot a deer struck by a car in the head and missed. Maybe he was just saving the embarrassment

:dunno:

Top Bottom